Server time: 2017-08-23, 12:07

Sign in to follow this  

Idk

Hello there,

Unless you've been living under a rock, you will have noticed that we've been having a lot of Youtuber/Streamers join the community recently. Hurray! But have you ever stopped to actually think what comes with your favorite entertainer joining the community? This thread is designed to get at all of these points across so you're of what's to come.

The Syndicate Wave

True, when a large Youtuber joins the community, there'll be a huge influx of players and you may think that's a great sign for the community and you should hope to think so! When you look back on the past of DayZRP, you'll find a specific time frame called "The PsiSyndicate wave". This is a time when Psisyndicate first joined DayZRP and brought in a bunch of players including many well known community members. During this time, it was a slew of bad roleplay, reports, and... well for lack of a better term "horrid". This lasted for a few months until things slowly died down and Psi stopped making videos.. the fanboys retreated back to their Arma 3 Life servers to continue their horrid behavior and the good roleplayers stayed. After that, there really hasn't been something as bad in the community other when Frankie joined to make one video and was asked not to make anymore. (lol)

Influx of Players

Now with PsiSyndicate joining with a fresh larger fanbase along with multiple other large Youtubers (some surpassing him) you'll quickly begin to see the Syndicate Wave once more for a longer duration of time. If you look at the last two days of reports you'll see over 20 reports (current and solved)6c599b72fc.png

1c8103748e.png

aeb3a9b17c.png

But that's a discussion for this thread.. however I advise you wait 1 week before providing your input as most Youtubers haven't even begun. The current rationalization over there is "Oh it's not that bad it's been worse".. hardly anybody stopped to think that it's only been 2 days.

Good RP on Youtuber's channels

I feel I can talk about this as it's no secret since multiple members of staff openely talk about it among community members, but it's staged. There's not really much to discuss on my end other than it's tricking the viewers in to thinking this is what they're going to expect when they get whitelisted. Besides, anybody who has ever played DayZRP can easily tell it's fake. If you'd like a specific example of staged RP, you're free to check out this bit of

.. however I did find the first few exchanges of dialogue to be very funny

Bandit: "Get on the ground or I'll paint your brain with it."

Unsuspecting Victim: "Ok."

It was a good attempt  but things seemed way too artificial... especially with everybody set up in the school building waiting for him. (nobody does that) Good try though. 

Conclusion

So in conclusion, even though it's been two days, you're going to see things become worse. Staff will rationalize it saying things will work out eventually but they will not give a time when that will happen. Sure you can argue that nobody could possibly know, but you can probably calculate it. As I'm supposed to play the "meme" role, I'm not going to bother and I'll let one of you very book smart individuals to do that. With the Syndicate wave, things took a few months to clear up however this time around it may take up to a half year or more depending on how many more Youtuber/streamers jump on the band wagon or for how long.. the staged RP will only make things worse.

So in the mean time, sit back, grab some popcorn and enjoy the reports section.  

tl;dr

[video=youtube]

Dr Willsky    163

Seth if this is you, you didn't dissapoint me. I mean we've seen what 'dank memes' can do to an RP server ;)

We knooooowww for the past two days, RP has been sooo fricken BAD! A couple of us were up at NWAF and there were some people who just yelled at us not to advance or we die.. like come on... Today I was walking through Vybor and heard two (definitely underage players) talking about finding some whores to fuck, and keep as dogs. It was disgusting. I've been through at least three, ten second robberies for gear. Yes - "If you see a problem, report it." I know that - and everyone does and SHOULD be.

People need to stop complaining about reports. Mad about bad RP? These reports are going to get rid of these pesty little bambi. (As my friends and I call them the whiter bambi). Rolle is adding more staff to deal with all of this and slowly filter out all the bad RP'ers. Of course it is going to take time!!! Be patient, make reports when necessary and don't bash on staff for doing their best.

/Edit: I've fixed your bypass of the word filter. We will update our lists, thank you for your input. - Oliv

Oliv    1572

I'm not going to say I don't disagree with you, but, we can post stuff like this that can be taken as very negative to some one who has just joined the server, or we can post stuff like this .

I already had a new member ask me how he can take part and be mentored by some of our senior members to make sure he puts out quality RP.

Just my opinion on it.

I'm not going to say I don't disagree with you, but, we can post stuff like this that can be taken as very negative to some one who has just joined the server, or we can post stuff like this .

I already had a new member ask me how he can take part and be mentored by some of our senior members to make sure he puts out quality RP.

Just my opinion on it.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-RP-Masterclass-Learn-And-Improve-Roleplay

Not an original idea, but here's how it worked last time.

Another one..

As I said on skype, what do you hope to achieve with this? Surely you know it'll die down in a few weeks. The bad apples will get banned, the others will learn to RP properly... just give it some time.

Oliv    1572

Just my opinion on it.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-RP-Masterclass-Learn-And-Improve-Roleplay

Not an original idea, but here's how it worked last time.

I came in in a member influx, and I feel I am a very productive member. Maybe some of these will be too.

The Marshal    351

Sooo... Uh, this has happened before, yes? And it will pass. And it will happen again. And it will pass... Again. This thread has no use, in my opinion as a community member.

I guess I don't personally see the point of this thread Dora.

Sure there are more reports than usual, but why make a whole thread blaming it on the new members of the community? I can't imagine how it could look from their perspective, especially the ones who worked hard to become whitelisted and take the server seriously.

I expected a few of you guys to not properly read the thread... I might just record the whole thing in voice and remove the text, but I'll only do that until a few more people make the same point I already made in OP. Things will die down, however it will take a very long time.

