Server time: 2017-08-19, 07:38

Sign in to follow this  
ParagonJenko

Allowing a person to RP on my account for YouTube

Question

I have been asked by my partner to be able to record her learning DayZ but she wants to play with roleplay as she doesn't find the KoS and the constant retrieving as being a fun thing to do. However, I am unsure if that would be acceptable by the staff. The aim is to teach her the rules of this server and get her to create a backstory and then teach her how to play DayZ and the mechanics.

She will not be playing on my account any other time apart from during these recording sessions.

- Jenko

7 answers to this question

As long as she follows the rules and whatnot, I'm not 100% sure if there is a problem with this. You are responsible for your account and what happens on it though.

But maybe play on public servers while she learns the mechanics of Dayz, and let her watch you play when you're on the RP servers.

VincentLake    2

I think i remember some member of the staff, informing me that this isn't allowed. But that was back when i first joined, so idk how it is now

I have made this same mistake in the past by giving my account to my brother to have because i thought that i was not coming back but i say this from getting points and doing this if you want to have your partner role play then she/he has to make his/hers account she can not role play of your account it is not allowed. Even if she knows the rules this still does not allow he to gain rights over you account she has to make her own. 

Hope this helped

Isn't that kind of backwards? I'm sorry but that just doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe get her the game and learn the basics of the game first on public.

And no I don't think that's allowed anyway

No, the only person who should be playing on your account is yourself, regardless of the reasoning behind it. If she wants to try out DayZ she can play on public hives or make her own forum and steam account.

With that, I'll mark this as /solved.

Brad    155

Just a side note if she does sign up on her own account and whitelists with DayzRP make sure to inform the staff team as you'll be sharing an IP and they'll need to know that.

Also DayzRP is not a great place for training. Best to have a handle on aspects of dayz before venturing forth.

(new to forums, sorry if /solved means forum closed or what not)

Hi! As all the others have said, its not allowed, but in personal opinion, i dont think she should learn DayZ through a whitelisted RP server (or non white listed) for multiple reasons, mostly i think you should teach her DayZ on public hives because thats the raw and true experience of DayZ, if she learns through an RP server like this one she will learn a completely different game to the original DayZ, One in which people follow strict initation rules and also one in which people expect experienced players! There are alot of things that could go wrong and lead to mishaps and accidents, like when surrendering because she is being robbed, pulling out a gun because they mixed up f2 and key 2, and in that situation, is the robber supposed to go easy on your girlfriend simply because shes new?

If you'd like to teach her DayZ without the full player confrontation, search for empty Public Hives, there are a great deal of them if you just click the 'Players' tab in the server browser, she can learn all of DayZ from those, including vehicles and loot spawns, and if she feels confident enough to not want to loot up outside of some form of confrontation, you could always join a PvE or a 'Friendly' server, which are not too strict with rules but have certain guidelines they ask their players to abide by (like only PVP in military areas, and to at least try to be friendly to other players)

Anywho! Good luck to both you and your girlfriend! I hope she enjoys DayZ as much as we all do :)