Server time: 2017-10-17, 20:35
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
JaakkoSoini

Can I call the infected zombies?

Question

JaakkoSoini    0

So I was wondering If it's lore friendly to call the infected "zombies"? I'm currently writing by character's backstory and I don't know what to call them. Thanks!

9 answers to this question

Pussy    377

/moved to Questions.

I always encourage people to try and think of clever names to call things based on what their character is like! For example, my one character Poppy Reynolds is a vegetarian, and therefore she calls zombies "carnivores" because they eat meat --mind you it may be human meat. 

This being said, there's nothing wrong with using the term "zombies" if that's what you're comfortable with for the time being.

JaakkoSoini    0

Yes you can, we are not living in the same universe as The Walking Dead.

Just making sure. Thanks! :)

jason hunter    61

Yes you can, we are not living in the same universe as The Walking Dead.

Just making sure. Thanks! :)

that would be No Problem.

Masulii    25

Like it has been said already on this thread, it is not immersion breaking to refer to the infected as zombies. Of course, there are many ways to actually call them (for example, Kattica's way) or like my character calls them "The Crazy ones".

According to your reply, I see that you are satisfied with the replies provided and will mark this as /solved

Felli    65

You can call them almost whatever you want really. The most common term I've heard is zombies, walking dead and infected. With almost 75% of all the people I meet calling them infected.

Cow    0

Runners, Husks, Deads, Infected, Peckish Wankers Trying To Fucking Eat Me and pretty much any colorful phrase you'd use for people who generally annoy you but as the other said, be creative and have fun with it.

Tewudin    44

Yes, you can call them however you want. I've heard a lot of names for them but the ones I'm using as my character are bitters, infected or walkers. Occasionally I'm calling them roamers but that depends on what will come to my mind first. Though I've yet to call them "zombies" but I'm sure it's okay to call tham that. Of course a lot of people before me already said that.