Server time: 2017-08-18, 12:54

Sign in to follow this  
AlphaSizLam

Alien Abduction?

AlphaSizLam    0

Is it possible to roleplay someone who had recently been picked up by aliens? 

Now, hear me out. 

In a world where a virus can raise the dead and literally wipe out the population of the planet in a matter of a few years, is there not the possibility of extra terrestrial life existing and abducting a survivor from one location and discarding them somewhere else? I mean, could aliens have abducted a person from Germany, for example, experimented on them and then dropped them off in Chernarus?

I've been thinking about this for some time now and it seems to me like it would be quite a fun piece of roleplay, the only question I do not have an answer to though is weather or not such roleplay would be allowed? 

Any input would be great (Y)

Uhhh... No.

But how is CLF supposed to get rid of all these illegal aliens then :(?

Uhhh... No.

What the big man says!  I'm sure there's an excellent sci-fi title out there with a roleplay community to indulge you, but DayZ and DayZRP follow the zombie apocalypse theme.  Just because we play in an environment with zombies doesn't mean we can just jump the shark whenever we want.  Sorry pal!

AlphaSizLam    0

Uhhh... No.

But why not though? It wouldn't be bashing the current lore and would be more of a backstory than anything else?

Castiel    1124

I think Rolle summed it up well. Your character can BELIEVE in things like aliens, but he certainly was not handpicked and placed in Chernarus by E.T and his buddies.

Was going to say noway, but you put a picture up so It's gotta be a yes from me.

Was going to say noway, but you put a picture up so It's gotta be a yes from me.

Yeah I think the picture gives the entire thread a nice Sci-Fi vibe. Go for it man.

Rolle    2447

Uhhh... No.

But why not though? It wouldn't be bashing the current lore and would be more of a backstory than anything else?

Because Sci-Fi additions like that do not fit the setting that we play in.

Ghoozovich    263

Same. It spooked me into agreeing.

+1 to the big man

nice pic tho

First the dating thread, now this. Interesting things these.... New players bring. But as Rolle said, E.T. activity don't belong in this setting.

Oliv    1548

I just see this leading to people playing as an alien and wanting to probe people.

We had a similar question about some one wanting to play as a ghost and that was also shut down.

AlphaSizLam    0

Uhhh... No.

Because Sci-Fi additions like that do not fit the setting that we play in.

We play in a ruined world setting. Anything should be possible. I mean, that is what RP is. Doesn't matter if it revolves around Dayz, things like this could bring an interesting twist onto the roleplay already going on at the moment. But if you say no, alright. I just think we need new angles to further everyone's RP experience on, instead of the usual meet, great and get robbed scenario. *JMO*

Admittedly, if you're playing a character who honestly believes he was abducted/molested by aliens... THAT I would love to encounter IC. Potentially a hilarious RP session right there if you do it right.

AlphaSizLam    0

Admittedly, if you're playing a character who honestly believes he was abducted/molested by aliens... THAT I would love to encounter IC. Potentially a hilarious RP session right there if you do it right.

That's what I'm saying man! People could play off the fact that the guy in front of them is completely nuts instead of recognising the existence of extra terrestrials. Win-win situation.

Simon    51

That's what I'm saying man! People could play off the fact that the guy in front of them is completely nuts instead of recognising the existence of extra terrestrials. Win-win situation.

To me I think playing a person who THINKS they were abducted by aliens is fine. 

When I was playing my Hobo character we had a whole thing going with vampires and ware-wolfs and such.  We firmly believed there was a vampire lady living in Stary.  We also sold people bullets blessed by a gypsies to take care of them. When people questioned us about it we did justify the existence of said mythical beings with the fact that zombies are now roaming the earth, trying to imply that anything could be possible.

I think overall if the RP is good and people enjoy it there is no problem going down that road. People seemed to enjoy the Hobos.

AlphaSizLam    0

To me I think playing a person who THINKS they were abducted by aliens is fine. 

When I was playing my Hobo character we had a whole thing going with vampires and ware-wolfs and such.  We firmly believed there was a vampire lady living in Stary.  We also sold people bullets blessed by a gypsies to take care of them. When people questioned us about it we did justify the existence of said mythical beings with the fact that zombies are now roaming the earth, trying to imply that anything could be possible.

I think overall if the RP is good and people enjoy it there is no problem going down that road. People seemed to enjoy the Hobos.

Nice man! That's the type of thing I'm trying to go for here. I think it would really be interesting.

I never got to know the Hobos, I joined too late. But from what I've heard you guys did a damn good job in improving everyone's RP experience. That's all I want to do.

Skittyz    1

To be honest I like the idea.

I think it would be a perfect idea for roleplay if done correctly, say like a person that heavily believes in conspiracy theories? Hell in some way it would fall into the category of insanity in my opinion.

Simon    51

Nice man! That's the type of thing I'm trying to go for here. I think it would really be interesting.

I never got to know the Hobos, I joined too late. But from what I've heard you guys did a damn good job in improving everyone's RP experience. That's all I want to do.

I would say that you have to cognizant of the people around you and the experience they are getting from your RP.  If you get any sense that they are not enjoying it or think you are trolling them it might be a good idea to back off a bit.  If you know who the other person/people you are RPing with OOC it may be a good idea to ask them after the RP has occurred what they thought just to get some feedback.

AlphaSizLam    0

I would say that you have to cognizant of the people around you and the experience they are getting from your RP.  If you get any sense that they are not enjoying it or think you are trolling them it might be a good idea to back off a bit.  If you know who the other person/people you are RPing with OOC it may be a good idea to ask them after the RP has occurred what they thought just to get some feedback.

Thank you for the advice man. I might try it out on my mates first, see what they think. I hope this goes well :D

RavioliKing    10

It's pretty simple what people are saying here. Go ahead and RolePlay a character who may believe  he/she was abducted by aliens, but there is no such thing as aliens in the DayZRP universe.

LOOL. I'll be the alien that picks you up ;) xxx