Server time: 2017-08-20, 04:16

Sign in to follow this  

Some change to bans.

Wipe characters on Bans?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Wipe characters on Bans?

So, I have a request or something like that.

Now that there are a bunch of reports on KOS or RDM, which usually will lead to gear. I believe that some of the people KOS'ing are doing it deliberately for the gear which is hard to get.

So here's what I suggest, that we clean a persons gear on verdict of KOS/RDM. Say a new player sees a person with an M4 on the coast, runs up and shoots him twice in the face with a revolver he found. Then he's fully geared and is only banned for 3 days, he will return with gear once his ban is up.

Rolle    2450

We had character resets as a part of standard punishment during DayZRP Mod. That wiped the entire character and after your ban was over you spawned as a Bambi on the beach. It was a really nice gear sink, prevented inflation of high-end gear tremendously. But back then we had access to the database.

In Standalone we cannot do that and cleaning someones inventory is not possible from what I know - even when done manually some items just cannot be deleted.

Is that even a possible thing to do?

I would say yes if it lowers the insane amount of Gear focused Rp. Im just wondering if admins actually have that tool in Dayz Standalone to reset someone's character.

Pretty much what Rolle said, there is nothing shy of a perma ban that could fix that due to the lack of access to the database, once the Dev Team grant Rolle that life will get easier and people will get the appropriate funishments.

We had character resets as a part of standard punishment during DayZRP Mod. That wiped the entire character and after your ban was over you spawned as a Bambi on the beach. It was a really nice gear sink, prevented inflation of high-end gear tremendously. But back then we had access to the database.

In Standalone we cannot do that and cleaning someones inventory is not possible from what I know - even when done manually some items just cannot be deleted.

So its not possible?

Rolle    2450

So its not possible?

No. We'd do it already if it was possible ;)

Oliv    1552

I like the suggestion, but not possible to enforce. There may also be times where some one is killed and no gear is taken at all. Still, at times I could see this being of value.