Server time: 2017-08-18, 10:58

Sign in to follow this  
Vandal

"55.5 Hz [Private Frequency][Secure]

Vandal    77

*Leary twists the screwdriver another full turn to finish tightening the bridged connection.*

"That should do it LT"

**LTJG Leary turns to LT Curran and motions to him that his work is done meaning the radio is operational.**

Good work Leary go join Gremlin on security, I got it from here.

Roger… and good luck LT

**Curran reaches for the handset and prepares to send his message.**

This thing looks more dangerous than the last time Leary rigged up some electronics ….

**Knowing this is as good as it would get given the situation and the supplies available he really couldn’t complain but it still felt good to do it.

Now relaxed Curran takes a breath flips the switch to engage the radio extender and presses the PTT on the attached handset….**

This is Raptor Actual requesting radio check, Over

*Roddy's radio comes to life with the message and he is awoken in a daze. He looks around to see an open field and a few trees. He spots what appears to be people walking slowly in the distance. On a closer look, they appear to grotesque looking and have no life to them. He then grabs the radio and presses the transmission button.*

"I read loud and clear. Who's on this frequency?"

*He takes a second and scans the area once again.*

"Wait. Did you say 'Actual'? What operation are you running?"

*The lifeless creatures begin walking his direction and his voice starts to sound very rushed.*

"I don't know who the fuck you are or what is happening, but if you hear me, My name is Hall. Staff Sargent Hall of the United States Marine Corps. If you can provide any assistance, shit's going south quick here.

*He begins to sound out of breath from running.*

"I see some sort of COP. Other than that, nothing but woods. Please, help."

"Over..."

*Static ensues until the eventual death of the signal.*

Vandal    77

**Curran looks over a Leary with a shocked look on his face.**  “Was that just me or did someone just say US Marines?

**Leary cracks a smile.** “Vandal…you weren’t going crazy, could he be one of the guys we’re looking for?…Hey Senior Chief, do you remember if there was a SSgt Hall with Grizzly’s group?

**Gremlin shakes his head..** “No Sir, I don’t recall a SSgt Hall, although y'all would know the names more than me

**Hearing the opinions of his teammembers Curran comes to a decision** “Alright well I guess we’ll respond and see what happens…

SSgt Hall this is Raptor Actual, copy your last.. Can you provide a SITREP and your current POS, how copy?”

Kilo    1

**Thomas was hiking up one of the many hills in the area when his radio picked up some radio traffic**

"This is Grizzly 2, I read you, Raptor Actual. You are coming in 2-by-5. Do you copy, over?"

Vandal    77

“We got a hit… its Grizzly 2…”

**Curran states matter-of-factly**

“Its about time we heard from someone else… though it seems like he can’t quite hear us well…. must be on the edge of our range… let me move the transmitter to the roof of the building so maybe we can get a little more reach out of the rig”

**Leary says as he breathes a sigh of relief**

“Good thinking Woods… get it done fast I don’t want to keep him waiting for our response if it actually is Grizzly out there.”

“Moving as fast as I can without breaking our delicate machine here… hey Gremlin gimme a boost over here!”

**Leary and Gemmel move the radio equipment to the roof, which takes about 5 minutes, as Curran prepares to send out his response**

“Okay Sir, Woods says you should be good to go.”

**Gemmel says poking his head into the structure**

“Grizzly-2 this is Raptor Actual, copy your last. Do you still enjoy your black coffee in the morning, Over”

-snip-

*Hall hears the men conversing over the radio and then replies*

"Sir, orders are to locate and contain all infected civilians. Lost radio contact about 6 months back

while stationed around Lake Beloe. My men and I decided to stay put and wait for exfil."

*Hall takes a second to think as he remembers what happened to his men.*

"Exfil never arrived, sir."

*Hall then looks around to see if anyone is near and begins to read off a near road sign*

"Not sure what this shit says, but if this shit was English, it reads...

Mike. Bravo. India. Whisky. Kilo. November. Hotel. Oscar." [//Myshkino]

*Hall takes a second to catch his breath*

"How copy? Over."

