Server time: 2017-10-18, 02:18
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Rose232

Lore question, military advisors

Question

Rose232    2

A quick question as I have a character idea cooking up in my head (kinda just a giant pile of crap atm). Would the US/Other Western nations send advisors to the Chernarussian side? I know this happens in real-life, and currently advisors are working in Syria and Iraq (even other countries that aren't involved in the Middle-East conflict). Would playing a possible advisor left behind work, and be allowed in a lore sense?

6 answers to this question

Post    0

A quick question as I have a character idea cooking up in my head (kinda just a giant pile of crap atm). Would the US/Other Western nations send advisors to the Chernarussian side? I know this happens in real-life, and currently advisors are working in Syria and Iraq (even other countries that aren't involved in the Middle-East conflict). Would playing a possible advisor left behind work, and be allowed in a lore sense?

Hi Rose,

The United Nations was really the only organization that made it into Chernarus.  The US and other military forces never made it in, which likely includes any form of the military including advisors.  The UN likely had advisors, doctors, peacekeepers, etc.  Perhaps there was US advisors sent to outposts in foreign countries in Europe NEAR Chernarus to gather information about the developing events.  My first character was a UN advisor.  ;)

Rose232    2

Thanks man! I'll research a bit more, and get back to the drawing board.

GreekGodx    148

As what Post said, the United Nations would be the only foreign aid in Chernarus by the start of the outbreak. Although, there maybe a chance that U.S. advisors were in various outside European countries to gather information on the matter.

I will /solve this.

Hamakaze    13

Hi Rose,

The United Nations was really the only organization that made it into Chernarus.  The US and other military forces never made it in, which likely includes any form of the military including advisors.  The UN likely had advisors, doctors, peacekeepers, etc.  Perhaps there was US advisors sent to outposts in foreign countries in Europe NEAR Chernarus to gather information about the developing events.  My first character was a UN advisor.  ;)

Is it not possible that NATO countries had advisers and training teams deployed to Chernarus before the outbreak to assist with training and development of the CDF in a similar manner to how British advisers have been stationed in Kenya, Mali and Oman to help train their armed forces or how US advisers were based in Georgia to train the Georgian Forces in the NATO way of doing things so the deployment of advisers doesn't always coincide with a disaster or conflict especially since the British Army alone has advisers in over 80 countries around the world. Just a thought...

Post    0

I believe some roleplays as that, it is possible. It would have only been a few though, but entirely plausible.