Server time: 2017-08-19, 22:41

Sign in to follow this  
SkezZHD

Removing Third-party Communications

SkezZHD    12

I know, yes alot of people will be hating on this, will act like children losing their candy-teamspeak if this get through but let me explain why we should remove communications OOC, and why we should only use In-character communication.

It is easy to metagame on teamspeak through teamspeak, talking to friends over teamspeak when you are right next to a person which makes no sense why the guy should not hear you when you are speaking in a so said -radio-. If we add a rule saying that we are not allowed to use Teamspeak or any other form of Out-of Game communication it brings alot more RP and immersion, such as you speak to your group In-game and roleplay with those characters making more of a bond, and better roleplay. I know I made a suggestion of some -dangerzones- before and I remember alot of people saying -We want immersion and we want to RP, and it is not RP- which means this actually adds in alot of RP.

If you want to speak to people from a far distance, well here you go. Grab a radio, grab a battery and there you are, you can now speak with your friends In-game, and can RP whilst doing such aswell and create more of a story for your character, and this also makes it harder if you wanna rob someone as you have to actually speak about it ingame, instead of saying in Teamspeak -lets rob these guys- when you are standing right next to them, when they SHOULD actually be able to hear you but cant due to this.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN -REMOVE- TEAMSPEAK COMPLETELY...

Like alot of people thinks, this is to remove the ways of using this to speak OOC whilst RPeing ingame, stopping you from saying "Lets rob this guy." and then the other guys not able to hear you even if you are 2 feet away from them. I never said -Lets take Teamspeak down-... if you actually cared to even read through the whole thing you would understand that I want to KEEP teamspeak but disclude it from using it whilst RPeing...

latest?cb=20110628001107

nope nope nope nope  

when DayZ  has a working radio system then sure  but 800 meters isnt far enough

some radios now a days work for up to 9 miles so implement something like that

until then  

Hell to the naw

SkezZHD    12

latest?cb=20110628001107

nope nope nope nope  

when DayZ  has a working radio system then sure  but 800 meters isnt far enough  

some radios now a days work for up to 9 miles so implement something like that

until then  

Hell to the naw

Ah yes, because having a radio going for 9 miles on a map that is what? 12 killometers wide? Yes that would definetly work.

Give me another reason why we shouldnt use them, the radios work and are functional, if you are away from your friends, and are 800 meters away, then you should of thought about splitting up with them. This creates more RP and immersion and avoid Metagaming ALOT more, and makes it actually more immersive, give me another reason to why and try to prove me wrong -Why- this is a bad idea, instead of crying of the distance. :)

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    750

It doesn't need removing. If metagaming happens make a report.

Spartan    1003

Got suggested before. The radioes arent as good as TS. Just keep it ic in ts if you want that so badly.

Again, nopes

Bigrat    8

If it was to be removed some people would still use it and some not making it more unfair. Better if everyone is on the same level.

SkezZHD    12

How would you enforce this, if it were to become a thing?

It wont be easy, but if someone is found out they will be banned obviously. Or it could be easy, perhaps if someone is filming some proof, you hear them talking to eachother on ts in the background or any other communication. Or perhaps someone finds something out that they wouldnt know of IC, thus if someone comes to -aid- one of his friends in a gunfight or perhaps when he's being robbed unless he is nearby, and you hear nothing ingame of him speaking in an In-game radio, then you got your proof he may of metagamed. In all honesty, how do you even enforce that metagaming wont occur at all? Every rule is hard to withold and every rulebreak is hard to notice, I bet you over 90% of DayZRP community has broken some sort of rule wether it is a small one or big one, but it always will be hard to bring it up and actually prove they did it. It's the same with this, its the same as any other rule really on how hard or easy it is to prove it.

Got suggested before. The radioes arent as good as TS. Just keep it ic in ts if you want that so badly.

Again, nopes

Ah yes, one more of our close minded minions. Of course the radios are not as good as TS, TS is MADE for communication, period. This is a game, supposed to be somewhat realistic, the radios are there for a reason and we should make use of them. Teamspeak, sure speak there, talk to friends not stopping you. But keep IC as IC and OOC as OOC, meaning only ingame communications.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    750

It wont be easy, but if someone is found out they will be banned obviously. Or it could be easy, perhaps if someone is filming some proof, you hear them talking to eachother on ts in the background or any other communication. Or perhaps someone finds something out that they wouldnt know of IC, thus if someone comes to -aid- one of his friends in a gunfight or perhaps when he's being robbed unless he is nearby, and you hear nothing ingame of him speaking in an In-game radio, then you got your proof he may of metagamed. In all honesty, how do you even enforce that metagaming wont occur at all? Every rule is hard to withold and every rulebreak is hard to notice, I bet you over 90% of DayZRP community has broken some sort of rule wether it is a small one or big one, but it always will be hard to bring it up and actually prove they did it. It's the same with this, its the same as any other rule really on how hard or easy it is to prove it.

'It won't be easy' You are correct it wouldn't be. All of that involves to many variables and would be way way to much hastle to enforce baring in mind staff already have a lot on their plates. The current system is not broken therefore does not need fixing.

SkezZHD    12

If it was to be removed some people would still use it and some not making it more unfair. Better if everyone is on the same level.