*Halls releases the transmission button and begins to drink from the well he found in town.*

"God I hope this water is clean..."

Kilo    1

**Thomas moves up to an area with higher elevation with the hopes of getting a better radio signal and waits, his radio soon picking up another transmission**

"Raptor Actual, this is Grizzly 2. I read you 5-by-5. The coffee was mighty fine this morning. How are your Fenway franks, over?"

Vandal    77

This guy seems authentic…I’m setting a rally point so get ready to move out in 5 Mikes.. Leary head down to the stream and refill our canteens.

Copy LT

**Curran pulls out his map and scans for an RV point.**

SSgt Hall this is Raptor Actual solid copy, current POS is Mike. Bravo. India. Whisky. Kilo. November. Hotel. Oscar, Break.. If you are mobile, move to RV Foxtrot. Alpha. Charlie. Tango. Oscar. Romeo. Yankee. , Break.. at grid 114, 078, how copy

Gentlemen, this is without a doubt Grizzly 2

**Curran yells over to Leary and Gemmel, then responds to the transmission**

Grizzly 2 this is Raptor Actual, My Fenway franks are fantastic although I could use a Sam Adams right about now. Move to grid 135, 114, how copy

"Grid is 135,  114.  Looks to be about a days hike sir.... should I start packing up now?"

**Curran nods in approval at Gemmels question.**

Guest Zerozael   
Guest Zerozael

*Jake's radio sparks up into life, throwing him into a rude awakening, he grabs his rifle, pointing towards the door of the abandoned wooden house, realising how close his radio was to his ear during his slumber, he grabs it pushing the transmit button with one hand and speaks abruptly into it with a sense of urgency.*

"Raptor Actual this is Grizzly 5, I read you loud and clear, copy?"

Vandal    77

**James started to unpacked his backpack and lay various supplies on the ground in front of them.  Everything was soaked and needed sometime to dry out. As he pulled items out, a small plastic container fell to the ground. James opened it and let out a yell “THANK GOD” as he found a dry set of batteries for his radio. He quickly fumbled around to open the battery cover on the radio and managed to replace them. James turned the power knob and set his frequency to his normal primary channel. James left his pack and walked over to a near tree where he sat down for a few minutes to collect his thoughts. Holding the radio in his hands he keys the mic..**

“Raptor-2 this is Raptor-Actual…Over…………Raptor-2 this is Raptor-Actual…Over……static…..Woods...this is Vandal please respond buddy.........”

**James became startled by a vehicle driving up to the structure 100 meters from him. He rushes back to his backpack to throw everything in it and move off. While he is doing that he keys the mic one last time.**

“Woods I’m up and relocating to another position, I’ll contact you again soon....You better not have gotten yourself killed…”

Gisnet6    4

**Woods, upon hearing the broadcast of Raptor Actual, groggily slumps across the floor the table cross the room in the small one bedroom apartment in which he was hole up in.  He makes it halfway there when the second trasmition starts.**

"Dammit Vandal hold on a minute you better still be there after I dragged my ass all the way outta bed."

**Making sure to brace himself properly to avoid further injury to his bound foot he Woods lifted himself up to a chair at the table and hastily replied to the broadcast**

"Raptor-Actual ths is Raptor-2 over."

Vandal    77

**James took a long stare at the rag in his hands…After a few seconds he quickly stuffs it in his pocket and looks around. He picks up his mic and begins to speak**

“Raptor Team this is Actual…disengage from current maneuvers, break… move to RV-BOSTON…How Copy Over”

**As he releases the mic, you can see a very unsettling look in his eyes...James walks over to a nearby rock and begins to carve something into the side as he waits for his teams acknowledgement.**

Edited by Vandal

Vandal    77

**James nervously maneuvers behind boulders on the the of a nearby hill. As he pauses for a moment he uses his radio, you can see his hand shake as he uses the PTT.**

Woods….This Vandal Over?..... Woods….. Don’t wait up for me buddy... You keep everyone together and you keep them moving….  I’m real sorry t…

**The transmission stops for a moment, however it begin transmitting again. You can hear shots impacting near the radio.**

James...I’m going home to see Andrea and the kids……...I’m going home to see my family.....

