Server time: 2017-08-17, 03:54

Sign in to follow this  

Serious question for all you terrible players

Why has dayzrp now become filled with people who just want to rob for gear? The game is now as easy as it has ever been to get any gear you want so why are so many people running around holding people up? I have seen reports of people with 2 guns already robbing people for their gun.. Seriously?

I mean if you're that bad at getting gear maybe read up on some tutorials or check out youtube but please remember dayzrp does not stand for dayz 'rob people'

looking at the reports I really believe Its getting pathetic now and I just want to ask how can you people be so bad at a game when you have hundreds of hours into it? I could spawn at the coast and be fully geared with an m4 within 2 hours.

Whats going on?

theh5    6

Due to the great influx of new players, brought on by the .60 release and returning streamers. They aren't used to the .60 mechanics and spawn raters and belive that the best way to acquire good gear is to steal.

Whats going on?

What's going on? We've had a huge increase in players over the past couple of days. We have four servers and they get to full capacity at peak times. Of course there are going to be reports and more rulebreaks, there are more people, especially new ones. We had two full servers (very rarely, usually around 50 players in one and 30 in another) and around five reports before this wave, and now we have four full servers (with sixty players instead of fifty, bringing a total of 240 players online during peak times). The increase in reports is fairly proportionate to activity on the server. 

Plus, people like to rob. It's fun.

Whats going on?

What's going on? We've had a huge increase in players over the past couple of days. We have four servers and they get to full capacity at peak times. Of course there are going to be reports and more rulebreaks, there are more people, especially new ones. We had two full servers (very rarely, usually around 50 players in one and 30 in another) and around five reports before this wave, and now we have four full servers (with sixty players instead of fifty, bringing a total of 240 players online during peak times). The increase in reports is fairly proportionate to activity on the server. 

I meant whats going on in general? As in people robbing all the time when loot is everywhere! I appreciate people have different play styles but it just seems to be so common I just don't want to think that this is all dayzrp now represents.

Thats a harsh and rude title.

Here's whats happening, you're definitely being a bit mad about getting robbed or losing your gear one way or another. Robberies can create some of the greatest RP you will ever have on DayzRP. Dayz RP is here for the Roleplay and not here so you can keep your guns, though I had a great laugh at dayzrobpeople.

Now, I recommend you check out the guide on "How to not get robbed", It might be helpful in your case if you can get and M4 within 2 hours of spawning on the coast.

evilside    1

Whats going on?

I meant whats going on in general? As in people robbing all the time when loot is everywhere! I appreciate people have different play styles but it just seems to be so common I just don't want to think that this is all dayzrp now represents.

loot is everywhere? shit i spent about 6 hours looking for a ak74 mag and didnt find one went to almost all mill bases tbh i kind of like the risk of being robbed more exciting

Yay another thread about the amount  reports .I thought we decided this needed to die?

People like to rob people, I mean it's fun. If you don't wanna get robbed I'd recommend joining a group and getting some numbers under  your belt.

Maybe people like to roleplay as a bandit..? Try to play the game like you're actually going through an apocalypse and be more aware of your surroundings so you can avoid getting robbed. Let me remind you its an apocalypse wasteland and not everyone is your friend who you can share stories with and farm zucchini's together.

You know what's bad RP? When people act like its a safe world out there and zombies are the only threat. This is not a campfire roleplay simulation game, this is DayzRP.

This admittedly I do agree with. I get robbed... alot.. usually a few times a day (Three yesterday in about.. four hours online?)

Some of my best roleplay though has come from those robberies. Folks like the Clowns and Diamonds rather creative torture roleplay, or some guys I met yesterday who robbed me, realized I'm just a wandering medic; and actually Apologized for holding me up!

I think the robbery people have issue with.. is the ones purely for gear. In most robberies I lose some food, drinks, chest rig, gun and ammo if it's better than my robbers (Most of which most people have learned I give out to passers by anyway xD)

But when someone holds you up; strips you of even your clothing and tells you to fuck off out of the area/town? even if all their gears vastly superior? THOSE robberies annoy people.. and sadly they're happening alot more lately rather than the good and enjoyable "Oi, hand over what I NEED and you'll be just fine" types

I think the robbery people have issue with.. is the ones purely for gear. In most robberies I lose some food, drinks, chest rig, gun and ammo if it's better than my robbers (Most of which most people have learned I give out to passers by anyway xD)

But when someone holds you up; strips you of even your clothing and tells you to fuck off out of the area/town? even if all their gears vastly superior? THOSE robberies annoy people.. and sadly they're happening alot more lately rather than the good and enjoyable "Oi, hand over what I NEED and you'll be just fine" types

Maybe I'll make a video guide like.. How to rob people guide on DayzRP, what to do/ what not to do etc. What do you think? I am pretty experienced as bandit lol.

Maybe I'll make a video guide like.. How to rob people guide on DayzRP, what to do/ what not to do etc. What do you think? I am pretty experienced as bandit lol.

Same, used to do alot of it back in the old mod days. A general rule of thumb I always stuck to, and respect other bandits for using?

Rob people, by all means; it's roleplay and can be insanely fun, but think about what you need over what you want. If you need food and drink? take some but don't take it all. need some of their kit like the chest rig? then take it. But do not strip a player to spawn level guys.. It's a Role Play Server, and also a Game in which we want to have fun. If you aren't going to take it, don't make them drop it.

Jerry    15

In an actual apocalypse, there'd be a tonne of bandits. So make the most out of the good guys you find.