If people use it and is found out, they will obviously be punished IF this gets added, everyone complains on every thread -We want RP, we wnat immersion- when something like this gets added in that is immersive and would be good for the RP they still act as if its a bad thing because they cant speak to their buddies in Teamspeak about ingame stuff, such as standing 2 feet next to a guy saying -wanna rob him?- definetly wouldnt make sense if the guy cant hear you talking of it, and makes an unfair advantage.

jason hunter    56

I don't see the use of this, because everyone can still use a 3rd party communication system like Skype or Steam Chat....

+the radio's ingame have really short range 900m i believe...

Blu    21

Even if the removal of Teamspeak was to happen people would just another piece of software like Steam chat or Skype. Secondly Teamspeak is also a very social place for people to interact with their group members as well as other community members so an -1 from me.

We should encourage it, but we can not enforce it. I totally agree though we could make a far better effort to encourage communication in-game rather than TS.

SkezZHD    12

'It won't be easy' You are correct it wouldn't be. All of that involves to many variables and would be way way to much hastle to enforce baring in mind staff already have a lot on their plates. The current system is not broken therefore does not need fixing.

No one said it's broken, and yes, the staff has alot to handle, but still makes ALOT more immersion then it would be otherwise, and makes the RP Far better by discluding this. It's not a bad thing to do such, we are an RP server, and we want to RP. Thats what Everyone is saying, yet somehow this is something -bad- because they are afraid of losing their OOC communications in Teamspeak, Skype, you name it. It makes the RP more intense and more realistic. If you are in a gunfight, your radio is in your backpack, not on, you cant call for help immediately, yes sure you may die, we all may die due to this, but if you suceed, then perhaps your friends hear you, come and help you, if not then you are on your own and then you have to handle the situation as it is. I know as myself and alot of others has problems with, is RPeing in teamspeak, I for one cant RP for shit in teamspeak.

Unknown Entity    126

Another suggestion that has been suggested countless times. Use the search bar please.

This won't happen. Even if ic radios worked beyond 800m.. some people enjoy being ooc on ts. Especially when you're hearing etc.

It will also break the community up a bit. Right now you can talk to almost anyone who is active due to them being on ts. Good for becoming friends, talk about an incident, brainstorm groups...

If you believe metagaming happened, report it. Simple.

I will become a meta gamer if this happens :)

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    750

Shall we also take a moment to remember that this is a community not just an IG thing. Lot's of people have friends here that they wish you speak to OOC'ly aswell as play different games with.

SkezZHD    12

Even if the removal of Teamspeak was to happen people would just another piece of software like Steam chat or Skype. Secondly Teamspeak is also a very social place for people to interact with their group members as well as other community members so an -1 from me.

No one said remove it, just dont use it for IC matters, thats the thing I am trying to say. You can keep teamspeak, you can talk with friends there, but not speak of IC matters like -I'm here come help me getting robbed- or whatnot, and I know tons of people uses TS that way, and if they find other means of communication, its not hard to notice if someone randomly comes along out of nowhere and somehow knows of you robbing them without the man you are holding up to not be speaking ingame in a radio. And as we all know it's hard to see if anyone is breaking any rules, we got a rule that says -Do not place traps- out or something I dont remember the exact one, yet people still do it, people die or get injured from it but no logs shows from who placed it. So yes it will be hard to enforce.

Shall we also take a moment to remember that this is a community not just an IG thing. Lot's of people have friends here that they wish you speak to OOC'ly aswell as play different games with.

No one said REMOVE teamspeak, just do not use it for IC matters... you can use Teamspeak to play other games, speak with friends whatever, this is not a suggestion to Remove and permanently taking TS down its a suggestion on Removing the communication through Teamspeak about In-Character stuff.

The RP TS isn't just used for being in game either. It's also a place where many people and their friends relax, talk, and play other games together as well. It is also a good way to interact with other people in the community as well. Why take this away for something that is nearly hard to police and watch out for?

/Edit didn't see Randle's reply but he hit the nail on the head

/Response to OP's quote on Randle's statement

How would you enforce this then? People have locked channels for a reason and I would find it extremely difficult and absurd for every staff member to monitor every channel so no one uses their comms for RP

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    750

I know, yes alot of people will be hating on this, will act like children losing their candy-teamspeak if this get through but let me explain why we should remove communications OOC.

Did I misunderstand?

SkezZHD    12

I know, yes alot of people will be hating on this, will act like children losing their candy-teamspeak if this get through but let me explain why we should remove communications OOC.

Did I misunderstand?

And theres the salt of taking it personally. I said alot of people, doesnt mean I am pointing fingers at certain people, you all have your own opinons and I respect that obviously...

Naz    20

As many have said before, it's unenforceable, and to be honest, I've actually been in a couple of situations where TS was used ICly to get out of a tough spot (i.e. have a hostage in a barn, hostage's friend comes to pin us down, we switch to their TS and go IC about the entire issue.) I'd rather not regulate how people would like to play the game in terms of their comms. If someone metagames, more than likely I'm sure they'll be caught.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    750

Did I misunderstand?

And theres the salt of taking it personally. I said alot of people, doesnt mean I am pointing fingers at certain people, you all have your own opinons and I respect that obviously...

Woah woah there fella, I wasn't even talking about who it is aimed at I was talking about the fact that you told me you never mentioned removing it entirely hence why I quoted that statement and asked if I mis-understood. Regardless I'm not going to argue.