Server time: 2017-08-17, 03:56

Sign in to follow this  
Herico

Message to Jim Recker (OPEN FREQUENCY)

Herico    28

*Adrian throws down his pack, pulls out his diary and looks for a name. He finds it, then puts his radio up to his mouth*

Yeah, um, calling a.. Jim Ricker? Recker? 

*He pauses, trying to read the blotched paper*

Yeah anyway, name doesn't really matter. You robbed one of our people without any contact from either of our groups. Like, I don't even know who the fuck you are, but you're not just some common bandito, you specifically told this member your affiliation and name. 

*He pauses*

So, what do you want? 

This isn't us like, bending over, or anything. Not looking to pay a bitch tax. Just curious. 

*Adrian sighs and throws his radio beside him, before he puts his head on his pack and tries to fall asleep*

Otter    103

Jim turns on his radio just in time to catch the transmission. He presses his PTT in response.

"Yo pal. Good to hear back from y'all. I wasn't sure Kylo would pass on the message."

You would hear the strike of a match and the light burning of a cigarette through the microphone. The man takes a drag then continues.

"I though about a few paths we could go down. I'm in the business accomplishing goals. People want to do things with their lives and I work to make it happen. To do that, we need food, weapons, ammunition, medical supplies, etc."

He takes about thirty seconds to smoke before continueing.

"I'm not sure whether I should track y'all down over and over and just take what you collect until you stop collecting it or I am forced to kill you all. Or If I should employ you in a limited capacity to help me out. I'm on the fence here pal. Why don't you introduce yourself and we can discuss this."

Jim snuffs out his cigarette and sits back to relax in his chair. 

Herico    28

*Adrian opens his eyes and listens to the reply, before getting up and speaking into the radio*

Well, Mr. Recker.

I can't speak for all of the lovely men and women of our fine establishment, so let me put your proposal forward, and we will get back to you at the earliest time possible.

*He sighs and gets up to pack up his bag*

Stradic    252

Jim turns on his radio just in time to catch the transmission. He presses his PTT in response.

"Yo pal. Good to hear back from y'all. I wasn't sure Kylo would pass on the message."

You would hear the strike of a match and the light burning of a cigarette through the microphone. The man takes a drag then continues.

"I though about a few paths we could go down. I'm in the business accomplishing goals. People want to do things with their lives and I work to make it happen. To do that, we need food, weapons, ammunition, medical supplies, etc."

He takes about thirty seconds to smoke before continueing.

"I'm not sure whether I should track y'all down over and over and just take what you collect until you stop collecting it or I am forced to kill you all. Or If I should employ you in a limited capacity to help me out. I'm on the fence here pal. Why don't you introduce yourself and we can discuss this."

Jim snuffs out his cigarette and sits back to relax in his chair. 

Stradic would continue looking over the map circling areas of interest when he would hear the broadcast Adrian sent out. He picked up his radio and pushed down on the transmit button...

Its Jim right? I am going to be upfront here mate and say I don't appreciate having people go around pointing guns at us or making threats over the radio ... kind of a cliché nowadays don't you think?

Stradic would pause for a moment before carrying on.

I'm not quite sure of what exactly

Alex    451

*Alex picks up his radio quietly*

"I'd recommend... Not doing that, Mr. Jim."

*He puts his radio down again*

Otter    103

Jim hears an unfamiliar voice over the radio while seething about the idiot who crashed his boat. He responds.

"Oh? What wouldn't be a good idea? Maybe you will be a little more courteous than the man from the Roamers and introduce yourself. Maybe explain why you are intruding on a conversation that as far as I know, doesn't concern you."

Jim puts down his radio and sits back down, nursing his wounded hand.

Alex    451

*Alex picks his radio up, grinning*

"Since when am I not with the Roamers? You do not know this. Perhaps you've been mistaken, Recker."

*He awaits a response.*

Otter    103

Jim responds to the man.

"Well... Since this is going nowhere quick I'm gonna go now. Maybe if Stradic contacts me I will listen to whatever anyone was to say. Otherwise I'll just target the roamers as easy prey when I can. I have no clue who the fuck you are by the way, you neglected to introduce yourself. For all I know you are some asshole with a radio and too much time on his hands who chimes in on conversation that don't concern him. Have a good one pal."

