Server time: 2017-08-20, 00:34

Sign in to follow this  
McCoy III

2 easy ways to stop all these reports..

McCoy III    7

As we all have seen within the last few weeks, the amount of reports is through the roof. This may be due to some new players on the servers (not knowing the rules too well). So this can help them along with everyone else in the community. 

1. Stop robbing for loot.

-Most of the reports are because of BadRP/GearRP. It seems you can't go anywhere in the .60 patch without someone saying "wow nice gun you have there." We get it, people have nice guns. Loot around, explore andy you'll find your own, it may enhance your RP experience if you actually leave the NW. People who just run around the hot zone robbing for loot is one reason there are so many reports. 

2. Lets actually RP and not turn everything into a shootout.

- With so many big groups in the servers, it seems everywhere you go theres a huge shootout, leading to reports of NVFL and others. Can't hostile arguments and encounters end sometimes end with both sides having some good RP and not just start initiating and shooting? Last I remember this was an RP server and it just seems more people are gears towards PVP. 

Overall, not trying to rant...just putting my 2 cents in.

McCoy III

Think it's about time these sort of threads end now. Deal with it.

McCoy III    7

Deal with shitty RP overhauling the Admins with reports instead of trying to fix it....good advice.

Deal with shitty RP overhauling the Admins with reports instead of trying to fix it....good advice.

Mentors have been accepted in open arms. I have put myself forward to become one if you feel  change is needed go a head and do that if you have not already. As for the unneeded thread there are plenty you could have just commented on. This seems to be a trending topic lately and everyone wants in.

Edit. if you were lost where to voice your views - http://www.dayzrp.com/t-So-many-Reports?pid=1464289#pid1464289

There will always be robberies, it does not matter what the reason behind it is. The important part is the RP and I understand where you are coming from but keep in mind we were all new here once. People learn at different rates and alot of the newer members are still learning and defining what is acceptable in terms of roleplay.

I have to agree, these sorts of threads cant be very welcoming for new members..

MagicMike    69

I agree, new members should feel welcome, ive had some people tell em theyre nervous to play because theyre afraid theyll get reported. While you make good points the thread was already made. Its a community, no need to assert dominance.

McDugals    37

We all were new once,and quite frankly this is a zombie survival game. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows. Gotta keep an open mind!

Don't be attached to your gear. You will get robbed and sometimes the RP just won't be that great, especially with the influx of new people who are still learning what's what around here. If it's that bad, report it! The system is there for a reason and it not only prevents the bad eggs from ruining your good time but is often an educational experience for those who genuinely just goofed and want to learn how to get on well here.

As for your concerns about PvP and a lack of roleplay, I'm not on board with you there either I'm afraid. I've definitely witnessed this, but we're talking over a year ago since the last time that, based on my own experiences, considered this an issue.

We're roleplaying in the zombie apocalypse. In just about every form of popular media in the zombie genre, there are hostilities between survivors. I think it's pretty fun to have inter-faction warfare going on around us, but its not like you can't avoid it. The map is huge and there are plenty of places to explore that go virtually untouched most of the time.

All in all, I get where you're coming from but I promise you, if you just hang in there and keep an open mind, you're going to have an awesome time!

Volke    132

Can we just combine all the report threads into one big thread and than close it?

If your not going to rob someone for gear...What else are you going to rob for? Robbery literally means taking something.

And in regards to PVP > RP - Than report it if you think its that bad. But PVP is in the game and is apart of it: so like the others above have said....

Deal with it honestly, get more people and don't turn things into a shootout.

Also: 1 easier way to stop all these reports.

Try to OOCly talk out the situation first and try to understand the other side. Sometimes mistakes just happen do to being new and just be able to chalk one up as a mistake and explain to them the problem without a punishment. Many people have a insta report mentality without talking out situations and trying to see the confusion or thoughts behind someones bad rp or reason for RDM , etc. It often feels like some people put up reports are a way of revenge to get ooc revenge due to an IC situation

Less reports? Come on man, that's my late night entertainment!

Nothing to do? Away from the rig? Gonna jump on that phone, read up on all the stupid shit that happened today.

Plus, as an added bonus, it teaches me how not screw up in most situations. It's edjumacational.

McCoy III    7

haha I understand everyone's point and they are all valid. This post was not coming from personal experience rather than what I've been seeing on the forums.

I've been robbed my fair share of times and I never mind, only when the RP is shit and OBVIOUSLY gear based. I could care less about losing gear really.

Like I said just adding in my 2 cents, didn't mean to rile the cages y'all!

Saradomin    349

+1 on this.

And stop robbing for loot? What else should we rob for? A robbery is just that, you want the loot, you take it.... But yes, when robbing, dont make a 5 sec robbery.

As we all have seen within the last few weeks, the amount of reports is through the roof. This may be due to some new players on the servers (not knowing the rules too well). So this can help them along with everyone else in the community. 

