Server time: 2017-10-21, 23:17
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy!

Settlements Thread

Jimmy!    0

With five full servers, it seems people are still chickens without heads. Typically there is some sort of RP hub, but it appears we are lacking one. With the influx of new players, maybe this idea hasn't occurred to them that they have the ability to create one.

So with a settlements thread, people can work on ideas for RP hubs similar in style to the group threads. They have some sort of backstory, some pictures, and a list of CR's. Perhaps even toss in some new rules if things get a little overwhelming.

Thoughts?

Similar to this, way back when:

NCWkati.png

Odap the Corruptor    415

I thought there was one but, I dont think there is so +1

Brad    158

Intriguing.  A little backstory couldn't hurt would be similar to character lore in my mind.  My hope would be people wouldn't metagame this information, but people seem to do a good job not metagaming character lore (i think?)

Definitely worth some well thought out discussion.

Naz    19

The only issue I see would be metagaming, but then again, it would be up to the discretion CRs to post where exactly it is. +1, I'm down to see something like that created.

Volke    131

I thought there was one but, I dont think there is so +1

I agree with this opinion. Expresses my thoughts entirely.

Cow    0

I love settlements but sadly during the previous year any settlement or group that cropped up and set up shop somewhere it would just get raided in to oblivion and once the group has disbanded people would start to wonder why the settlement went.

Everyone wants them, nobody wants to keep them running.

Post    0

I think only downside of this is camps are very destructible on DayZRP compared to mod, but of course that's up to each person if they want to reveal their camp's location, and take on that risk if they want to post about it. +1.

Autumn    127

Im with it, if people are willing to keep it alive and going as well as protect it. +1 for hub areas.

Bruce    0

Don't see why not, couldn't hurt. It would be nice to see more development and recognition on the server.

Jetwells    0

I don't think so, Most settlements as others have stated last a week at the most before they are constantly bombarded with initiations, robberys, strongarming ect. So then they get up and leave. Im also a strong beliver in keeping as much IC information off the forums as we can. So for me, I don't like the idea. But obviously, if enough people request it, then its what the community wants.

I personally would prefer all these types of things to be kept IC or in a Radio Chatter thread. Or a Bulletin Board where you can stick and post things on the forums like the radio thread. Just another variation instead of having a settlement thread to me.

Mamba    0

I don't think so, Most settlements as others have stated last a week at the most before they are constantly bombarded with initiations, robberys, strongarming ect. So then they get up and leave. Im also a strong beliver in keeping as much IC information off the forums as we can. So for me, I don't like the idea. But obviously, if enough people request it, then its what the community wants.

I personally would prefer all these types of things to be kept IC or in a Radio Chatter thread. Or a Bulletin Board where you can stick and post things on the forums like the radio thread. Just another variation instead of having a settlement thread to me.

Agreed. If you want something kept safe in this community, best to keep it to yourself. You put it on the forums and you will eventually have to move. Ideally this wouldn't be the case, but to much "conveniently" stumbling across these settlements. Especially with the new wave of players coming in, and more sure to follow. Just not practical to try to build something meaningful when it can be destroyed in just a few minutes.

My opinion is keep your settlements off the forums. Unless of course you have the manpower to defend them.

Volke    131

-User was warned for this post-

Cow    0

Maybe some kind of coalition.

One that doesn't fall flat on its face.. *Coughs* SZNU *Coughs*

Jm Von Cat    154

And because he got banned he cant have an opinion? That is a first for me hearing such a thing.

As for you calling him "Hypocritical" I don't see him mentioning anything about OOC hate, perhaps you should get down from your high horse and actually read what was posted.

AndreyQ    0

Agree Jetwells here. It is a lot better to keep it IC rather then putting all the info on the forums where everything is going to get metagamed.

Volke    131

And because he got banned he cant have an opinion? That is a first for me hearing such a thing.

As for you calling him "Hypocritical" I don't see him mentioning anything about OOC hate, perhaps you should get down from your high horse and actually read what was posted.

Like I said above:  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  I could repeat your advice to you as well in regard to getting off a high horse and reading.  Regardless, I don't want to continue this discussion in this manner.  If you want to talk further, you can talk with me on TS or PM me.  I'll leave my opinion as is and I hope we can respectfully come to a disagreement.

I like the idea but I feel it does need to be kept IC , and a thread like this just leads to metagaming imo.

Also, feel like we is needin some shade in this hoe.

Jimmy!    0

In turn Jetwells I would agree with you. But, the point of RP hubs are to in turn bring in RP no? So you would want it to be OOC to get things moving, create conflict, give people purpose. The thread section would be for people who are willing to take these risks in order to provide something in return to DayZRP. 

To be honest, I don't see the difference in posting settlement locations in the radio chatter thread. Yeah its IC, but people will see it on the forums in turn being OOC anyway.

+1 to this.. As a new player myself to this server and i know this is metagaming but it could help people form relationships with other players kinda having an idea where the general populace is. However on the same side also leads to raiding and trollling and double edged sword but what isnt now a days.

In the end this couldnt hurt as much as it would benefit most players.

Alex    465

I don't see no harm in it. It can only become more useful as patches go on, what with basebuilding etc.

Felli    65

I don't really feel a need for it, but it wouldn't hurt anyone.