Jim puts down his radio and settles into his bedroll.

Alex    451

*Alex picks up his radio to the familiar voice*

"Finnr!?"

*He returns to respond one last time to the man*

"Well, Jim. I'll introduce myself in time. You can take your warning and leave the Roamers alone. If not, well, Good. Luck."

*He puts his radio down*

Otter    103

Jim responds.

"Anytime Alex, but considering you aren't the person I care to talk to, go fuck yourself."

Jim settles into his bedroll and begins to nod off thinking of the idiots on the radio who think they are so slick.

RedSky    122

-Finnr clicks on the radio with a slightly annoyed tone-

Hmm, People still haven't gotten a couple of manners. Well doesn't matter the story is still the same.

Mr. Jim you sound like an intresting man to do some complicated things with, are you certain you will fight people who will fight back? Give it a day of tought and if you decide it is intresting enough we can have a bit of a talk about how much you will pay me for the knowledge about them hmm?

-Finnr clicks off the radio again-

Alex    451

*Alex picks up his radio*

"Finnr... Don't do it. Don't play it this way."

*He holds his radio close to his mouth, feeling something off.*

RedSky    122

-Finnr clicks on the radio with a confident voice-

Alex, It aint nothing personal.

It's been to long since I've made an honest profit for myself, and I am running low on a couple of my supplies. You know how much I use them.

I'm just giving the coin to whoever pays the most.

-Finnr clicks off the radio-

Otter    103

Jim wakes up after finding himself dozing off. He responds to the radio messages that he heard whilst dozing.

"Mr Finnr I presume? I may end up using your services but I most likely will not. These "Roamers" were given an offer they have yet to reject. And even if they reject it, it's not like I am going to declare a war on them or something stupid like that. I will just take them every opportunity I can get. They carry a lot of good shit on them. Their boy Kylo? The fuck kind of name is Kylo. He told me that they trade goods all the time, he informed me of a stash they had, which no doubt is a dummy stash for exactly that occasion, and he told me they are planning to set up a settlement. Depending on your costs Mr. Finnr, I may barter with you."

Jim starts to doze once more, slapping at mosquitoes every so often.

RedSky    122

-Finnr clicks on the radio-

*Sigh can be heard*

You seem to be choosing targets without any information regarding them, The Roamers are like a burning boat in the middle of a big ocean. A big pacifistic target easy for the grabs. They dont fight themselves, like you may or may not know.

That's why they have "protection". Big loud guard dogs would be a better description. Mister Alex is one of these Guard dogs.

You take their supplies everytime you meet them? They will start coming for you to take them back.

Your declaration over the radio is more than enough to fuel a war and you are just like the Roamers death in the water. No names, Faces, Location or even a way of indentifying them.

For a generous offer I would be more than happy to spill all of that.

After all these guard dogs used to protect me in return for all of the "juicy" intel I know.

wether or not you want this is up to you.

But just one tiny thing Mr. Jim I dont barter about my offers they are a fixed price after all.

Herico    28

*Adrian hears the voice of the man come over the radio*

Yep, cheers, thanks Finnr. You can fuck off now.

*Adrian puts down his radio*

RedSky    122

-snip-

-Finnr annoyed at the manners of the man clicks on the radio-

That aint very nice, have some manners or your attitude will be forcing me to give em a discount.

I remember finding the Roamer stash a couple of times.

Was at the Northren Berezhki Summer camp.

I am still thanking you for the 3 SVD's and 2 AUG's

was a very nice find.

Otter    103

Jim responds on the radio to Finnr.

