Server time: 2017-08-22, 20:29

Sign in to follow this  
theejamest

Trolling Question

Question

theejamest    4

I had a slightly trollish experience yesterday, and it's been floating in my mind ever since as to what to do about it. 

I was in a town and met a couple of fellas, and seeing as I had a chainsaw in my mind they was a bit wary to begin. I see them again around town, and they tell me to back off etc, and as I say I will leave the town, they begin to chase me. Anyway, long story short, as they was calling for me to stop (No initiation), one screamed in VOIP: "FOR NARNIA!". 

Now to me, this just seemed unnecessary and kind of ruined my immersion at the time. I eventually get initiated on by another member of their party, and robbed of some stuff. 

But really, I just want to see what people would do, what people deem worthy of reporting and what/if anything they let slide. 

James

4 answers to this question

Rolle    2462

When in doubt - report. We can look at the situation, call in the people and get their explanation.

Phoenix    1058

There's a thin line between what can be classed as trolling and what is alright.

What you are describing wouldn't personally bother me but it could bother other players and as you stated - break immersion.

If you feel like a rule has been broken you can always file a report against said person and the staff team will judge whether it was trolling or not.

Autumn    121

When in doubt - report. We can look at the situation, call in the people and get their explanation.

The man above tells you the truth. Staff have plenty of tools at their discretion to catch said people and if you feel as though a rule has been broken you have every right to make a report. In it's own way the verdicts are learning tools that educate the poster and defendant. 

Also if you can do try to provide as much evidence as possible. A recording in video, unedited of a man chasing you shouting 'For Narnia' would be good to be coupled with a report regarding the troll in question.

Hagger    117

As stated above: If you feel like rules has been broken, file a report.

/solving