Gisnet6    4

**Woods worriedly gripped his radio as he started to run towards Vandal's AO**

"Jesus Christ Vandal don't you do this to me... what are you dealing with? GIVE ME DETAILS GODDAMMIT! OVER."

**Nothing is heard from the radio within the next 30 seconds so Woods picks up the pace as he breathes out**

"Vandal respond."

"I'll be there soon buddy just hold on." Woods mouths out as he continues to close in on the gunfire.

Gisnet6    4

**With great care not to jostle Vandal too much Woods continues to move through the forest while Vandal is out cold laying on top of the improvised stretcher.  Now that they were a good distance away from open danger area Woods proceeds to contact Gremlin**

"Raptor 5 this is Raptor 2.  I have Vandal with me and I am Oscar Mike to RV Toronto. Be advised Vandals is down. I repeat Vandal is down. Multiple lacerations to his back and he took some fire to his legs.  Current condition is unclear still moving away from the AO. ETA is 1300 tomorrow. How Copy? Over."

This is Gremlin. Radio check! I have broken off from the main group. They are heading to go live up north all alone and didn't care about the rest of the team. I'm on my own right now. Hopefully only for a bit. I'm sure I'll run into someone from my group sooner or later. Going to look for a chopper I saw go down somewhere near Green mountain. Hopefully it doesn't get stripped before I get to it. Be safe out there gents. Gremlin OUT!.

Gisnet6    4

**Woods arrives at the coastline he was instructed to be at for a resupply meetup with Vandal.  But that was supposed to go down at dawn so he could be back into the hills as soon as possible, the only problem with that is .... that it was now well into the afternoon and Woods had not seen head or tail of his comrade or the party of people he was staying with.  Nor did he see any movement across the straight where the whole lot of them was staying which was... worrying to say the least.**

**Night had not fallen and with the last of any illumination from the island Woods was fairly certain no one was coming to the meetup.  That being the case he moved to higher ground to attempt to contact Vandal via radio and find out just what was going on.**

"Raptor Actual this is Raptor 2.  Over."

Vandal    77

**Vandal begins transmitting*

"Raptor Two this is Raptor Actual, send your traffic.. Over"

**The transmission stops**

Vandal    77

**Vandal begins transmitting*

"Raptor Two this is Raptor Actual,  Current POS is 097027... BREAK...Oscar mike to 105025... How Copy.. Over"

**The transmission stops**

Grime Stein    42

*Presses the transmission button*

"This is Mike Delta Two Seven to Raptor Actual."

*Pause*

"This is Mike Delta Two Seven to Raptor Actual. Do you copy? Over."

*Releases the transmission button*

Gisnet6    4

**Woods lifts his head up from the rock he was laying on and looks over at the direction that Vandal headed in to take a shower.**

"VANDAL! .... VANDAL!..... Guess can't hear me...." Yells Woods trying to get the attention of Vandal.. but to no avail.

"Mike Delta Two Seven this is Raptor 2. Send your traffic. Over."

**Woods releases the transmission button while pondering why Vircum is the one making contact and not Sutherland.**

Grime Stein    42

*Leans on the rock overlooking the city below him, eyes searching as his radio lights up with the static of the channel. Taking his radio from his vest he looks it over for a moment before tuning it a bit*

"Solid copy Raptor Two. Requesting current POS. How copy? Over."

Gisnet6    4

**Thinking to himself for a moment, Woods, begins to respond to Vircum.**

"Mike Delta Two Seven this is Raptor 2. Unable to provide our POS currently. Break. What is the situation. Over."

**Upon releasing the button Woods returns to lacing up his left boot as he watches over the meat sizzling on the frying pan over the fire.**

Grime Stein    42

*Vircum frowns for a moment while looking about the area around him before looking back to his radio*

"Separated from Long Dog 1. Break. Deemed unfit for continued survival. How copy?"