Server time: 2017-08-20, 21:16

Sign in to follow this  
Gilbert

Failed Application

Question

Gilbert    0

I have failed the application process 3 times now, the first two times were down to one question, i understood if only slightly where i went wrong, and then reapplied. But this time two questions had me stumped for reasonable lengths of time. Reading the rules did not help.

The questions i failed on were to do with cheating and metagaming. But the choice of answers was not representative of the information in the rules. 

I'm aware that hiding from hostiles is a form of bad rp and stifles interactions, but i can not seem to find anywhere that would state that this is 'cheating' or whether 'putting a tent underwater to conceal it' would be. All of the choices seemed slightly justifiable through the information given, but there was nothing concrete.

The same again with metagaming. If someone drops human steak on the floor and i identify that as human steak why is it metagaming? Surely there could be an argument that my character had come across human steak before so was able to identify it? 

I'm just curious if someone can shine the light on this for me so i understand fully before reapplying. 

There just always seems to be one question during the first stage that i just simply cannot comprehend, it's not to do with not reading the rules, or even the information not being there. I just genuinely read the question, look at the answers and have no clue. 

Thankyou in advance.

7 answers to this question

The same again with metagaming. If someone drops human steak on the floor and i identify that as human steak why is it metagaming? Surely there could be an argument that my character had come across human steak before so was able to identify it? 

I'm just curious if someone can shine the light on this for me so i understand fully before reapplying. 

There just always seems to be one question during the first stage that i just simply cannot comprehend, it's not to do with not reading the rules, or even the information not being there. I just genuinely read the question, look at the answers and have no clue. 

This i can answer. There has been so many different threads about human steak and if people know that it is human they should say something but in the rules it is meta gaming for so many different reasons why it is but that is the rules for you. I know where you are coming from and if your character is a doctor or something he/she should know what human skin/steak looks like but if the question asked you something to do with meta gaming then just read the rules on it i tell you now i have failed a couple of times with the same questions but in the end take your time and just look at the rules carefully and slowly because that what helped me.

I see that you have everyone has there own point of view on things and thats why we have off-topic threads and question threads so people can help you with them i feel like if you take sometime to look at some of the threads that are similar to yours and about the human steak you will find your answer and i hope that i helped out bit with the human steak question

Aiko    578

Good Afternoon or Morning!

What I would tell you is that for me its 100% if I read the question out loud and then read through the rules out loud as well. If all else fails you can always jump into TS and a CH will be more than willing to help you with your questions. Some of them are tricky I give you that, but the more you read them. The more they become clear. Good Luck with your applications. ^_^

Also to help you with the Human Meat question, there was a discussion about along with a poll found here. http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Human-meat?

Autumn    121

Just as a reminder, you do not have to go through the application process alone. Community Helpers are always there to assist you with any sort of understanding you might need getting in and navigating the community. In fact, every member of staff is here to help you and assist in discerning any questions you might have.

While we cannot tell you the correct answer to the question (Even if it was vaguely described to us). Providing screenshots or written text to a community helper will be paramount in their endevours to assist you.

As the two lovely people above have given you rather concrete answers, do you feel as though you understand the question more or less?

Gilbert    0

Thankyou for the quick and informative replies guys. Really appreciate the help, and will put all the information toward my next application. Hopefully i'll be RPing with you guys relatively soon.

Thankyou for the quick and informative replies guys. Really appreciate the help, and will put all the information toward my next application. Hopefully i'll be RPing with you guys relatively soon.

Do you feel like your question has been answered? if so pm a Ch or higher or post on this thread that you feel like your answer has been answered thank you.

GreekGodx    120

Cookie, Aiko, and Autumn have given you some good tips on how to handle your whitelist. If you ever need any more help regarding your whitelist you can either hop on Teamspeak or PM a Community Helper. We can help guide you along your application, but we cannot give you direct answers.

/solved