Server time: 2017-08-20, 02:27

Sign in to follow this  
MagicMike

Dayz on Ubuntu

Question

12 answers to this question

This is something I have to question more the why behind than the how.

RedSky    122

I agree I did this as a project once, I got about half way trough before I said fuck it. No point

MagicMike    69

I agree I did this as a project once, I got about half way trough before I said fuck it. No point

It is that hard?

Phoenix    1048

Hi there!

Have a look at this and let me know if it helps at all!

Because Linux is actually a quite common and well used OS. 

@OP, i'd not recommend you to even start try, unless you have a good amount of time over, and that you know what you're doing. And judging on the question you just posted, I'd say you need to start learning how to use the OS first.

If you really want to use dayz on Linux, then start googling. 

I did the same as Redsky, spent hours to trying to get it to work..but there's really no point.

RedSky    122

It is that hard?

Well Im in your teamspeak I will explain to you how hard it is, and see if you truely TRUELY want to go trough the hassle of trying it with a succes rate of about 33 procent

Because Linux is actually a quite common and well used OS.

I'm aware that Linux is common (with people who are tech savvy) and, considering it's pretty open and free, I don't blame people for trying to use it. But presumably the OP has been running Windows until now, as that's the only OS where it's readily available. It was more my curiosity if why attempting to change things up at this point and the OP of putting himself through the trouble as opposed to just running it native on Windows.

RedSky    122

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Hello there again. I went about and redid it. Now Miracle it worked this time on a fresh install on Ubuntu 15

To save you the trouble do not even attempt it. I tried extremely hard but Battleeye refuses to work properly in the WINE enviroment that we need to use to actually simulate a Windows enviroment therefor any servers protected by the Anti-cheat wont work. Also I tried a couple of unprotected servers and it seems like all it does is bug alot, The graphics dont load properly it switches in between high and low graphics on its own. Gun flashes dont properly work and all the rest is kinda a bit how do I put it, unplayable. Now Im still up for a talk cause Im intrested in hearing why you exactly want to get this working on ubuntu in the first place.

MagicMike    69

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Hello there again. I went about and redid it. Now Miracle it worked this time on a fresh install on Ubuntu 15

To save you the trouble do not even attempt it. I tried extremely hard but Battleeye refuses to work properly in the WINE enviroment that we need to use to actually simulate a Windows enviroment therefor any servers protected by the Anti-cheat wont work. Also I tried a couple of unprotected servers and it seems like all it does is bug alot, The graphics dont load properly it switches in between high and low graphics on its own. Gun flashes dont properly work and all the rest is kinda a bit how do I put it, unplayable. Now Im still up for a talk cause Im intrested in hearing why you exactly want to get this working on ubuntu in the first place.

I appreciate your interest to help. Honestly I brought my laptop upstate w me and I wanna play a bit. Decided to just wait till Monday to play its too much

RedSky    122

I appreciate your interest to help. Honestly I brought my laptop upstate w me and I wanna play a bit. Decided to just wait till Monday to play its too much

Why not dual boot it with Windows?

Unfortunately getting Windows games to work on Ubuntu is big pain in the ass and considering you're only upstate for a little I'd say it's not really worthwhile to mess around with your laptop currently. Whilst you can mess around with playonlinux and wine and other such programs considering the nature of DayZ as a game it's likely you'll have problems and be unable to play. Considering you've decided to wait until monday to play I'll go ahead and /solve this, but if you need any further help feel free to post on the thread.