Server time: 2017-10-22, 23:01
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Jetwells

Suggestion for Addition to Whitelist

Jetwells    0

I have made a thread like this before. But with the new recent influx of members joining the community, which is only a good thing, I have come across alot of new role-players on the server. And something that is constantly popping up, is that Chernarus is an Island. To me, this just leads to some awkward RP where you have to tell the person it's not an island. And then having to explain more lore things to them IC. To me, this is a big breaker in immersion and makes me want to just turn around and walk away from said person.

So, My suggestion.

If not already in the whitelist, Could their be an addition of some form of question about the location of chernarus and wether it is an island or not. What countries it borders ect. Other than that, the RP can be improved IG as everyone is new at some point to RP. But to me, this is a major gamechanger. 

What do other people think?

How do you feel about people who mention Chernarus as an Island?

Do you think its immersion breaking?

How do you respond to these types of people?

It's happened times before with new players, but yesterday alone, I came across 5 separate people who all thought chernarus was an Island. And possibly also to add a question about the outbreak start date and how long since the beginning. I have had people say they have been here for 3 years since it started and similar.

What are peoples views on this?

Felli    65

I agree with you, Jet. I don't know where people have gotten this "Chernarus is an island" thing from. I think it would be a great idea to have that question in the whitelist along with a question about neighbouring countries.

Unknown Entity    126

+1. The lore is a very important part of the whitelisting process, including history / location / the fact that this isn't Russia.

How do you feel about people who mention Chernarus as an Island?

They obviously didn't read the lore enough.

Do you think its immersion breaking?

Yes.

How do you respond to these types of people?

Lot's of people try to call these people out ICly, because obvious whitename who doesn't know the lore. That's not the right way to go about it.

To deal with it I either ask them if they're mentally retarded, and depending on the situation just continue down that path and send them a nice PM later on, otherwise I blatantly go OOC to tell them, either ways I do my best for them to read the actual lore. I always try to play around something ICly to get them to understand it is not.