Server time: 2017-10-17, 15:23
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  

Sedan won't turn on

Question

Me and my buddy found a sedan. It's full on gas, has a pristine battery, all four tires are pristine but the spark plug is damaged. Is the spark plug the reason the car won't turn on?

7 answers to this question

Chow    45

/Moved to question

MeenMuginLovin    242

If its by Zeleno you're basically fucked. Idk why, but cars by there just do not work. Just another one of DayZ's lovely...features.

Aiko    644

Hmmm is there a way that you can screen shot what the inventory looks like. If its full on gas, and everything then it should run fine. Does it turn on at least? Or not at all? If it turns on, but doesn't move than it has to be something with the tires. If the tires are not pristine, then it will be very hard to control.

EDIT: Also I have found in this patch that vehicle's are not persistent. They despawn after a while, so if you are looking to stash it. It might not work out for you.

Masulii    25

Okay, I did some searching on the internet and I came across this article about car batteries in 0.60

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/4p4xwp/060_changed_vehicles_battery_definition/

Configs show that vehicles consume electricity now. I haven't checked ingame so please test on that. Power is an independent value so even pristine batteries can be flat. Engines produce power, but battery may not be recharged as there is no alternator belt. This change may be the cause of recent cases of immobilized vehicles.

I am going to suggest you that you find a "new" car battery and try to replace the one that is in the car.

Of course, it could also be that the damaged spark plug is not giving the engine a spark, try replacing that aswell 

I hope that you will keep us informed about this issue

This is a new patch and with a new patch is comes with all different types of bugs so i think that the car is not going to work because it is glitched because like i said it is a new patch and like Masulii said maybe you should go find a new car and make sure that all of the parts of the car are not badly damaged because that may be why it is not working you may need know and worn or higher quality of a spark plug or some other parts. 

And if you feel like your answer has been answered please quote or pm one of the CH or higher to /solve this thread thank you

GreekGodx    148

As many have answered, it seems to be a glitched vehicle. I suggest possibly saving the parts if you find another vehicle that can work. Maybe looking for parts that are worn or over are more viable than ones that are damaged.

For the glitched vehicle, maybe a fix will come along on this thread http://www.dayzrp.com/t-60-Known-Issues-and-Fixes

/solved