Server time: 2017-08-22, 20:49

Sign in to follow this  
Nial-Jalo

How the community has grown?

Nial-Jalo    2

I would like to hear some stories if any people have time to tell how the community has grown from when you first joined :)

I joined last year, which I suppose was around the peak of Mr. Moon, but I hadn't actually seen his content until I joined. Back then we had 4 servers, there was 2 US, and 2 EU. Most were full all the time, it was great, and easy to find roleplay, like today and now. There have been some low times of course, but I think DayZRP always has a certain attraction that keeps players old and new interested. It's great to see another wave of people coming in although it will be a headache for some, there are going to be many who stick around and become great RPers.

Joined late December 2014 when there were 4 full servers. Since then things cool down a bit but it looks like this wave might bring the vast number of people that we once had back.

Nial-Jalo    2

I joined last year, which I suppose was around the peak of Mr. Moon, but I hadn't actually seen his content until I joined.  Back then we had 4 servers, there was 2 US, and 2 EU.  Most were full all the time, it was great, and easy to find roleplay, like today and now.  There have been some low times of course, but I think DayZRP always has a certain attraction that keeps players old and new interested.  It's great to see another wave of people coming in although it will be a headache for some, there are going to be many who stick around and become great RPers.

Glad to see you enjoy new faces.

I've been here since May 2013 and the community has grown so much since then with the development of current and new rules, new whitelist procedures, moving to standalone from the mod and the size of the staff team. When I joined, the staff team was almost three quarters as small as it is now. The communuty has grown and changed for the better and the worse but mostly for the better :)

I joined late 2013, as you can expect the community has undergone a lot of changes. 

Main thing which took me a long time to get over was the removal of the DayZRP mod. Going from loads of custom guns, vehicles, scripts, settlements, to a game which was so early in development it didn't even have hit logs :D

Of course when that happened, the community itself changed big time, in my eyes. We got a completely new audience due to the game switch, and unfortunately some older members had left, including the majority of my friends at the time.

So yeah, its definitely not the same as it used to be. But were still growing! :)

Rolle    2462

Now, this is the story all about how

My life got flipped-turned upside down

And I'd like to take a minute

Just sit right there

I'll tell you how I became the Presidente of a site called DayZ ArrrrPe.

To be continued... ;)

I joined late 2013, as you can expect the community has undergone a lot of changes. 

Main thing which took me a long time to get over was the removal of the DayZRP mod. Going from loads of custom guns, vehicles, scripts, settlements, to a game which was so early in development it didn't even have hit logs :D

Of course when that happened, the community itself changed big time, in my eyes. We got a completely new audience due to the game switch, and unfortunately some older members had left, including the majority of my friends at the time.

So yeah, its definitely not the same as it used to be. But were still growing! :)

The change split the community so much and I too lost some friends which also made me have a break for well over a year and the community lost a lot of great role players. But because of the new audience we all (hopefully) gained new friends and the community gained some amazing new members

Just sit right there

To be continued... ;)

In north west chernarus, getting some gear

Plenty of shots its what I like to hear

My friends started droppin and i started runnin and i thought

"Shit.. i wanna do some roleplayin!"

So i got all my friends and we tried to find

A dayz server where we were all fine

And we had no luck, so i had to decide

"Imma make a server with no kill on site"

Holy crap thats harder than it looks, sorry for the cringe

How has the community changed since I have joined? Well, lot of friends came and left, some come back the rest cannot. I have seen some of the best SA groups and ran with a lot of good people. Made friends in Staff that came and left, I left staff and made friends in the community and have come back to new faces in the team and made friends with some of them. Not all change is bad, all change is...change. It is what you make of it. No matter what happens this is still the best community I have been apart of.

Just sit right there

To be continued... ;)

In north west chernarus, getting some gear

Plenty of shots its what I like to hear

My friends started droppin and i started runnin and i thought

"Shit.. i wanna do some roleplayin!"

So i got all my friends and we tried to find

A dayz server where we were all fine

And we had no luck, so i had to decide

"Imma make a server with no kill on site"

Holy crap thats harder than it looks, sorry for the cringe

Nice one

Nial-Jalo    2

Just sit right there

To be continued... ;)

Lol alrighty then

Wow didnt know a huge change happened...Glad you stayed to see how it played out!

cannon    56

I joined back in late 2013 so the community has grown 300% since i first played back then.

Only came back to RP after .60 because it's the only first really playable patch for me.

Nial-Jalo    2

I joined back in late 2013 so the community has grown 300% since i first played back then.

Only came back to RP after .60 because it's the only first really playable patch for me.

Ah glad to see you've stuck around all these years

Smau    8

I can already see the difference, by checking the occupation on the servers :D

More people, more players, more stories.