The Marshal    351

And time heals all wounds. I read the thread in it's entirety, thats not the issue. The issue is that this thread still serves no purpose, just ride it out with everyone else.

And time heals all wounds. I read the thread in it's entirety, thats not the issue. The issue is that this thread still serves no purpose, just ride it out with everyone else.

The purpose of my thread is to express my thoughts as best as I can. You're literally just trying to argue something that we both agree on.  If you want to find a thread that really serves no purpose other than entertainment, click here.

Jerry    19

Its happened before, it'll happen again, what you don't want the community to ever get new players? get real. New players will break rules, some will learn from their mistakes some and wont, guess what'll happen to the ones that don't?

Obviously its more work for the staff but that's because the community is growing larger, there's literally no way to combat this.

So what you should do is stop complaining, get used to the change and just try lead by example and help people. We shouldn't need some daft mentoring system for people to just get a bit of help, I feel like that kind of a system is making people think they are better than these 'noobs' which is ridiculous.

Grasping the rules and how events playout in-game with said rules can't be taught by just reading a page of rules, you have to expierence it in-game, that's why we have a strike system, so people can learn from their mistakes, anybody that wants to will.

As for PSI staging videos, he doesn't stage the RP OBVIOUSLY but he defiantly shares his location OOC to anyone he wants to meet.

Also don't fucking complain about people 'bad RP,' everyone has to start somewhere, when I joined this community I was a little Irish squeaker who learned to RP through this community.

As for PSI staging videos, he doesn't stage the RP OBVIOUSLY but he defiantly shares his location OOC to anyone he wants to meet.

It's 100% confirmed staged by members of the staff team. Everything has been said publicly in open Teamspeak channels among multiple members of the community. How it was described is certain staff members will speak to Psi in Teamspeak and will tell him to go to an area.. in this case the school. They will not tell him who the people are or what they will do except it'll be hostile roleplay. The idea is to have more experienced roleplayers RP with him so he can make a good video.

Jerry    19

It's 100% confirmed staged by members of the staff team. Everything has been said publicly in open Teamspeak channels among multiple members of the community. How it was described is certain staff members will speak to Psi in Teamspeak and will tell him to go to an area.. in this case the school. They will not tell him who the people are or what they will do except it'll be hostile roleplay.

Alright thats what I expected, what I meant by saying it isn't staged obviously is that they aren't sitting in teamspeak with scripts, sure the meeting up is staged but the RP that followers is organic.

Dishes    159

Yep. Last time this happened it actually drove me out of the community for a good while, this time I'm just gonna sit back and try to go with the flow... but yeah, it's pretty bad.

As a newer member who has loved the past month of rp, I can say that since I don't have the solid amount of good experiences members with seniority has had, it is gonna be harder for myself and all the new members who coming in with this influx. Someone who just had a month great experiences might just end up with four months of crap.

I'm going anywhere, but those who might be great contributions to the community might be lost in turnover. It's gonna be up to our senior members to help those of us that give a damn about this community get through this.

Help us Dayz-wan community, you are our only hope...

I can understand why some of the rp is staged, I mean it would be a pretty shit video if nothing interesting happens but I can see where you're coming from, with these videos not showing the communities full colors and what playing on the servers is actually like.

With the bad rpers and the amount of reports, just like the times before hand those that break the rules will be removed and those that actually want to stay and properly role play will do just that.

Volke    132

Oh boy, another thread that achieves nothing other than stirring up drama while complaining about issues without a solution. If the general consensus is just ride it out - Why bother to put this in general discussion: what is there to discuss? You say the purpose is to express your thoughts, but it just comes across as a rant (IMO) and serves nothing to discuss other than to have people argue with you or complain about the "horrific" and unchangeable issue at hand. In that case, I feel this should just be posted in Off Topic, due to its lack of a discussion behind it.

I don't think I've seen anyone disagree with your opinion: but I also don't see the benefit or purpose of posting this in general discussion other than to rant and complain about issues that can't be solved. At least to me, it just seems like an attempt to cause unnecessary drama.

We've dealt with it before, we'll deal with it now. The backlash will be backlash. If it gets crazy, than the admins can close the whitelist temporarily and deal with the plague within the community. Is there really any "discussion" that can be had? New players are new and will make mistakes. If they are smart, they will learn or get banned.

Not disagreeing with your opinion, but the manner that the thread has presented itself in. Just my 2 cents.

McDugals    37

Look the reports will help those that are new learn from their mistakes and hopefully they will grow to be full fledged dedicated members of the server and not simply dedicated because their favorite youtuber is playing on it. Give it time and the rest will follow! I'm sure many people are as concerned as you are but patience and understanding will overcome this as it has in the past.

Oliv    1572

Perhaps you're right and I didn't get the point you were trying to put across, I've done that before. I think I did though, but maybe it was just the way I interpreted it. Either way, my examples still stand for how people can't still be very positive in times like this.

As for Psis videos being stagged, I've yet to see that information come up. It also doesn't bother me that much, to be honest. We have all at some degree set something up OOC to happen IC, from meeting up some where to permadeathing a character. Scripted word for word on the other hand, is a bit of a different story, and in my opinion much harder to do.

Regardless, I wish you luck with whatever you are trying to achieve with this thread.

Alright. Please stop posting gifs and memes on this thread.

During these waves of "Fanboys" Comes a lot of good role players who end up staying in the community. It's gonna suck for a while until the trolls and horrid RPers get banned or leave, but it will be worth it in the long run..