Server time: 2017-08-16, 23:52

Sign in to follow this  
Joules

The Pinewood Community

Joules    226

[mp3]http://puu.sh/pAqrx/c02faf565d.mp3[/mp3]

8d83d883cf.png

[spoiler=The Speech]"My family, my dear family. After nearly a year, I am in front of you all to stick our flag back into this ground once more. Yet in this year of extreme hardships, we have learned so much about ourselves and what we are capable of. These things we didn't truly know and understand then. We thought we did! To us, this place was one to hide away. We were afraid of the outside world. We were weak. It is my fault that everything ended the way it did. Pinewood was founded under misguided pretenses. It is helpful to understand how we got here. How we learned how to survive. How we became... strong.

It all started when my dear friend, where ever he may be, Richard Nowell found a man who was broken. Shortly after meeting the man, an attempt on his life was made. Ricky nursed me back to health. The two of us became the greatest of friends. To avoid the constant risks on life and limb, we crawled toward the north, eventually stopping right where I'm standing. We looked over the expanse and knew we had found something special.

Over time, more and more people joined us. These were either people we knew in the past or those we met on the road. Either way, we welcomed them with open arms. This is when I knew what we had started had the potential for greatness. The key word of that last part was HAD. We squandered it my friends, and it was all in our arrogance. We thought we knew how to survive, hell we made it this far! This was as far from the truth as one could be. This was a hard learned lesson by the hands of the brothers, the Jackals. While the fights that insured aren't important now, and those who fought them have either been long dead, or have moved past, it is important to remember the lessons learned. Experience really is the teacher of all things, don't you ALL ever forget this.

We learned our misconceived ideas of safety was all a fantasy. Nothing now is ever truly safe, and no amount of trust in your fellow man will fix this. Indeed, trust, while an important thing to have in a family, was eventually what brought Pinewood down to it's knees. Trust is a double edged sword my friends, and you must be very careful to keep an eye on your surroundings.

The two breaches of our trust came in the form of a young lady named Isobelle, and a traitor to his country and to all living in it, Advel Dresnovich. It was Isobelle however that hurt our community the most. We took her in, and tried to protect this fragile creature. We tried to expand her horizons, and eventually, we planned to make her capable. No more was she to be weak and pathetic. Instead, she was to be tough. The Jackals beat us to this, and changed her. I have no ill feelings toward the brothers anymore. It was these battles, and these trials that have changed me. Without them, I very much doubt I would be standing here today, in front of all of you.

Then there is Advel, the man we befriended, gave residence to, and treated a one of our own. This was our biggest mistake. I tried to be friendly with the devil, Volki. Advel in particular was a menace, and instead of recognizing this, we trusted him. We trusted that he would do the right thing. When my poor wife, only just a shell of a woman at the time had found us, I took her in with open arms. I could tell there was something about her though, and I just couldn't put my finger on it. When she finally let loose the sorrow she had in her heart, and the things she did to survive I knew. I knew that there might be trouble. That bastard Max Kamizir, had kidnapped her son. I knew this was trouble, and that this Max was looking for her... what I didn't expect was that Advel would side with someone like him, over the people who gave him shelter, and the people who had welcomed him warmly. I should have killed him that night he insulted Jelena, but I let it slide. I wasn't prepared to do the hard things needed to survive. It wasn't long after that day that Pinewood had fallen. Advel had gotten his way, and the town scattered, leaving only the memory of a beautiful place behind.

Life outside of Pinewood was hard, as you are all well aware. I have been beaten and broken by this world more times than I can count. It was out here that I realized the lessons I was learning. I got married, and had a child on the way. While things outside were hard, I felt the most... love... and trust. Pinewood isn't just a town, it's an idea. It's an idea about family. It's an idea about respect. It's the way of the future. While this place, this exact place might not exist another year from now, the idea of what Pinewood is will never die, for this is how we rebuild the world. It is the strong that will inherit the earth. That is why I can stand in front of you all now, because we have survived. We learned the hard fought lessons. We will do what is hard, we will achieve what is great. This is a time for Pinewood, and we reach into the future. This story will not die, Pinewood will live on. Everybody... welcome to Pinewood!"

- Mayor Haas, speaking to his family after returning home.

a more in depth lore about the story can be found here

73dc68716b.png

[spoiler=Current Citizen Roster]

The Mayor: 

Tucker Haas

Citizens:

Bill Ashby

Michael Beverly

Andy Grubbs

Enzo Massaro

Hunter Harris

Carl Burnside

Thaddeus Lake

Fyodor A. Krupin

Simon Riley

James Graham

Jack Edwards

Brian Woods

Oyface    307

#HYPE

So glad this is back, finally.

EDIT: Also, post reserved for future Pinewood related stuff and things.

Vape Nation    5

Welcome back

Ellie    335

Oh shiit, you're back!

Oh, Its back boys :)

Ramon    328

Welcome and good luck! Thread looks great :D

DocofPinewood    32

This is my Town! They don't call me the Doc of Pinewood for nothin'!

[video=youtube]

:hype: Tucker glad this is back

Roach    1512

This is awesome Tucker :D I may have to find a way to show up

Keira    985

:hype:

DocofPinewood    32

oh tucker

And i was hoping i wouldn't have to kill you

<3

see you soon

Don't make us wait too long.

ten-of-the-best-western-stars-L-IIPmBc.jpeg

DocofPinewood    32

Don't worry, Ender has lots of friends...

Lots and lots of friends...

?format=500w