"A few things Mr Finnr before I turn off my radio; one, bartering is just trading goods or services without using money, I never suggested we were going to haggle over your price. Two, I really appreciate your offer, but I am going to abstain from taking you up on it for now until I hear a response back from the roamers. The whole point of this conversation was to see whether they would work for me or not, pending their answer Mr. Finnr, I would like a Freq to contact you on so if these guys and their guard dogs decide to play hard ball I will have a little more information to go off of. Thirdly, you sound like a pretty chill cat, and I like the idea of the "complicated things" you mentioned earlier. Have a good one Finnr. Alex, don't be such a whiney bitch over the radio next time. You came into a conversation that was business bringing threats and shit. If you were speaking to a less reasonable man you would have started a war with your half cocked ideas. Keep your mouth shut and speak when spoken to when not invited to the Conversation. That is, unless you have common courtesy like Mr Finnr."

Jim rolls over in his bed roll and dozes off after ordering the man standing watch to take any messages for him.

RedSky    122

-Finnr clicks on the radio-

Any and all of these frequencies you will be able to contact me on. Why are there so many you ask? Well I listen to all of them and not everybody can listen in to all of them at the same time. Thank you for the pleasure of talking to you Mr. Jim.

Stradic    252

Stradic would continue looking over the map circling areas of interest when he would hear the broadcast Adrian sent out. He picked up his radio and pushed down on the transmit button...

'Wow Finnr ... glad to hear that your about as loyal as a hungry dog.

Now Jim, I am going to be upfront here mate. I don't exactly appreciate having some random pointing guns at of one us then coming over the radio making threats ... kinda cliche nowadays don't you think?

Now I am not sure what you have been told about us so I will give you a very basic rundown. We trade with those who have the supplies to spare and assist those who are in need of it. To be quite frank, we Roamers follow one simple rule ... Try not to be a cunt.

Many survivors out there are struggling to meet ends meet in which you sound like you fall into this category. Those survivors rely on us to find and deliver the necessary supplies so they can make it through the day, however, when someone comes along threatening to take it away ... well ... we are not responsible on how others will react.

So, I ask in the meantime that you refrain from making anymore threats over the radio or being disrespectful towards Kylo or anyone else for that matter until Roamers have had ample time to meet up to discuss whatever it is you are proposing.'

Stradic places his radio down and continues to mark certain areas on the map in front of him.

Herico    28

*Adrian picks up his radio and speaks into it angrily*

You think we're going to cry over some fucking guns Finnr?

Considering how well you 'know us', you must also know about our stellar survival record. 501st, UN, French, ZBOR, Reapers twice, Gamblers, Clowns... Hell, even the fucking J's, all have fallen whilst we are still here. We have dealt with many a person before old Jim here, and he won't be the last. If you think some outdated stash locations are going to 'bring us to our knees', then cunt you're fucked in the head.

*He throws the radio down*

*Pauly picks up the radio*

"Boy you best not talk shit on the Gamblers. You may have survived until now but we ain't gone! So keep your mouth fuckin' shut!"

*Pauly turns off his radio*

Pinkerton    40

Acer would be sitting on a cliff side, listening to the conversation ramble on. He decides to give his input. He presses the PTT on his radio.

"Do not give in to this man. He is nothing more than a petty thief trying to rise in the ranks among the other scum that are trying to make a name for themselves. He says he needs supplies, do not give them to him, starve them and let them try and take what they need. This will lead to the deaths of some of their men and give them more trouble in their conquest. They do not have the numbers to make a difference when it comes to fighting. "

He takes a breath, looking at his rifle laying over his lap.

"When a pest enters your home, you do not feed it...

...You kill it.

He rubs his knees as he draws another breath.

"Jim, maybe we can see each other again. This time I won't be alone."

"To these "Roamers". If you need help dealing with this problem, I know a few exterminators I can bring over. Hope you make the right decision."

He smiles as he grabs his rifle, pushing himself up with its assistance, he speaks on another breath.

"Carmine out"

*Pauly picks up his radio dying of laughter*

"What the fuck?! Haha! What?! Another motherfucker who thinks hes tough shit! This fuckin guy! Thanks for the laugh buddy! I really hate to burst your bubble here but you are the fuckin pest. I ain't goin anywhere you fuckin chooch! If you think your gonna go and attack my boy Jim you are mistaken. So shut the fuck up radio warrior you ain't gonna do shit!"

*He then mocks the man*

"Pauly out! hehe..."