Server time: 2017-08-19, 01:39

Sign in to follow this  

Can't Wait

I'm new a newbie round here, waiting for my whitelist still. Anyone got any tips for me for when I'm in game roleplaying reality away? Any tips on gearing up? What groups to be wary of? What groups to keep an eye out for? Anything like that? Thanks and I can't wait to begin playing with the community. Y'all seem like safe people. :)

Rocco    34

Us white names are not welcome beware. Lol jk but just play and find out all the cool things going on in this rp community.

Dishes    159

Heyyy welcome to the community! <3

You can look at the FAQ and Newcomer Guide for some great tips to help get you started!

Also, you can speak to any Community Helper to explain any questions you have through a private message or the "questions" section of the forums. A nice little list of these awesome people can be found HERE.

You can also use the Teamspeak's Help Desk to talk to someone in staff if you would like to actually talk to someone. You can find the link to our Teamspeak under the "community" tab.

Hope you have a great time here, and see ya out there! <3

The newcomer guide that Dishes linked is a great place to start! Welcome, hope you have a great time here. :)

Castiel    1124

Wrong section but I'm sure a Staff member will fix that for you!

Welcome Jamal, enjoy your stay. :)

Thanks everyone for the links and Castiel, this isn't my introduction, I just had general questions I wanted to ask. So I posted in the General Discussions.

Hey Anthony, and welcome to DayZRP.

First off, the answer to every question besides your first would be to find that information out ingame. For a start, you wouldn't be able to use whatever information we'd give you here in-character, and it's also a lot more fun to find it out whilst roleplaying.

A big way to help your roleplaying is to ensure you have a detailed, realistic and interesting character. The Loremaster's Character Development Guide is a great asset to use when aiming to improve your character, it contains a load of tips and information on that subject. Another tip is to separate you from your character, make sure that you're not just playing as yourself.

If you need any more help, feel free to contact a community helper on teamspeak, or through a private message.

Ah, right my bad. Rookie mistake, aha. I'll be sure to keep my character separate from me from now. Thanks. :)

Ah, right my bad. Rookie mistake, aha. I'll be sure to keep my character separate from me from now. Thanks. :)

Not to say that you can't play a character with a similar mindset to yourself, rather that you act how your character would.

For example, a Chernarussian soldier and veteran of the Civil War would not likely be buddies with a member of the Chedaki, who he would've fought in the conflict.

Or if you're playing a younger character (a child or maybe a teenager), you mightn't know how to fire a gun, or you might act scared, etc.

Often people have a character who should act a certain way, but go against that for out-of-character reasons - which is what I meant - so my apologies for the confusion.

Not to say that you can't play a character with a similar mindset to yourself, rather that you act how your character would.

For example, a Chernarussian soldier and veteran of the Civil War would not likely be buddies with a member of the Chedaki, who he would've fought in the conflict.

Or if you're playing a younger character (a child or maybe a teenager), you mightn't know how to fire a gun, or you might act scared, etc.

Often people have a character who should act a certain way, but go against that for out-of-character reasons - which is what I meant - so my apologies for the confusion.

Ah right. No problem, thanks for the advice. :)

Enjoy your time here pal , :)

Jake

Beni    680

Welcome to the community!

my advise from previous experiences, do not just rob someone straight away, take your time to learn about the groups around DayZRP and stuff, theres nothing worse than robbing someone who's very well connected then having people such as the Zbor or The Masquerade  on you're tail haha. Take you're time to talk to people and just learn and build up in game knowledge and also knowledge of the rules. It's better to know what you're doing 100% then having a faint idea about what you're doing then getting into trouble!

Good luck pal!