Server time: 2017-10-19, 05:36
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Rogério SkyLab

Tips and Help to start a Group?

Saah dudes. So, I wanted to start this group. Isn't too big of a deal. It isn't anything like a Mafia, or a Bandit group, or PvP, or gear, or any of that shit. It's a friendly and protective group. I feel like we have too much hostility already. As I never really had enough experiences with groups, except for when I played with The Trust, I don't have a good Knowledge for making these types of things, just like I don't have enough people (5) to start up a group idea that I can call [Active]. 

I was thinking if you guys have any tips and/or suggestions in the whole 'group' thing, and was looking for any members that have interest in the idea, so I can make this a thing.

Hexiee    3

Yo man, It'd be cool if you created a group solely on security and protecting people who pay for your service. I know we've already got groups that do that on the side but I think it'd be awesome if there was a group that dedicated themselves to this style. this is just a suggestion so don't feel like i'm telling you, you have to do this or suming. you'd probs get a fuck ton of RP outa it as well.

Yo man, It'd be cool if you created a group solely on security and protecting people who pay for your service. I know we've already got groups that do that on the side but I think it'd be awesome if there was a group that dedicated themselves to this style. this is just a suggestion so don't feel like i'm telling you, you have to do this or suming. you'd probs get a fuck ton of RP outa it as well.

I was thinking on a solely friendly group. Nothing that involves a lot of PvP, but mostly RP interactions in order to negotiate terms and stuff. But as you gave that suggestion, and the lore i'm writing shifts towards 'Justice' and 'Peace', I feel like have this group as a 'Peacemaker' middle-man could actually be a good idea. Thanks!

Hexiee    3

-offering your services-

I was thinking on a solely friendly group. Nothing that involves a lot of PvP, but mostly RP interactions in order to negotiate terms and stuff. But as you gave that suggestion, and the lore i'm writing shifts towards 'Justice' and 'Peace', I feel like have this group as a 'Peacemaker' middle-man could actually be a good idea. Thanks!

No problem man would be awesome to see this. I feel like there needs to be more friendly groups. everyone wants to eat everyone nowadays, beginning to get a lil boring.

Plank    0

I don't know how much use this will be to you, but I'll share some of my experiences.

I had never been a member of an official group before Coldwater, but the cool thing about the group is that it grew from nothing to what it is today almost entirely by in-character events and interactions. The group was shaped not only by the actions and interactions among members of the group, but also by those we met, for better or for worse, as we went along.

If you can bring an interesting idea to the table, just roll with it and take it from there, see where it goes, and you should have plenty of material to work with. Hope this helped!

Sofie    0

Keep in mind that I have never made a group myself, but this is how I judge those I hear about:

When you start a group, the first thing people see is the group thread. Make sure that it provides a good lore, interesting goals and looks professional from day one. We have a lot of talented graphic artists in the community that would most likely happily help you if it's needed. It is the first days that the thread will get the most attention, and if people feel like it's unserious and not put a lot of effort into they might not apply. 

Secondly, you should make the group known among other groups and survivors in game. Since you want to have a peaceful group; build alliances and give yourself a good reputation both for being a good ally but also a talented role player.

Good luck. Hope you go trough with it and it works out for you.

Thanks for everything guys, but, regarding the group thread. Do I need to have the 5 people required from day 1? Or can I just post the group Idea with [W.I.P] tags and wait for people to apply?

Sofie    0

The group requirements are stated here. However, I understand why the sentence about a number of members if confusing you... 

I understand it as: you can post your group idea without having 5 members as a WIP. But it will not be approved before you have at least 5 members. 

Remember it is always good to have a few people to back up your group idea and not only do it on your own. This means less work on you, plus people find groups that they see people wanting to be in more interesting than just a group with one guy.

RavioliKing    10

Good lore and thread graphics are the bare bones, and you should always starts from there.

But a civy group sounds fun, many have tried and failed. I'd be happy to participate!

a group like that, i say Make friends in game first. Too often after you make a group people seem desperate to recruit. One of the best examples is the wolves, it takes a year and a half to join their ranks. That's how it should be, you're not suppose to see a guy, ask him 'wanna join my clan' and then recruit him. For this type of group, take your time with it and recruit ICly, also it takes a year and a half to get enough members but if the idea is good, people tend to fall in line.

OR... Just make alot of friends on the forums

Noxy    3

Its a good idea, me and 3 friends have a simular group already. Been plaging for 3 days (yes im a nub) and so far have we taken upon ourself the task of helping people.gotten alot of great RP so far.