Server time (UTC): 2020-01-23, 00:30 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
SzweN

S3 NWAF KOS 6/16/2016

Server and location: North West Airfield 

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 00:59

Your in game name:  Robert Willins

Names of allies involved: GeneralTortillas (IG), Mr.Porkey, Spartan54820 (TS)

Name of suspect/s: (Logs will tell)

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): (No video evidence)

Detailed description of the events: I started making my way across the Eastern side of the NWAF and moved over to the ATC to look for the member of Lovec that I was playing with, Generaltortillas, and started making my way across the airfield to the west side to met with my the person I was with at the time. I was told by Tortillas that there were multiple people around the small Red building over by the main road next to the outer wall of the airfield. I noticed two players playing with a crawling zombie on the airfield and proceeded to watch before I started moving to met with Tortillas. As I started moving out towards the treeline two players began to move towards me that seemed to be not involved with the other two with the zombie. I heard one of the two people ask why I was running as I moved into the tree line. The moment I proceeded into the treeline the person that was originally talking to me shouted for me to 'stop and put my hands up'. I stopped and was immediately fired upon by the two individuals and was hit before I started running in deeper into the trees as I was being shot. As I was shot I began to open fire and was soon killed by the two individuals. 

I was at NWAF with OP at the time, planning to head south to the civilian barracks to find myself an AK-101 mag (I didn't have one at the time, as was the main reason we were at NWAF) I saw a group of people at the red house on the eastern side of the airfield and decided to watch. I assumed they had a hostage of sorts as to how they were talking to them. I told OP about the people in the area, but we weren't surprised at all, it was NWAF after all.

After a while of watching them, OP was walking down the road and the accused asked why he was running and started chasing him for about 10 feet before initiating. In the same second they said "Stop and put your hands up" they started shooting at him. I barely had time to react before hearing the gunshots. (At this moment, I was in the treeline watching them run up to him. I would have done something about it if I had any ammo.) They gave him no time to react to their demands (Not even close to the five second minimal time) before shooting him dead.

Connection logs

22:23:32 | Player "Vasily Krasnav" is connected (id=)
Still In-game.

22:44:48 | Player "Rafal Malinowsk" is connected (id=)
00:27:47 | Player "Rafal Malinowsk"(id=) has been disconnected

23:46:29 | Player "Charlie Chaska" is connected (id=)
Still In-game.

Hit logs

23:55:22 | "Vasily Krasnav(uid=) SHOT Robert Willins(uid=) by M4A1 into LeftLeg."
23:55:22 | "Robert Willins(uid=) STATUS S::500 B::4500 H::4692 HP::0."
23:55:25 | "Robert Willins(uid=) STARTS BLEEDING."
23:55:33 | "Charlie Chaska(uid=) SHOT Robert Willins(uid=) by SVD into pelvis."
23:55:33 | "Robert Willins(uid=) STATUS S::1380 B::3490 H::4292 HP::0."
23:55:33 | "Robert Willins(uid=) STATUS S::1880 B::2990 H::4092 HP::0."
23:55:33 | "Robert Willins(uid=) STATUS S::2380 B::2490 H::3892 HP::0."
23:55:33 | "Charlie Chaska(uid=) SHOT Robert Willins(uid=) by SVD into RightLeg."
23:55:33 | "Robert Willins(uid=) STATUS S::2880 B::1990 H::3692 HP::0."
23:55:33 | "Charlie Chaska(uid=) SHOT Robert Willins(uid=) by SVD into RightLeg."
23:55:33 | "Robert Willins(uid=) STATUS S::3380 B::1490 H::3492 HP::0."
23:55:33 | "Robert Willins(uid=) STATUS S::3880 B::990 H::3292 HP::0."
23:55:34 | "Charlie Chaska(uid=) SHOT Robert Willins(uid=) by SVD into RightLeg."
23:55:34 | "Robert Willins(uid=) STATUS S::4380 B::490 H::3092 HP::0."
23:55:34 | "Charlie Chaska(uid=) SHOT Robert Willins(uid=) by SVD into RightLeg."
23:55:34 | "Robert Willins(uid=) STATUS S::4880 B::-10 H::2892 HP::0."

Kill logs

23:55:35 | "Robert Willins(uid=) DIED Blood <= 0"

Charlie Chaska POV:

We're dealing with a hostage situation at the cafe on the airfield when we see a guy sprinting towards us that goes prone and aims his rifle at us. I run towards him to ask him what he's doing when he stands up and sprints away from me. I yell at him to talk to me and ask why he's running away from me, but he says nothing in return and just continues running. I initiate, saying "Put your hands up now" and he runs into a pine tree, quickly turns towards me and hides behind a solid tree trunk. I fire a few shots at him because he hid behind the tree, facing me with his weapon out instead of putting his hands up. Immediately after my second shot, he begins spraying back which leads me to believe that he didn't intend on complying either way. There was about a half a second between my shots and his shots. After he shoots back, he runs towards the wall, firing more shots at us, and then I finish him off in the tree he's hiding in.

My questions for the OP are as follows:

1. Why didn't you speak to me? I was within voip range, you definitely heard me and yet you said absolutely nothing in return. You knew that we were following you, within voip, and trying to speak to you so why would you continue to try to sprint into the woods? All we wanted to do was ask you why you were aiming a gun at us and what your business was in the area. If you would've spoken to us, we wouldn't have initiated.

2. Why did you take cover behind a tree instead of just putting your hands up?

Calling Mr Porky to post his POV

well as i was only in teamspeak and not in game i only heard what happened, robert said he was at nwaf and he seen a group of people, so he decided to run away cause he was on his own, he said they where shouting 'why are you running' then about two seconds later he said he was shot and killed.This is all i know as i was not there in game.

Verdict:

Charlie ChaskaRDM - Word vs Word

Reason:

After reviewing the evidence provided and the POVs of all involved, the staff team has come to the following conclusion that there is not enough evidence to base a verdict. In the report, the OP says he stopped and was attempting to comply. Where as the accused says the exact opposite stating the accused went behind a tree and faced him with his weapon still drawn. The video would have been a very helpful edition should it of actually showed the situation, instead all we see are people running into  a tree line, then our view is blocked and we hear the accused initiating upon the OP, and the gun fight that ensues. 

Due to the lack of evidence and the conflicting nature of the POVs posted, we can not take one word over another and thus can not come to conclusive standpoint for this report. We are sorry for this inconvenience.  However, there is one thing we would like to mention the time in which you initiate and the first shot happens is drastically small. In the future, we suggest giving your would be hostages more time to comply.

With the above stated, the following applies

Outcome:

Charlie ChaskaRDM - Word vs Word - No action taken.