Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  

Reduce Vac Ban timer.

Reduce the Vac Ban timer?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Reduce the Vac Ban timer?

• Yes
    • No

The Vac ban timer I believe should be lowered to a minimum of 150 days, because if someone had been Vac'd for 100 days, it feels the same to them as if they were Vac'd for 300 days. Also I recommend that Vac bans on other games such as CSGO that have no relation to DayZ whatsoever as they are different genre's of video games are to not stop players from joining the community. I feel with the recent Amnesty of a bunch of old players whom haven't done so much to get permd, this will allow more to come back to the community.

Please post your opinion on how this could be better and/or worse.

Bruce    0

365 days is fine. I personally don't see a reason to make it easier for players who have previously hacked to become whitelisted. Regardless of what game it was on, they have cheated before. If they did it in CSGO they could just as easily do it in DayZ.

Mamba    0

What? Naw man. Cheating in CS:GO just shows me you have a cheating mentality and that any chance you get to cheat/exploit you will use it. In my opinion a year is fair

DickSlide    250

Nah. I dislike cheaters. The 365 days is perfectly fine to me.

What? Naw man. Cheating in CS:GO just shows me you have a cheating mentality and that any chance you get to cheat/exploit you will use it. In my opinion a year is fair

Though, if you believe they will cheat again with any opportunity given, why allow them back after a year rather than a few hundred days?

Post    0

Honestly in my opinion I feel 365 days is more than many other communities allow. I know of other communities (Not DayZSA exclusive) that would never allow you to register if you had a VAC ban on record. DayZRP allows them after a year, and to me I feel that's a fair respectable amount of time for people who decided to cheat unfairly.

I agree that VAC bans in other games shouldn't affect you here. Sure, the underlying point is that they cheated and they could cheat again, but I don't think that's how it works most of the time. People change from game to game, when I was younger I hacked on mine craft all the time because I was a kid and didn't know any better. I think it's a bit ridiculous to not even give them a chance. They would have to be pretty determined to be a douchebag to sign up for this community and cheat instead of just cheating in a regular server.

Castiel    1124

A year is perfectly fine for me tbh. Not a fan of cheaters, in any game.

Rory    1560

365 days is fine. I personally don't see a reason to make it easier for players who have previously hacked to become whitelisted. Regardless of what game it was on, they have cheated before. If they did it in CSGO they could just as easily do it in DayZ.

^

Vic    0

Gosh darn those CSGO hackers! Theyre the reason i can't get out of Silver! I say we keep it up! :3

In all seriousness. I think 365 is fine.

Mamba    0

Though, if you believe they will cheat again with any opportunity given, why allow them back after a year rather than a few hundred days?

Not my call. It is Rolles. However, I am of the opinion that people deserve a second chance. That does not forgive past indiscretions and in order to make sure that this community is kept free of hackers and abusers it is safest to distance ourselves from recent VAC bans. It used to be permanent for VAC bans. I think having to wait a year is more then fair.

Oliv    1881

I'm fine with it at a year. Hell, I hear it was never before, so I'm OK with a year.

Dr Willsky    170

there's a saying 'once a thief, always a thief'. I think you could say the same about cheaters. 'once a cheater, always a cheater'. If they cheated in the past let this be part of their 'punishment' so they can reflect on what they did wrong and not ruin the fun of everybody.

Ramon    360

+1