-Most of the reports are because of BadRP/GearRP. It seems you can't go anywhere in the .60 patch without someone saying "wow nice gun you have there." We get it, people have nice guns. Loot around, explore andy you'll find your own, it may enhance your RP experience if you actually leave the NW. People who just run around the hot zone robbing for loot is one reason there are so many reports. 

- With so many big groups in the servers, it seems everywhere you go theres a huge shootout, leading to reports of NVFL and others. Can't hostile arguments and encounters end sometimes end with both sides having some good RP and not just start initiating and shooting? Last I remember this was an RP server and it just seems more people are gears towards PVP. 

McCoy III

Ha, no. This needs to stop.

900x900px-LL-506d59bf_not-this-shit-again_zpsb4456328.jpeg

Again, ha.

Wasn't there another thread that was rather pointless?

Rolle    2450

I think he meant that no matter how many of these threads we create, some people won't read any of it and will continue to do bad stuff ingame. Just look at how many people ignore the newcomers guide and enter the servers with incorrect name, and that is something we link everywhere - in FAQ, whitelist, guides, help threads, ban appeals and other stickies.

gherig    3

I agree the robbing latleys been just about the loot and I think we all know why with the m4 back in.

SweetJoe    280

McCoy III

You realize, a Robbery is literally taking someones possessions against their will...so your suggestion is to do away with robberies.  This will never happen because the PVP aspect of this server is literally the only threat in this game. The threat is in game, and that is a good thing, its a lawless post apocalyptic world. This is the setting we are to rp in, it has nothing to do with the forums or reports, that is a rulebreak issue.

If everyone follows the rules and knows the rules, and if we are willing to talk civil like, this is a fun server to play on.  If only everyone realized that we could talk to the people we have issues with or even just had encounters with. Communicate with one another and if you dont like someone leave them alone.

So all in all, there is no need to change this from a PVP&PVE server to a PVE.  There is no danger on PVE's and that is not what this community is about. 

The zeds are becoming a threat finally, another year and they might actually be deadly.

"Whatever will I do without my M4 and 5.56?"

Felli    65

The problem isn't robberies and hostile RP, it is how people handle it. There's not much we can do to prevent bad rp rulebreaks etc. Sure we can encourage them to get mentors and play with more experienced players, but they need to learn through playing on the servers themselves. You don't learn how to role-play through a rulebook. You can learn what not to do, but not what you actually should do. Maybe we can encourage them to read more guides before going in game and that way they can know a little bit about RP before attempting it themselves.

Easiest way to stop reports? Don't report. Try speaking to the potential rule breaker on team-speak, help them out and give them some tips. invite them to role with you in dynamic. Analyze the situation that you were in, see what maybe could have been done better on both sides.

Easiest way to stop reports? Don't report. Try speaking to the potential rule breaker on team-speak, help them out and give them some tips. invite them to role with you in dynamic. Analyze the situation that you were in, see what maybe could have been done better on both sides.

+1 to this. Whenever I've been involved in a report, nothing has ever gone through because we always talked things through, how both sides might have been able to improve. When things like this happen, staff also contribute to what could have been done better without anyone being punished.

McCoy III    7

I'm not at all saying I'm against Robberies or turning the server into PvE....not at all. It's the BLATENT robberies for gear with no talking that kills me. (And I have contacted people through PM during these times to talk it out instead of reporting). And like you said, with the zeds becoming more of a threat hopefully people can spread out and enjoy the entire map.

Volke    132

I'm not at all saying I'm against Robberies or turning the server into PvE....not at all. It's the BLATENT robberies for gear with no talking that kills me. (And I have contacted people through PM during these times to talk it out instead of reporting). And like you said, with the zeds becoming more of a threat hopefully people can spread out and enjoy the entire map.

People will have started to spread due to like Tisy military etc, but until we get a significantly more amount of players per server, I doubt that RP will become map wide.

Autumn    121

Putting my two cents in here... There is no surefire way to stop these reports other than the staff team collaberating and doing them in a timely manner.

However, recording, reporting, giving staff plenty of evidence is much more valuable than saying. 'Stop robbing for loot'. 

It is and always will be a part of RP on here. Everyone wants something shiny, some just wanna see others suffer. But it is implied that if you are being robbed... You are going to loose something. Whether is is that smersh vest you found ten minutes ago or a can of food. It is however up to you to still provide rp through these encounters. If the RP is not reciprocated or is non-existant, record, report, let staff take care of it. 

While it is implied as well that RP is greater than PvP it doesnt stop after an intiation drops. The intiators by our rules have to give you rp, not sit you in a corner and tell you to shut up for ten minutes as they decide what they want out of your vest and backpack over TS.

I understand your worry, but staff did anticipate a rise in reports, bans, whitelists and ban appeals. It was going to happen with the return of several youtubers. But in the end it's our obligation to help staff reach a swift verdict by being able to give plenty of evidence.