Server time: 2017-08-19, 09:36

Sign in to follow this  

Hidden TS rooms for groups

One "hidden" TS room per group?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. One "hidden" TS room per group?

Alright, so bare with me. You know how staff has the 2 rooms: Presidential Palace and Meeting Room. What makes those 2 different is that you can not see who is inside.

Now my suggestion is to have one "hidden" TS room per official group. But "why for?" you might ask.

You guys remember how there has always been the talk regarding TS metagaming and how people look into TS to see the other group's numbers. IF you don't then let me give you a simple example. Group A wants to initiate on a member of group B. They don't know if there are others from B around so they alt tab and check their TS. Depending on B's numbers they may or may not initiate. And this is only an example, as this can happen in many other situations.

With this addition, people that are in those "hidden" rooms can not be seen by others and therefor making metagaming impossible. However, there is one problem with this. If you want to poke someone that is in one of those rooms, then it gets trickier. I only know of one method and that is to search for their name in chat with Ctrl + F and poke them that way. Only problem is that if they joined the room before you joined the server then you won't be able to find them.

There might be other methods that I am not aware of tho.

Zero    277

Alright, so bare with me. You know how staff has the 2 rooms: Presidential Palace and Meeting Room. What makes those 2 different is that you can not see who is inside.

Now my suggestion is to have one "hidden" TS room per official group. But "why for?" you might ask.

You guys remember how there has always been the talk regarding TS metagaming and how people look into TS to see the other group's numbers. IF you don't then let me give you a simple example. Group A wants to initiate on a member of group B. They don't know if there are others from B around so they alt tab and check their TS. Depending on B's numbers they may or may not initiate. And this is only an example, as this can happen in many other situations.

With this addition, people that are in those "hidden" rooms can not be seen by others and therefor making metagaming impossible. However, there is one problem with this. If you want to poke someone that is in one of those rooms, then it gets trickier. I only know of one method and that is to search for their name in chat with Ctrl + F and poke them that way. Only problem is that if they joined the room before you joined the server then you won't be able to find them.

There might be other methods that I am not aware of tho.

I usually don't agree with these ideas, but give this man a medal. +9,001 for this idea.

Marcunt    218

+1 It's way too easy to cheese it using TS.

Rolle    2450

Or we could switch to Discord ;)

I'm not against the idea, but I have my doubts if it will achieve anything or give us any tangible positive results.

we should tbh

We've been discussing this for a while now since we had our IC channel hidden for a short time before, but thanks Andrey for actually making a thread about it. I don't think every channel should be hidden though, just the IC channel that the group chooses.

We've been discussing this for a while now since we had our IC channel hidden for a short time before, but thanks Andrey for actually making a thread about it. I don't think every channel should be hidden though, just the IC channel that the group chooses.

Yeah I agree. Just like I stated one hidden room/group should be enough.

PatZ    386

thats a good idea. +1

Ghoozovich    263

Yeah, the poking and communication with players in other groups or channels might be a bit difficult and will take some getting used to. However, I like this idea. Could be good, +1.

If anything, we can always go up to a Public room and ask/wait for our buddies to meet us there.

I'm not against the idea, but I have my doubts if it will achieve anything or give us any tangible positive results.

Maybe a week trial? Get some results and make a better decision? be it yes or no.

Maybe a week trial? Get some results and make a better decision? be it yes or no.

+1 to this

Please don't get rolle talking about discord again... I actually like this idea though. Plus one.

Please don't get rolle talking about discord again... I actually like this idea though. Plus one.

You can't tell me what to do!

Unknown Entity    126

I'd +1 this. Every group could get an IC channel that is hidden. Good suggestion AndreyQ

+1, trial would be a great idea !

Rose    141

Definitely +1 on this, I've seen people metagame from TS way too often in other communities so i have no doubts that it happens here as well.

on a side note please no discord, i remember trying to set one up before and it was so hard to get everyone in and get it working properly.

Phoenix    1048

we should tbh

I'd rather not :/

I like it ! +1

Hmm. I mean, I don't think this is going to solve any urgent issues, but we could give it a try? Can't imagine it's something that will take up too much of the staff's time. :)

Melvin    84

The only thing that worries me is how will we communicate with them if they are in game?

The only thing that worries me is how will we communicate with them if they are in game?

Already mentioned in the thread. A bit problematic but not impossible.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    750

What's wrong with discord though?