Server time: 2017-08-19, 11:13

Sign in to follow this  
Marcunt

Driving lessons IC?

Marcunt    218

So I have no driver's license IRL and have no clue how anything works when you drive anything. I had no knowledge of the fact that they added gears in the game either, so when I - a couple days ago - attempted to drive a bus with a fellow groupmember of mine, I couldn't get over 20 km/h haha. My buddy told me I was changing gears too quickly.

So I am wondering if anyone had the idea of setting up some sort of driving lessons for survivors, be it within only a certain group or just in general? It would be a very fun thing to do and I don't think we need more car wrecks on the map, right? 

Do it. Just do it.

CorbSlayer    34

If you have the people and the resources (spare parts, enough cars) i would say go for it, I bet there are a lot of people IC who do not know how to drive that could benefit from some sort of driving lessons.

+1 do it

RedSky    122

I have actually given the children from the Forsaken driving lessons IC'ly, completely acted out it was very nice, till one of them flipped the car a couple of times ;/

Marcunt    218

I have actually given the children from the Forsaken driving lessons IC'ly, completely acted out it was very nice, till one of them flipped the car a couple of times ;/

Noice! However I was hinting at a slightly bigger event. I just find it slightly annoying that I (playing a mafia member) can't drive a car, lol. Keep teaching them kids, though ;)

This is the problem with transport right now. I have a very basic understanding in how to drive manual, but I would much prefer a bicycle (also quieter and no fuel)

Ron    749

My Character Mary gave her Girlfriend Nora driving lessons. They even had a race with 2 cargo trucks on the NWA. It was enjoyable roleplay. I do think in a bigger setting this could get interesting. It will be a pain to get and especially keep all the supplies tho.

Marcunt    218

My Character Mary gave her Girlfriend Nora driving lessons. They even had a race with 2 cargo trucks on the NWA. It was enjoyable roleplay. I do think in a bigger setting this could get interesting. It will be a pain to get and especially keep all the supplies tho.

Sounds fun! And yes, it would indeed be a pain. It's impossible to hide any form of vehicle without picking it apart, as people will go through every nook and cranny of the forests to find it.

Phoenix    1048

That would definitely provide some amazing RP. You know, teaching someone to drive.

Maybe taking a small price for it such as a weapon or food etc. for every lesson.

I'm sure this would be pretty cool. :)

Hebee    2216

Sounds like it would lead to great RP, but bandits will also hear the car(s) and flock in that direction like moths to a lamp, so keep that in mind.

Marcunt    218

That would definitely provide some amazing RP. You know, teaching someone to drive.

Maybe taking a small price for it such as a weapon or food etc. for every lesson.

Ofcourse! Nothing is for free. Such a shame however that it doesn't go well together with our group's general theme to start something like this. :(

Phoenix    1048

Ofcourse! Nothing is for free. Such a shame however that it doesn't go well together with our group's general theme to start something like this. :(

One day someone will make a group dedicated to giving people driving lessons :D

Storm    203

This would be great for some internal group RP. I couldn't see random survivors teaching others how to drive. But if its a group teaching their members, I could see that leading to some amazing roleplay.

Marcunt    218

This would be great for some internal group RP. I couldn't see random survivors teaching others how to drive. But if its a group teaching their members, I could see that leading to some amazing roleplay.

Or catastrophic, depending on how long it takes before someone crashes the vehicle ;)

zoyo    65

Since they changed the way cars work in game I have no clue how to drive anymore. I'd defiantly want participate in any sort of lessons. xD

Speaking as guy who with another lad fixed no less than 4 vehicles over the course of 12 hours only to not know you have to shift them now *Last time I drove was a truck and no shifting* and ending up thinking the parked car is glitched.

PLEASE DO THIS JESUS WE NEED YOU.

I cannot explain the embarrassment of sending a lad to the help desk only to hear laughter.

Q and E Wtf

Marcunt    218

Speaking as guy who with another lad fixed no less than 4 vehicles over the course of 12 hours only to not know you have to shift them now *Last time I drove was a truck and no shifting* and ending up thinking the parked car is glitched.

PLEASE DO THIS JESUS WE NEED YOU.

I cannot explain the embarrassment of sending a lad to the help desk only to hear laughter.

Q and E Wtf

I know right? Feels clunky as all hell and I have no idea when to change gears.

Hebee    2216

But let's be honest do you really want to fix up a car to have some greenhorn hop behind the wheel and flip it? That's something you'd have to think about as well.

Marcunt    218

But let's be honest do you really want to fix up a car to have some greenhorn hop behind the wheel and flip it? That's something you'd have to think about as well.

That's why they should start off slow. You don't start driving on the highway on your first driving lesson :)

Once I was informed by a very flustered group lad that E and Q it was just fine.

But dear lord. The utter embarrassment, I am a grown ass man. I shoot guns and play vidya. I drive a damn truck.

How did I miss this

Foozer    1

Haha, interesting idea for people who don't necessarily know how to drive. Once driving mechanics become more advanced, you could maybe give advanced driving lessons, offering things like sharp turning, drifts, and driving in reverse ( may not work, just a personal thought). Keep in mind this may be a big source for bandits, looking to get an easy car... Good Luck with this Idea!

Marcunt    218

Haha, interesting idea for people who don't necessarily know how to drive. Once driving mechanics become more advanced, you could maybe give advanced driving lessons, offering things like sharp turning, drifts, and driving in reverse ( may not work, just a personal thought). Keep in mind this may be a big source for bandits, looking to get an easy car... Good Luck with this Idea!

Indeed. Them bandits always ruin it :D

No, but I can't make this into a reality sadly, it doesn't fit my group. However, maybe in the future I can father some people and do this for some fun RP, if I ever decide to leave my current group, which is very unlikely to happen at this point.

If you get this set up let me know, I'm all for learning!

Ah car lessons, the best way to car jack someone. I don't know how to drive in real life either, but since I can't do manual in game for shit, I stop once they made all the cars manual.

That and you know.. I'm a living Asian stereotype with 300 ping

Stiles    21

I mean it would be a good idea, the amount of times a car has ended up broken because of me...

if only you could own a car without it being stolen, then set up a school

you might wanna take notes...