Server time: 2017-10-23, 09:58
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
OverlyInfernal

First heli crash, dreams broken.

I've played this game since it was still new, and in all those hours (The staggering low amount of 130 hours) I've NEVER found a heli crash!

I had heard the legends, M4s, AUGs, even FALs! So you can bet my heart was racing when I saw that smoke, zoomed in and saw the heli!

I sprinted over, teary eyed and a huge smile thinking "This is it! This is where I get my first M4!". I knew I'd be safe, the server was completely empty and I was confident in my aim should someone suddenly log in nearby.

I arrive, start circling the heli, then I keep circling, and circling and circling...

No loot...

My heart sinks and then it hits me.

My first EVER heli crash... Was bugged...

I honestly dont know what to feel now... All this time, I've wanted to find one... And it was empty, not looted by someone else... It was just empty...

(I just got emotional about a damn heli crash in a game, I take this game WAY to seriously!)

TrilbyAsh    6

Did you actually look around the crash site in a radius, or did you just run with your nose meshed right up against the chopper? Because loot can be flung out to at least 20m in any given direction. I've done a few passes around Heli's and it's only on like the fourth sweep I'll spot something lurking in the grass. Somehow, I always miss the guns lurking in the grass, but always find the damned smoke bombs. xD

Protip: If you're alone, get down on the grass and roll around the heli. It'll help show up any loot.

Did you actually look around the crash site in a radius, or did you just run with your nose meshed right up against the chopper? Because loot can be flung out to at least 20m in any given direction. I've done a few passes around Heli's and it's only on like the fourth sweep I'll spot something lurking in the grass. Somehow, I always miss the guns lurking in the grass, but always find the damned smoke bombs. xD

Protip: If you're alone, get down on the grass and roll around the heli. It'll help show up any loot.

The first thing I did was Google this and the 20-30m radius was the first thing that came up, so I ran around in circles moving outwards for considerably more than 30m haha xD

But sadly it was infact bugged or something, as there was absolutely nothing anywhere near it ._.

I'll remember that rolling thing, maybe next time that will save me any heartbreak :D

Plank    0

Yeah, helicopter crashes get picked clean in pretty quick order in these parts. Your best shout is to search for a crash in the lesser travelled areas that have spawns.

If it was on the DayzRP servers, persistence is on, it was probably looted so quiickkkk.

It wasn't on a DayZRP server, was on a Private Hive server with persistence off.

Next time! Next time that damn M4 will be mine!

MapleMooses    0

If it was on the DayzRP servers, persistence is on, it was probably looted so quiickkkk.

It wasn't on a DayZRP server, was on a Private Hive server with persistence off.

Haha goodluckkk

Josh    37

Look at the map on Dayzdb for heli crash positions. Your welcome.

kody311    3

I found my first heli crash a few days ago. When I went up to it, the server crashed or something. I reloged and it was gone, but walked up to it and the loot was still there! But nothing that was worth taking... I know the pain

Barbarian    0

I've found, and looted a heli crash each day since I started playing RP again last weekend. I guess I'm just that lucky!

TrilbyAsh    6

...Why don't you just go to NWAF? Every time I visit after a restart, I find either an AUG or an M4. Finding the mags is the real struggle.

VincentLake    2

Yesterday i found a crash on the most western point on the map. Just above Myshkino tents. 3 AUG's, grenades and various clothing - Keep looking man! :D

Rolle    2976

Wait, there are heli crashes in game? :D