Server time: 2017-10-18, 09:29
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Nightfury

Hero Initiation

Nightfury    3

Ok so the suggestion is a hero initiation on a bandit. In order for this to work you would rules you could have to keep this in check and not have every random person shooting up a bandit because they want to be a hero for a minute.  So 1) You have to record yourself seeing the full initiation of the bandit(s) on the civilian, you cant just see them being held hostage or something, you need to be able to actually tell that the initiator is the bad guy, and not a good guy. 2) Have a hero outfit, and you must be wearing the full outfit to be able to do it, for example a yellow raincoat, this will allow the bandits to tell that this guy is a hero, this is the one trying to kill us, and they wont kill a randomer just because they think he is the hero. 3) In order to initiate on the bandits you have to have a flare gun and shoot a flare into the air for each individual hero, so if there is 1 hero coming to the rescue, 1 flare goes up, if there is 4, 4 flares go up, again, this is to show that the bandits have just been initiated on, and by how much, to keep it fair, or do it the usual way and tell them to put their hands up and stuff. 4) The hostage is your priority, not killing the bandits, or doing whatever you might do to them. 

I think that this would keep things fair, and not a mess, but give lets say 1 hero a chance to actually help a civ from lets say 4 bandits, as he would have the jump on them, but still have the initiation done by the flare in the air, rather than going up and saying to put their hands up, where it would then become NVFL because he would lose the advantage of surprise, and would be in a much less secure position. Don't get me wrong, initiate normally if it is possible, but for the 1v4 example this would work, rather than the hero being like well, hes fucked, lets run away, or lets go get ppl and lose the hostage etc. like don't have a 10v10 initiated by flares... this idea is for the lone survivor type of people, or with 2  or so, and they arent going to do a 2v10 as thats NVFL

And if the rules aint followed = ban of course.

On a side note, how fucking badass would that look seeing like 10 flares go up all at the same time all around the bandits position, the bandits would be like ohhhhhh shit.

Obviously this could be adjusted and stuff... its just ideas of how to get a safer hero initiation sort of, bandits can't do it to heros imo as their is a fuck ton more bandits than heros.

ChilliVanilli    65

hmmm, interesting but hmmmm i dont know if this works

Darion    152

Honestly to hard to implement

and seems like alot more trouble then what it is worth

a Nah for me

AndreyQ    0

This is a clear no. Way too elaborate. Not to mention that the hero vs bandit mentality isn't really a thing on our servers.

Nightfury    3

btw, i know this suggestion has been made before, but just the ideas of how it works are different... i think... also.. you say its too hard to implement, that just makes alot less people who use it because they dont want to go through the effort, which makes only the hardcore hero go for it which will make it not as messy

Thing is, everyone can shoot a flare and noone can tell if that was an initiation or not, i think there would become too many issues with this, but the idea sounds pretty epic and could still be done in a group with friends just for the looks.

Dustup    124

What separates a good person and a bad person can be hard to distinguish sometimes and it is often fairly subjective.  I can also see issues arising with regards to rulebreaks given the rules for rescuing hostages as they are now, and I don't think "heroes" committing hostile acts should have it easier or different to anyone else.

DickSlide    250

This is a little too complex to understand and to implement.

Mamba    0

No. We had good Samaritan rule before and it was abused. This is basically the same thing except you want people to record it? No thanks. First of all you as a bystander do not know the story . For all you know the person they are robbing is the bandit

Plank    0

I don't think this fixes anything that's broken. If you want to interfere in a bandit's activities and play the hero, just initiate and go for it. There's no need to change the rules to accommodate this kinda play. Glad to see so many people bringing ideas to the table though!