Server time: 2017-08-23, 15:54

Sign in to follow this  

Raising your gun

Question

So I  had this moment, we kind of surounded a guy by an accident and he raised his gun and said that he doesnt want guys around him and walked away. Did we get KOS right on him or nah?

12 answers to this question

Hagger    117

Most likely an accident if he lowered it right away.

If he keeps pointing at you and your friends for a long time, without properly initiating it could be baiting. But you don't get KOS unless he initiates with voice or chat, or you initiate and he does not comply.

Most likely an accident if he lowered it right away-

If he keeps pointing at you and your friends for a long time, without properly initiating it could be baiting.

He felt thretened so he raised his gun and kept it raised for a good minute

If that's the case, I dont reckon you have KOS rights. It's best to initiate just to make sure.

I would say no since he didn't give you a demand or necessarily a consequence.

Jamie    1195

You do not gain KOS just from someone raising their gun at you alone, no. You may only gain KOS if someone initiates on you, which is a clear hostile demands towards you. If someone was to raise their gun at you and say something along the lines of "If you don't fucking leave me alone, then I'm going to kill you." then you would gain KOS. Also like stated above, people sometimes miss-click into raising their gun, by no means do you gain any rights from that.

Just remember that we are a roleplaying community, and you should only use your KOS rights if you feel your life is threatened, a last resort. It states this clearly in the rules. "Always prioritize roleplay over ruleplay. "

You do not gain KOS just from someone raising their gun at you alone, no. You may only gain KOS if someone initiates on you, which is a clear hostile demands towards you. If someone was to raise their gun at you and say something along the lines of "If you don't fucking leave me alone, then I'm going to kill you." then you would gain KOS. Also like stated above, people sometimes miss-click into raising their gun, by no means do you gain any rights from that.

Just remember that we are a roleplaying community, and you should only use your KOS rights if you feel your life is threatened, a last resort. It states this clearly in the rules. "Always prioritize roleplay over ruleplay. "

Oh im just checking it. Coz might use it in my roleplay

Boston    650

No, you didn't have KoS Rights.

In order to gain KoS, you have to be initiated on. A valid initiation includes: Demands, time given, and a consequence.

For example: Stop surrounding me or else I'll kill all of you.

This is a direct threat on your life, thus giving you KoS.

In this instance, him raising his gun could have been an accident from being scared, or just him giving Hostile Roleplay. Unless he specifically said: "Stop surrounding me or else I'll be forced to do something" or words to that effect, you don't have KoS.

I mean he didn't give a demand or a consequence so I would have to say no you did not get KOS. Now what he did could have been taken as hostile but until he said "Stop surrounding me or I'm going to start blasting" Or something along those line you would NOT gain KOS. Also if you had enough guys that you were surrounding him even if he initiated I would suggest just taking him instead of gunning him down seeing as It could lead to some dank RP. But on that same token you gotta make sure he does't have killers in the hills ready to start blasting you.

MagicMike    69

People need to understand this rule because it's so cool when there's a tense moment. And guns are pointed and everyone's telling. Makes for some nice rp moments

Hagger    117

People need to understand this rule because it's so cool when there's a tense moment. And guns are pointed and everyone's telling. Makes for some nice rp moments

I know,

but too bad when you raise your gun and try your best to sound like scared and say: "D-d-don't come any closer... or I'll... I'll shoot!". It ends into barrage of 10 man emptying their AKM clips into you.