Server time: 2017-08-20, 15:36

Sign in to follow this  
fire805rescue

Application rejection

Question

Seriously?! I was forced to take an extended break, and focused on personal matters. I come back to find I am no longer whitelisted and have to reapply...no big deal whatever...but I was rejected for getting 2 questions wrong...again seriously?!?! I have donated to this community and tried to help in every way I could. To my Knowledge never had a single warning against me. And yet I can not get on the servers and my application was rejected over 2 questions????????????????????

22 answers to this question

Jamie    1181

Just because you donated doesn't mean you can bypass our whitelist. You have to achieve every question correctly, there is no exceptions.

having to rewhitelist is a bitch, had to do it too. Anyway, I have to rewhitelist and the whitelisting system is a million times easier than when we had to do it. So relax, read through the rules and just be careful. It's good to refresh your memory once in a while. It's better to get it wrong now than to get banned later on for a silly mistake

Chow    45

The same apply to you, as to others.

There is no difference, or bypassing the whitelist system.

/solved

Just because you donated doesn't mean you can bypass our whitelist. You have to achieve every question correctly, there is no exceptions.

I'm not expecting any special treatment, I am wondering why I have to go through all this again? I have been a member for 3 years and this is the first time I have ever had to reapply.

The same apply to you, as to others.

There is no difference, or bypassing the whitelist system.

/solved

Explain to me why after 3 years I have to reapply...never had to in the past?

Chow    45

I'm not expecting any special treatment, I am wondering why I have to go through all this again? I have been a member for 3 years and this is the first time I have ever had to reapply.

Come into the Helpdesk once your cooldown times is over, a CH could help you with your whitelist.

There have been several changes with the whitelist system, which have been announced.

Faliure to follow these announcments would result in having to re apply.

Rolle    2451

We changed the whitelist system in August 2015, all members had to re-whitelist using the new system.

We changed the whitelist system in August 2015, all members had to re-whitelist using the new system.

Thank you, guess I'll drink more coffee and finish another pc build to kill off the 4 hour cooldown.

Snuff    0

The whitelist system was a bit tricky, but I think it's well worth it. It takes time, which should deter most people not serious enough from applying. I just did mine, waiting for approval.

Ugh wtf....gotta wait again because of 1 QUESTION....some of these questions contradict rules....the one I missed this time was...when is it ok to kill a hostage...I clicked never...apparently I am wrong and so are the rules because I was under the impression when you take a hostage you have to do all you can to protect them and keep them alive...and upon release allow them to have enough supplies to stay alive...The questions on the test really should be looked over and reconsidered...not to mention failing because of 1 question? I get that you guys want the rules memorized but this is not the CIA and if I keep at this rate someone who has been around for years will end up banned

Ugh wtf....gotta wait again because of 1 QUESTION....some of these questions contradict rules....the one I missed this time was...when is it ok to kill a hostage...I clicked never...apparently I am wrong and so are the rules because I was under the impression when you take a hostage you have to do all you can to protect them and keep them alive...and upon release allow them to have enough supplies to stay alive...The questions on the test really should be looked over and reconsidered...not to mention failing because of 1 question? I get that you guys want the rules memorized but this is not the CIA and if I keep at this rate someone who has been around for years will end up banned

Yep, you are wrong. I mean if you really had read the rules and I mean everything you would have seen that there are certain circumstances when you are allowed to kill a hostage.

Either way, to whitelist you need to have all questions answered correctly. Whether you think that's fair or not does not change anything about that fact.

So next time when you do the whitelist, open a tab with the rules next to it, so that you can look for the answer before clicking. Still confused? Ask a CH on TS to help out.

But whatever you do, do not mindlessy click on an answer because you think you know the answer. You only click on an answer when you are sure of it.

Good luck.

Yep, you are wrong. I mean if you really had read the rules and I mean everything you would have seen that there are certain circumstances when you are allowed to kill a hostage.

Either way, to whitelist you need to have all questions answered correctly. Whether you think that's fair or not does not change anything about that fact.

So next time when you do the whitelist, open a tab with the rules next to it, so that you can look for the answer before clicking. Still confused? Ask a CH on TS to help out.

But whatever you do, do not mindlessy click on an answer because you think you know the answer. You only click on an answer when you are sure of it.

Good luck.

Well if you want to get technical then one could argue refusing to comply to hostage takers demands bad rp...also if the hostage poses a threat then they are no longer hostages, they become combatants. but I won't go into technicalities. Side note just because I'm an ass...having the rules page open and the test open is, in a sense, cheating which is also against the rules...just sayin...lol

That's what the Staff team is for, they are more than happy to help you if you have problems, go to the helpdesk and ask.

You aren't using the resources that are at your fingertips. You can literally do your whitelist questions with a CH+ in the Help Desk on teamspeak, and they'll help you every step of the way. They won't answer it for you, of course, but they will happily explain, and show you where to find the right answer. Yes, it's hard. Yes, some questions are worded to trick you. Take the free help though.

I'm in the desk right now, come in, and I'll help you.

I mean, there's a bit of ambiguity in the questions but I suppose that's for a reason. It really forces you to get acquainted with the rules to the point where you can pass the whitelist, get on the server and fit right in without being disruptive or getting into bother. It's OK to fail the whitelist process a couple of times if it means really nailing your understanding of the rules.

Just hang in there man. Take your time, read everything over carefully and do your best. There's always community helpers to turn to as well.

Good luck man. Hope you get your whitelist squared away so we can see you in-game soon!

Several cups of coffee and a pack of cigarettes later... 3rd is a charm so they say...now to wait for acceptance.

Several cups of coffee and a pack of cigarettes later... 3rd is a charm so they say...now to wait for acceptance.

Awesome! I'm sure you'll have no problems from here.  :)

Looking forward to seeing you in-game soon!

lossanmu    1

i got rejected for my story do i haft to make a new one or just fix the mistake?

i got rejected for my story do i haft to make a new one or just fix the mistake?

You will have to redo the whitelist and rewrite one there.

lossanmu    1

well thats bs! i have a hard time writing and i got rejected becouse i said chernarus is in russia well. waiting was fun!

well thats bs! i have a hard time writing and i got rejected becouse i said chernarus is in russia well. waiting was fun!

If you need a hand with it, you can always ask a CH or another staff member to help you.

lossanmu    1

If you need a hand with it, you can always ask a CH or another staff member to help you.

no thanks! but i don't get it what does it matter if i got my story mixed up with russia i mean i was like 10 words about it! im not mad becouse i got rejected mad becouse i haft to make a new one becouse it dosent only take time from me also the admins. at least just let me fix the text like puting in 20 more words. don't want to start a war so i better stop typing.

Terra    1372

no thanks! but i don't get it what does it matter if i got my story mixed up with russia i mean i was like 10 words about it! im not mad becouse i got rejected mad becouse i haft to make a new one becouse it dosent only take time from me also the admins. at least just let me fix the text like puting in 20 more words. don't want to start a war so i better stop typing.

No war needed or wanted.

Read the lore like we tell everyone to do and if you want to, apply again. Everyone has to know the lore, that includes to know that Chernarus is not Russia.

Good luck