Server time: 2017-08-22, 01:53

Sign in to follow this  
Hollows

I'm leaving, and I hope I'm coming back

Hollows    428

After the November 13th Paris attacks, I sat down with myself in my dark dorm room and started thinking. I thought to myself: How, why, who could or would want to do this? This stuck with me throughout Christmas break, and hit me hard when I went to my best friend's Air Force graduation from basic training on December 30th. Despite protests form close friends, and even making my best friend's mother, whom is like my second mother cry when I told her, I enlisted in the United States Army after a single year of college on the 14th of March, because someone needs to stand up for those who can't fight for themselves.

I am leaving May 23rd, and won't be home until December 9th projected final graduation. I will be going to Airborne and RASP/Ranger school, which is why it is taking longer for me to graduate from everything than everyone/everything else. When I come back, it will be for about 3 weeks until I was informed I have a 90% chance on going to Afghanistan.

Here's my picture, but be warned! These days, I've since shaved and got 2-3in shorter hair. No buzz-cut, but not long-long anymore, either. Might even post the 3m work out video if I can get the video URL.

0SnIJiZ.jpg

My Recruiter gave me this video to motivate me through RASP/Ranger school. You're going to kill me before you can make me quit.

[video=youtube]

'Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because I am the baddest motherfucker in the goddamn valley.'

Why?! I cri ;~; o7

I respect the fuck outta you Tate. Thank you for your service and your courage. I may not know you in real life but good luck out there man. I'll miss you and thanks for defending me. :( <3

Be safe, o7

James-Franco-Wink-Gif-In-Spider-Man.gif

Proud of you, man. Thanks for serving our country.

Little stock photo I found to show appreciation.

army.jpg

DarkSide    231

Well you have my respect. Let me tell you something, Afganstan isn't a fun place Black I have seen it. I respect that you chose the Army and are actually doing something rather then saying it. You joined a family that will always have your back no matter what. I wish you the best of luck! Come back in one peace brother and give them hell!

DocofPinewood    32

Best of luck to you, a friend of mine just went to Boot Camp 3 days ago. He is going in as a Combat Engineer. Army always had my favorite song.

[video=youtube]

DarkStyle    29

I guess see you in few years then when they decide to do another NATO mission in Syria then. I just need to wait for about year until i can finish Estonian 8 month conscription (or whatever the word is) and then continue it as my job. Keep your head down. o7

Scooter    51

Good luck and stay safe man. You're very brave with what you are doing. Never forget that everyone back home will be standing behind you even when you're thousands of miles away.

Jack the Ripper    250

Maximum respect man, keep yourself safe out there. o7 <3

Mercy    501

Good luck and stay safe! o7

Phoenix    1057

Hope to see you back :)

Roach    1554

Best of luck Ryan. You do what you have to do but please, come back in one piece bro.

o7

We all wanna see you come back :D

Thank you for your service, and if you do get deployed.. come home safe.

I don't know you very well but what you're doing.. is one of the most brave things someone can do.. Thank you again, and good luck!

Deegan    153

Good Luck man, will be joining you soon. :)

Good luck. Succeed where I couldn't even get a chance!

Hope you come back with some good stories to tell.