Server time: 2017-08-17, 13:50

Sign in to follow this  
OhhIce

No Loot

OhhIce    0

Hey guys I don't know if it's just me, but recently I haven't been finding like no food in dayZ so I always starve to death I think with the new patch they have decreased the spawn rate. This means it's gonna be harder to survive and get guns. IM TALKING ABOUT NORMAL DAYZ SERVERS NOT DAYZRP. Thank you for your guys time . :)

Like Boston said you can always run up to an apple tree, and eat until you throw up. And I don't know about you but there has been a large number of chickens around. It's not that hard to find food on other servers and DayzRP's servers.

Stradic    252

I still find food and other basic items laying around in the spawn zones however its not as common to find these items like previous patch's (which I'm loving)  if you are desperate for food then I recommend going with what Boston said and kill some of those chicken which now plague us.

theh5    6

If you are talking about normal servers then maybe you should troubleshot this in Bohemia's help forums or play on Another server with a higher spawn rate. Alternatively you can be creative: Finding apple trees, drinking from ponds, hunting animals (quite high spawn rate when you are alone in the wilderness, rob people for their supplies, become a cannibal.

Ellie    335

Have you tried looking inside clothes? Most of the food I've found has been from clothing.

Hebee    2216

I've found a billion bags of rice in the wooden ticket booth looking things in the military tent areas. Other than that most of the food I have found is inside clothing items in houses.

Zero    276

Inside of clothing is typically where I find most food, the brown, wooden, and small guard shacks at Myshkino tents spawns an abundance of food as well. Chickens and apples are also probably one of the more viable options for food sources, I heard you can eat fish now without getting sick, but I have not confirmed it myself and do not wish to any time soon.

Rose    141

Hey guys I don't know if it's just me, but recently I haven't been finding like no food in dayZ so I always starve to death I think with the new patch they have decreased the spawn rate. This means it's gonna be harder to survive and get guns. IM TALKING ABOUT NORMAL DAYZ SERVERS NOT DAYZRP. Thank you for your guys time . :)

Look for chickens, thats like 90% of what i eat now and it keeps me well fed in game now lol

They are friggin EVERYWHERE

(im not even kidding, i think ive been killing like 5ish a day lately and i love it!)

I was playing both RP and public and i never had problems with food. Just don't sit in spawn cities and move to other locations once you pick enough apples to not be hungry.

Osaka    15

Apples are a really easy way to get food and water in one single package. Orchards are basically everywhere, and you can easily yield 5 apples every time you look in all the trees. And yes, chickens.

SweetJoe    278

The server population has been crazy, normally you will find areas with barely anything in it, add in alot of freshspawns and those areas become literally empty. 

Travel in areas you wouldnt normally go, you will either find nothing or you will find something, and more than that, get far away from the coast. I found the further inland I go the more loot spawns. 

When Im near the coast or even on it, I find most of my food on the back seats of abandoned vehicles. 

Apples will get ya where ya need to be at if you feel like spending 15 minutes working for it. You will often find nothing 10 or more times in a row, but it will eventually find something, dont give up, as i said, 15 minutes and your full healthy hydrated and energized...unless your exceptionally unlucky of course, will admit once or twice ive been unlucky. trick is not to give up.

Remember that this is not a normal server, the population and traffic is unbelievable currently. Its a big map and at times the server feels empty, but the statistics dont lie, this new update brought back the server population in a crazy way.  At least gear respawns now.

Osaka    15

Also if you want to get some nice hidden loot, visit the small villages up north. people tend to ransack the spawn areas, and you won't be left with much.

Also notice that spawned clothing now has a chance to hold items. So when you see shirts, quickly check those for loot. People tend to ignore useless clothing, but these are where I find my beans.

Volkree    0

Forget about the cans my man, it is all about mother nature. Go find yourself some apples from trees and cut up some chickens and cook em.

Not sure where this issues happening O.o I find cans all over the place on my travels; just need to be thorough and check ALL the houses. some are blank, others? I've found five cans/tins in one house before.

make sure you're checking clothing, not just the visual area; most food/drink is found in jackets and pants now, sometimes in backpacks.