Server time: 2017-08-17, 23:32

Sign in to follow this  
Fackmos

Stuck laying down after throwing an item?

Yesterday my friend had thrown a bag and it 'knocked him out' but did not actually knock him out, just made him go into the KO stance/animation.. Nothing would fix it that we could think of at the time so he tried re-logging and died in the process, ending up as a fresh spawn..

Today, it had happened to me when I had thrown a shirt out of a tower. My friend came and gave me an epipen injection and I spent a good fifteen odd minutes waiting and spamming my keyboard.

I ended up finding out, after equipping my binoculars I could peer through them so I thought 'Can I throw?' so I threw a pen I had and it stood me back up which let me turn and my character then he automatically crouched into the throwing stance/animation, I then let go and threw the pen and then grabbed onto the ladder, surviving the near death experience.

Maybe my story here today will help other people live longer. (And avoid frustration)

(The internet provided me with no help on the subject yesterday or tonight and I could not see any help in the forums like the pulling of the internet to get out of being glitched in a wall.)

sds'fo'lyfe

Right now it's a bug with two handed items, don't throw them. Did this with a pickaxe once and though I had killed meself in a very bizarre way.

Confirmed fix is relogging.

A way to fix this issue is to press F1. The wave should allow you to get back up and continue on.

Encountered this while trying to throw backpacks. Fixed it by attempting to eat food. :)

I hit F1 a few times, usually unsticks me.

For me the issue is only with throwing two-handed items like weapons. Throwing one-handed items like flares or canned goods doesn't seem to have any issues. I haven't tried throwing clothing or backpacks yet.

O G    30

Encountered this while trying to throw backpacks.  Fixed it by attempting to eat food.  :)

Wait, this patch was the one that allowed us to carry backpacks in our hands?

Encountered this while trying to throw backpacks.  Fixed it by attempting to eat food.  :)

Wait, this patch was the one that allowed us to carry backpacks in our hands?

Yes sir, I think you can carry just about anything in your hands now.

Chaostica    143

This is a problem with a long history and some solutions work and some don't, here's a video of a method I know works to get unstuck if other's don't work for you

[video=youtube]

we RP'd it out the best we could.

By the looks of it, it sounds like doing another animation will fix this issue.

I am yet to encounter it myself, so I can't really say :P

JDoberman    44

You can fix it easily by doing a Emote, I did this once, laughed for 5 minutes, and even rp'd my unconsciousness, heheh.

Dr Willsky    153

Another easy way to fix this is by performing and emote/handsignal. Most of the time when this happens to me I press F2 multiple times and it fixes it without a problem

Melvin    84

Relogging is instant death. Believe me, I tried. I threw a cooking pot once. Horrible times.

Doing an emote or doing something that would change your character animation like eating or drinking will HOPEFULLY unstuck you.

OP, are you satisfied with the answer? :P

OP, are you satisfied with the answer? :P

Yes, Yes. The thread was more to help others as I could not find any info on this site or others to fix the problem.

Smau    8

Can anyone reminds me, for how long is DayZ in Alpha build?

Can anyone reminds me, for how long is DayZ in Alpha build?

The DayZ playerbase has to go for a week without asking; it's a hidden program requirement. Hence why it's taking so long.

Glad you figured it out. I'd be pretty pissed if that happened to me

Phatal    46

We had this issue today with someone we were talking to. All he had to do was vault in it broken him off the ground.

Also had the problem..

8AC013A2D313B24632E0E5388E7EC93BBA255F6F