I like robbers who rob you while providing good RP. I got nothing against just robbing for the sake of gear as long as you make it an enjoyable experience. Wish you would bump into people who know to do this. Not just initiate - take gear - leave some supplies - disappear. And that ordeal takes 5-10 minutes. I'm talking about hostilities that last for an hour meanwhile being very exciting and quality RP at the same time.

I have never been robbed and I never will be. If anybody attempts to rob me expect to die.

I guess my point was mainly aimed at the people who rob for gear when they already have a sh*t ton of it. I take all your comments on board about role playing and how its supposed to be a scary apocalypse kind of feel but when people already have everything they need why want more?

Also I think it has a lot to do with people wanting to stroke their ego when they are with 4/5 guys and they KNOW they have the upper hand. I may congratulate somebody if they manage to rob 3 people on their own...

Am i the only person who likes to be robbed? As long as it's not a 10 second robbery and they provide me with some good RP, i couldn't care less what i lose.

I have never been robbed and I never will be. If anybody attempts to rob me expect to die.

That's hardly the attitude my friend. I actually comply most of the time just to get some RP, you should be seeking Rp you shouldn't be shooting everyone who attempts to rob you. Some people actually provide RP in robbers it's a shame you have not witnessed that yet.

Wow wow wow ,

hold up salty mc salt pants , calling people who rob `terrible` is pointless, with out them it would be a running simulator or a slightly better looking club penguin , they bring fear and excitment into the game.

Gear is gear , it is annoying when people take your nice things but its not the end of the world

you can get some great hostile RP from people who rob you ,

I am getting a little annoyed by these kinds of threads

Jake

PatZ    386

Am i the only person who likes to be robbed? As long as it's not a 10 second robbery and they provide me with some good RP, i couldn't care less what i lose.

Not when you get handcuffed, robbed and receive no RP at all. 

A lot of the newer players or "Whitenames" if you want to, most of the time dont see the sense in an RP server. They will rob you and dont give you proper RP, taking your shit and leave you be. 

Im not the one who likes to open reports, but that sucks.

Marcunt    218

I guess my point was mainly aimed at the people who rob for gear when they already have a sh*t ton of it. I take all your comments on board about role playing and how its supposed to be a scary apocalypse kind of feel but when people already have everything they need why want more?

Also I think it has a lot to do with people wanting to stroke their ego when they are with 4/5 guys and they KNOW they have the upper hand. I may congratulate somebody if they manage to rob 3 people on their own...

You know, shooting them just because they attempt a robbery is the most ignorant thing you can do. You are avoiding the RP they may provide and yes a lot of players do provide good RP when they initiate, you just need to open your eyes.

I can agree however that seeing four or five fully decked out guys approaching you, soon to rob you for absolutely nothing that they need can be annoying and makes no sense. A lot of those people might be new and came here after seeing initiations on youtube from certain people, they just wanna be the same. (AKA bad roleplayers) The only initiations I find logical if you have everything you need are those where you aim to capture enemies. No need to take anything, just provide RP and maybe a nice lil' execution here and there, eh? ;)

Felli    65

Perhaps a lot of returning and new players aren't that used to the rules we have here. If you feel like they put gear over RP you can always file a report.

Unknown Entity    126

So you're basically bitching about something that has never happened too you? This makes 0 sense, and to be honest you're coming off as a dick who doesn't know anything. You're basing yourself on the reports, I'm sure way more robberies went down then the ones in the Reports section, and you can't see those can you? You can't see the 10 amazing robbery situations because people don't report them. Simple.

Be a bit more open minded and you might enjoy your potential robbery situation. OH WAIT, all bandits are terrible players, you'll gun them down instead of giving it a try!

You might want to change your perspective about things a bit, and not judge things only on a report sections. You'd be amazed by the amazing hostile RP you can get on this server if you give it a try. Otherwise: don't use anything someone would want to rob you for and go hide up north in the middle of nowhere around a fire.

Volke    132

Wow Burt, I'm honestly surprised to see a thread like this coming up from you man, I don't really understand what you plan on getting at.

The title alone is a very biased and ignorant comment, if you don't play a bandit how can you call bandits "terrible players?" Another thing is robberies are apart of RP, without them this server would become a PVE server. Here's another thing in regards to finding and getting gear: In the eyes of some people - Sure I could find my own M4, AK74, w/e - but if you have one right there, it's probably easier to hold you up and take what's mine. Regardless of the reasons to rob: as long as the RP is good, isn't that what matters..? But clearly all robbers are just trying to stroke their internet ego and have no interest in providing a quality experience.

You can continue to NVFL and never comply as many people do in all situations: but don't be surprised if a NVFL report pops up. If your not going to give bandits the chance to provide you with roleplay, than how can you judge them as terrible players?

Melvin    84

Come on man, we were all pumped about how many new guys we are getting in our community and then threads like these popped up? Give them a chance, nobody gets good to such a strict ruleset in a month. That's why there are banstrikes, not instant bans.

Chill off and let them grow. Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day.

RavioliKing    10

They're just new. I can't say that I personally robbed everyone when I first joined, but I did go down the 'untouchable super soldier route' and such. It just takes people time to learn, and people that are here in hopes of meeting Psi and other popular Streamers will die out eventually, they'll get bored of getting banned all the time, happened last time. Just give it a few weeks and things will get better! :)

Oldman    22

Wait so let me get this straight. If you have a gun you don't need to rob someone, because you have a gun, but don't you need a gun in order to rob someone???? How about you can rob who you want and wen you want as long as you do it legit.