Server time: 2017-10-23, 20:54
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
DatBlueWolf

PSA: Careful Where You Park [Bug]

DatBlueWolf    39

Hey folks.

If you have a small car. Don't park it in those sets of garages. The ones with the red doors.

I was attempting to hide a car in one of them, but upon attempting to reverse out the car doesn't move at all.

As far as I can tell it's not stuck on anything and I've already attempted removing all tires to get it unstuck from whatever it was.

Be more careful than me.

What about a car that won't turn on. I have pristine tires and battery and it's full on gas but the spark plug is damaged. Is the spark plug the issue?

Hey folks.

If you have a small car. Don't park it in those sets of garages. The ones with the red doors.

I was attempting to hide a car in one of them, but upon attempting to reverse out the car doesn't move at all.

As far as I can tell it's not stuck on anything and I've already attempted removing all tires to get it unstuck from whatever it was.

Be more careful than me.

thanks for the heads up

DatBlueWolf    39

What about a car that won't turn on. I have pristine tires and battery and it's full on gas but the spark plug is damaged. Is the spark plug the issue?

If the spark plug is only damage it might just be that the car is bugged. Unsure. Or you're out of gas. Check the dials.

Plank    0

Seems as though vehicles are bugged to bits in .60! Bummer. My first wee session on DayZRP when .60 came out involved Shade, Ivan and I going on a magical mystery tour of south zagoria in an off-road! Good times. :)

Dustup    125

Thanks for the info.  The buses are screwed at the moment as well, being on a slight incline with at least 2 wheels on grassy areas will also get the vehicle stuck.

P3XHLA    0

Wait for the server to restart and if all else fails, throw tires and items to try and move and nudge it.

DatBlueWolf    39

Wait for the server to restart and if all else fails, throw tires and items to try and move and nudge it.

You beautiful person! I hadn't thought of that!!! I shall try! .... Once I'm back at where I parked it!

Connvexus    36

Be careful in cars all together. I was driving a offroad and out of nowhere it flew through the air backwards 200m and then flew back to where I was originally and collided with every tree along the way and blew up the car.

Fun times.

Felli    65

I usually make an improvised bow and arrows when a car gets stuck. You shoot the arrows at the side of the car and it usually moves a little bit for each arrow. I would advice you to remove the tires before you try this out though, otherwise they will most likely be destroyed even though you might not aim at them.

P3XHLA    0

I usually make an improvised bow and arrows when a car gets stuck. You shoot the arrows at the side of the car and it usually moves a little bit for each arrow. I would advice you to remove the tires before you try this out though, otherwise they will most likely be destroyed even though you might not aim at them.

Does the arrow have to be an improvised one or does it have to be a bone arrow that has the tip? If anybody could answer about all this and also crossbow bolts would be helpful, thanks. I've used an improvised arrow and it didn't seem to do anything, although I've heard of people flipping cars over or into the air with these "Zeus bolts" and bow.

I can also add that some sedans behave like they are on ice and have hockey pucks for tires...I found one that slid all over the place with prestine tires...built a different one and drove perfectly fine.

TrilbyAsh    6

Could be that the engine itself is busted...In which case, you got to wait for the server to restart. That sucks like hell when it happens, but it's an easy enough fix.

Also, in response to the OP. I wouldn't advise you try and park cars in buildings anyways. They have a tendancy to bug out massively upon restart and could potentially flip over and die. xD

Felli    65

Does the arrow have to be an improvised one or does it have to be a bone arrow that has the tip? If anybody could answer about all this and also crossbow bolts would be helpful, thanks. I've used an improvised arrow and it didn't seem to do anything, although I've heard of people flipping cars over or into the air with these "Zeus bolts" and bow.

Personally, I have only used the improvised ones so I don't know if the others work. But it's always worth a try?

Hey all,

[align=justify]     Thought I'd drop some info in here for you. Parking a vehicle, any kind on a spot that an item can potential spawn at will get stuck and this is also true for spots that have shrubbery that you couldn't place a tent up on. The improvised bow and arrow trick works to dislodge it on occasion. If using this technique to dislodge your vehicle, my advice is to remove the four tires, battery and spark plug; then aim for the bumper corners or axles of the vehicle this insures minimum damage. Be sure to collect all arrows as not to hang the vehicle up on them. Leaving the plug, battery and tires on will leave a chance to ruin them do to missing your target or an arrow bouncing around. 

[align=justify]Also it is rumored (have not yet confirmed myself but will and update) that if the fuel intake area takes a gun round or damage, it causes any fuel added to the vehicle to pure out soon after. To check this, put fuel in the vehicle to max capacity and then enter into first person view while in the drivers seat and check the dial. If it is reading empty your vehicle has taken hits to the fuel tank and won't hold fuel. I would just destroy it then to cause another to spawn else where on the map as there are a limited number per server.

[align=justify]As far as the warping and sliding that is a desync issue with this patch.

[align=justify]Hope this info helps and happy driving!

[align=justify]-Mason Abernathy