Server time: 2017-08-21, 10:17

Sign in to follow this  
Finn

SVD Dragunov : Furniture

Which looks better, should they add the choice of changing out the furniture?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which looks better, should they add the choice of changing out the furniture?

• Yes, the wood looks better. They should add it to the game.
    • No, the black furniture looks better than the wood furniture, but they should still add it to the game.
    • Yes, the wood looks better. I think they should focus on other things.
    • No, it does not look better. They should focus on other things.

Finn    76

I find the SVD to be very bland and boring when it uses the Polymer or plastic furniture. In my opinion I would find the SVD more attractive if it had the option to use the classic wood furniture.

Examples

The current in-game SVD

645x83 800px-SVD.png?version=c671818ec837efe924 [/img]

A comparison of the real life SVD

adam_NDM86-WoodPolymer3.jpg

What do you guys think, do you think they should add the original Wood furniture in the future?

What is your opinion, which looks better?

Don't matter to me, I'll have someone robbing me 2 seconds after I picked it up anyway.

Looks better in polymer IMO.

Hmmm...I can see why both would be appealing. I personally prefer weapons with wood furniture. But people who prefer the badass-military look would probably prefer the polymer furniture. Also, technically speaking, wouldnt the polymer furniture be much lighter than the wooden counterpart?

Phoenix    1056

Wooden one looks pretty awesome !

It's something they will eventually add, but they need to focus more on MAJOR additions to the game. This is something they can add towards the end of Alpha or possibly even in Beta. Not really something to worry about now.

But to answer the original question, I prefer the plastic polymer. I'm not a fan of wood furniture on guns.

Also, technically speaking, wouldnt the polymer furniture be much lighter than the wooden counterpart?

Yes, it takes off quite a bit of weight.

Emile    98

I really like the wood but I would rather have them both!

zoyo    66

It would be nice to have the option, but I like the polymer. It doesn't Really matter to me though, I don't use an SVD.

DarkSide    231

Plastic attachments is where it's at!!

I'm gonna go with the wooden one.. Looks nice. Yea but i'm one of the many people that find one and say "Na.. Ima get robbed with that."

Storm    203

I'd love to have the wooden one ingame too. I dont see a reason not too. Both look pretty sweet imo

Joules    229

While in the future it would be cool to see the wood furniture, there are plenty of other things that the devs should be focusing their efforts on. It doesn't bother me enough to warrant complaining about. There are however other things that do warrant a complaint.

if they get another Sniper style gun maybe, I say just keep the SVD the way it looks. In the future, maybe when they add a new Sniper like the Zastava M91 which looks a tad similar.

dragunov-PinPixPicCom2.jpg

Zero    280

I would love to have the option in game, the same with the AKS-74U, I would like to see something similar to what is in my profile picture. (He is holding a heavily modified AKS-74U.) Rail-guard, red dot sight, MAGPULL stock..

Mike-Styles    19

I think that they should just have both of them in the game the black polmer furniture and then have the wooden one but with the wooden one you can have the option to spray paint it.

I'd like to see modular support for all weapons. After-market magazines, stocks, fore grips, rail systems etc. Maybe even shorter barrels for certain weapons, so as to convert them to carbines, or longer ones for long range marksmanship. I'm also desperate for weapon slings!

I'd like to see modular support for all weapons. After-market magazines, stocks, fore grips, rail systems etc. Maybe even shorter barrels for certain weapons, so as to convert them to carbines, or longer ones for long range marksmanship. I'm also desperate for weapon slings!

Some weapons like the AKM and the M4 (When it comes back) already have some form of attachment support. You can change them around quite extensively.

I'd like to see modular support for all weapons.  After-market magazines, stocks, fore grips, rail systems etc.  Maybe even shorter barrels for certain weapons, so as to convert them to carbines, or longer ones for long range marksmanship.  I'm also desperate for weapon slings!

Some weapons like the AKM and the M4 (When it comes back) already have some form of attachment support. You can change them around quite extensively.

Yeah, I'd like to see this extend to other weapons in the game though.  It's not unheard of for the FN FAL to have wooden furnishing, for example.

I'd like to see modular support for all weapons.  After-market magazines, stocks, fore grips, rail systems etc.  Maybe even shorter barrels for certain weapons, so as to convert them to carbines, or longer ones for long range marksmanship.  I'm also desperate for weapon slings!

Yeah, I'd like to see this extend to other weapons in the game though.  It's not unheard of for the FN FAL to have wooden furnishing, for example.

Agreed, I would love to see more modular supports for the other weapons.

BigRig    20

Wooden grips and stock on Russian guns just look classy compared to the boring black plastic furnishings. When i have an AKM I usually like to put rosewood grip and stock from the Ak74 on in favor of the bright yellow stock AKM parts

Honestly, the SVD with wood on it looks beautiful. Why shouldn't they add it? It would be amazing.

Woods a fuckin beaut dude

Stradic    261

I think it would be nice if we had both in game for variation. I'm sure if the devs don't add this in someone in the modding community will.

I would love to have the option in game, the same with the AKS-74U, I would like to see something similar to what is in my profile picture. (He is holding a heavily modified AKS-74U.) Rail-guard, red dot sight, MAGPULL stock..

The day we can have a picatini rail system on the kalashinov series, is the day the rp community get a hard on