Server time: 2017-10-21, 03:28
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

How to initiate hostile RP

Question

Vulcan    0

Hey there,

I'm new to the server and I've been around for 3 days now. I was just wondering, if I wanted to rob someone, how will I walk up to them and initiate, do I just go to them and tell them to put their hands up or die? or do I need to talk and interact with them, then tell them to put their hands up? Also, if someone initiates on my friend and I'm not too close to him, can I kill whoever threatened my friend?

Another question, if I'm looting a house, and a guy next door has just initiated on someone and threatened to kill them but I do not know neither of these people, do I have the right to shoot the robber?

And in the rules when it says I gain revenge rights, does that mean I gain KoS rights?

10 answers to this question

Dougie    23

1) If you want to rob someone, always have a good reason because after you've initiated you want something to role play about, so it's better to speak with them before and build some hostilities before initiating on them, if you're interested in hostile role play. If I were you I would wait a while before trying some hostile RP and robbing out as its very easy to break rules doing these type of things, especially when you're starting out. I'd recommend spending a little time as a friendly player and get a better feel for the rules before trying out hostilities.

2) If someone initiates on your friend you need to be within 500 meters to share KoS rights with him. So, if you're within 500 meters then sure, you're allowed to kill whoever threatened him.

3) Revenge rights are KoS rights.

VincentLake    2

Yesterday i got robbed by two guys. I was an idiot for not running with my gun out, but the way they did it was horrible imo. Goes a little something like this:

Robber 1: "Whoa dude hands up or die"

Me: "Why, is this a robbery?"

Robber 1: "Yeah, i just got shot and all my gear is ruined, just going to take the neccesary things"

Me: "Well, okay then"

*Robber 2 starts cuffing me*

*Robber 1 starts emptying everything and taking all my gear*

*Me trying to small talk, crack jokes and ask why they are doing this*

----*No answer, just silence*---- (God damn annoying)

Robber 1: "Okay man, going to knock you out. If you start bleeding, I'll bandage you"

Me: "Well, okay then."

Knocks me out, i wake up, everything is gone, except for my gun (He had one himself) and ONE can of beans. I guess that's the "Neccesary things".

In my opinion, this is NOT the way to commit an enjoyable RP hold up/robbery.

Interact, maybe get the victim to pack away his guns, because you probably won't find a lot of guys doing the same mistake as me.

AND KEEP FU**ING REPLYING AND TALKING WITH YOUR VICTIM.

Boston    776

Hey there,

I'm new to the server and I've been around for 3 days now. I was just wondering, if I wanted to rob someone, how will I walk up to them and initiate, do I just go to them and tell them to put their hands up or die? or do I need to talk and interact with them, then tell them to put their hands up? Also, if someone initiates on my friend and I'm not too close to him, can I kill whoever threatened my friend?

You can initiate however you see fit. Just make sure that there is a clear demand, time given, and a consequence. Interaction beforehand is recommended, but up to you. In regards to the second question, if you are within 500m of the initiation, then you can in-fact kill the person threatening your friend, but it is recommended to re-initiate to further RP.

Another question, if I'm looting a house, and a guy next door has just initiated on someone and threatened to kill them but I do not know neither of these people, do I have the right to shoot the robber?

No. You would have to re-initiate as they aren't in your dynamic group. We had a rule a while back where you could do this (Good Samaritan Rule), but it's no longer in place.

And in the rules when it says I gain revenge rights, does that mean I gain KoS rights?

Yes.

:)

The Marshal    353

Your answers are provided above, and we have multiple guides to expand on this subject, however I see what's listed above as adequate. Does this satisfy your concerns?

I believe this guide will help further.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Echo-guide-to-hostile-RP

Clumsy    226

To break this down for you I would first like to say that it is always wise not to do any bandit RP until you have settled into the server and made sure you have a perfect understanding of the rules or else you are going to get yourself into some trouble. 

When it comes to initiating hostiles you can have hostile roleplay without even initiating on someone. Things can get heated with yelling back and forth and in the end you both go your separate ways and you are able to keep those memories for future interactions. (Best kind of RP) In order to do an actual initiation you need to have a valid IN CHARACTER reason to initiate on an individual. You are allowed to rob people but you need to make sure that you roleplay with them throughout the entire encounter and make it enjoyable for them. This means NO 1 minute robbery. To do a valid initiation you do so by making your intent clear and after having made contact with the individual. An initiation consist of a demand, with a consequence if they do not comply. Your town of voice and way of words is very important here. You can initiate by raising your gun and giving them a command such as putting their hands up or dropping their weapon. Followed by the consequence of if they don't they will be shot. You must always give them time to comply. Before you even think about initiating you want to make sure you have the situation under control and secured as you don't know who has friends hiding. You take a risk every time you rob someone so keep that in mind. 

When it comes to someone initiating on your friend you need to follow the rules that apply to sharing KOS rights. You need to have been in a dynamic group, or official group, with that person. Meaning you have to be traveling with them for awhile. Not just have met them two minutes ago and you are suddenly best buds. If they are initiated on  you need to have the two qualifications in order to share rights. 

f35810d5d1.png

You have to be within 500 meters of where the situation is occurring and as I stated have been in the parties group. IF you are outside the 500 meters you DO NOT have KOS rights and will need to initiate on the people who took your friend in order to have any kind of KOS rights. Always remember though you should prioritize RP over killing. 

When it comes to your last question of you witnessing an initiation on someone else whom you do not know. If you are not friends with the person and if you have not been initiated on then you have no right to shoot the robber. We used to have a Good Samaritan rule but it was removed due to being abused. If you want to help the person you will need to initiate on the robber yourself. 

As I said, being a bandit is not easy on this server as there are many rules that balance everything else out. My best advice would be to find people who have done this type of RP in the server for some time and maybe hang around them. See how things are done before you go jumping in there yourself.

Post    0

--Snip--

Agreed this is not the way to go about it, and as we're seeing a large wave of players because of popular YouTubers, .60, and summer we will experience some bad roleplay, and poor reasons for robberies.  As with all cases, if you feel wronged we encourage you to always record for your own safety, and use the report system.  It really does do wonders, and helps crack down on this type of gear-RP fixated robberies.

Vulcan    0

Thanks alot for the help, just another quick question, if I saw a guy, walk up to him and tell him to put his hands up or he will die, is that allowed? I would probably have a valid reason, as in I need his weapons or food.

Clumsy    226

Thanks alot for the help, just another quick question, if I saw a guy, walk up to him and tell him to put his hands up or he will die, is that allowed? I would probably have a valid reason, as in I need his weapons or food.

Just going to post a picture of the reply I already typed.

596810e5ff.png

The Marshal    353

As the answer to this has been achieved, I will /SOLVE this question. You may continue to discuss this.

Vulcan    0

Thanks to everyone for helping me out, I don't really plan on banditing any time soon, I just want to be familiar with the rules and how things work.