Jump to content
Server time: 2017-08-19, 18:51

Sign in to follow this  
Finn

[Open Frequency] Hunting chat

Recommended Posts

Finn    76

-- Alek would pick up his radio, just finishing a chapter of Romeo and Julia. --

-- Alek would let off a calm sigh before he lifts the radio to his mouth --

-- He would press down on the transmit button --

"Hello, umm.. I am.."

-- He would pause a moment --

"- I am Sova, I am hunter and I have been looking for good hunting area, either in north or south.

I don't go to Kabanino, Stary Sobor or Novy Sobor, I just need good area. Even if you want to

stick together and hunt, it would be great. I need good hunting friend, maybe if you want to trade

too I would love to, but I will bring security."

-- He would pause once again --

"If anyone is on this frequency it would be very helpful if any fellow hunters could give me advice on

on good spots, it would be much appreciated."

"Even if anyone would just like a simple conversation I would love to have one I haven't spoken to a fellow hunter in long time."

-- Alek would release the transmit button --

-- Alek would put down his radio, waiting for an answer while he reads another chapter of Romeo and Julia --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giraffel    95

*An old man walking on the road hears Sova's message. He grabs his radio and a mixture of a Slavic and London accent can be heard after he clicked the "TALK" button.*

"Hello Sova, I am not a hunter myself but if you are looking for cows you should visit the forests that are close to North Eastern Airport. I passed through that area a few times and I saw a cow every time I've been there. They seem to run in smaller groups, so that should be good for you."

*pauses for a bit to put his sunglasses on*

"And also check West, around Zelenogorsk. I was able to spot a few boars and deer there. I think it was less than a week ago. Definitely worth checking if you are close."

*Vilem clicks the "TALK" button again and the transmssion ends*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Finn    76

-snip-

- Alek would hear the man talk, he would smile -

- Alek would pick up the radio and press the transmit button -

"Thanks so much friend, I will make sure to visit those parts. This will help me a lot."

- Alek would release the transmit button -

- Alek picks up his book and continues to read -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavioliKing    10

*Whilst out scavenging for berries, Henry hears his radio buzzing in his backpack, which he'd dropped a few feet away from him*

*Henry runs over to the backpack, pulls out his radio and hears the transmission*

*Henry presses down on the radios transmit button and brings the radio close to his mouth*

Hey Sova, was it? My names Henry. So, hunting, ay? I wouldn't call myself a hunter exactly, but I like to think I have a decent shot, ya' know. 

Hunting is something that could for sure come in handy, since I know there's more too it then having a half-decent shot, that's for sure.

And I'm just about fed up of eatin' fu**ing berries all day.

If you'd maybe be happy to meet up and perhaps teach me the ropes, I'd really appreciate it!

*Henry let's go of the transmit button, eagerly awaiting the mans reply*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Finn    76

-snip-

-- He would press down on the transmit button --

"Oh awesome, maybe we should bring this conversation to a private frequency and set up a meeting point. Do you have a private frequency?"

-- He would release the transmit button --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Fred hears the familiar voice, but is unsure why he is using an alias. Regardless, he reaches for the radio in his vest, holds it close to his mouth, and holds down the PTT button*

"Hey uhh...Sova. I would say that hunting areas depend on what you are hunting. If you are going for Boar, the southern shore to the east of Chernogorsk is a very good spot. When moving along it, stick to the inland side of the road and keep an eye on the openings in the woods every now and then. For Deer, I would recommend somewhere to the East of the North-Western airfield. There will be a castle, and just to it's South-East, there is a large opening and a couple of churches in the area. That opening is great for spotting herds of deer. Cows I found mainly to the North of Berezino...but they're everywhere, really"

*Fred releases the PTT button for a moment and looks around. He was sure someone was around*

"...Anyhow, good hunting, Sova..."

*Fred would wait for a moment. Silence. He brings the radio even closer to his mouth and whispers in the radio*

"Remember to keep your head down when hunting, cover your trail, and watch your back, friend. Name's Fred if you wish to contact me. I'll tune into this frequency often so you can contact me right here...*sound of branches snapping* shit gotta g-"

*Transmission ends*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Otter    103

Anton stands up from the card game with his friends.

"Deal me out next round." He says back to the table as he walks over to the table with the radio set. He takes a puff of his cigarette before clicking on the transmit switch.

"Hey pal. You want to do some hunting eh? Well why don't you try up north near Sinistok or whatever the fuck its called. There are some New World Dogs up there that need to be put out of their misery. Consider it a public courtesy."

Anton sets down the microphone and returns to his game, slams home another shot, and takes a drag off his smoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZASWolf    9

*Mason stumbles upon the transmission, he listens intently for a while. Raising an eyebrow as he hears some familiar voices. He holds down the transmission button*

There are many good hunting spots, it is good to spread your hunting around rather than keep it in one area, so we don't lose too many animals or disrupt the ecosystem. That...uhhh...Fred? guy knew what he was talking about. I'd listen to him. Personally, I don't hunt often in those spots. I've got a more private place you could say. Anyway it's good to hear the voice of a fellow hunter, if you ever need anyone to tag along with, whether it's for hunting or just for company i'll be listening. Names Mason by the way.

*The transmission ends abruptly*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavioliKing    10

*Sitting at a table, rummaging through his backpack, Henry hears Sova's reply*

*He picks up the radio, and transmits his reply*

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm glad to know they're still good people out there. People willing to help. 

Anyways, I uhh.. Don't have a private frequency no, I barely know how to work this thing,

this is ancient technology to what I was used to, before all this sh*t happened, obviously.

I'm rambling, sorry, if there's a frequency you'd prefer, or you have a private frequency,

let me know, I'll do my best to figure this thing out. 

*Henry releases the transmit button and places his radio on the table*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Finn    76

-Snip-

-- Alek would listen to the man speak of the New World Mafia. He would laugh, but then he would quickly frown --

-- He would put the radio up to his mouth --

-- He would press down on the transmit button --

-- He would speak in a light Chernarussian accent, with slightly broken english --

"Hello.. "pal", I was part of the New World Mafia. You don't need to worry about them no more, I am sorry to say you won't have any luck finding them, since the group is no longer existent."

"I am just packing up to go on trip, I'm leaving New World Mafia camp. Oh, and just little information, they haven't been in Sinistok for Week. If you have beef with them I understand, they do bad business sometimes. Thus, why I leave group."

"Best of luck to you."

-- Alek would release the transmit button --

-- He would go back to watching the countryside for wildlife --


-snip-

-- He would press down on the transmit button --

-- He would speak in a light Chernarussian accent, with slightly broken english --

"As for you my friend, I will get back to you soon. I will see if I can find a vacant and private channel to contact you on."

"Best of luck to you as well."

-- Alek would release the transmit button --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavioliKing    10

*Henry picks up his radio, presses the transmit button and sends his message*

Alright, I'll be on this frequency for the mean time. Soon as you have one for us, just let me know man!

*He releases the transmit button, and places his radio in his pocket*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Fred sits down behind a tree. Panting, he picks up the radio and holds down the PTT button*

"Hey uhh...I assume this is the hunting frequency, yea? Well I just wanted to ask: what good are .22lr rounds? Not only against infected, but against larger game. I only ever used a .22 for varmint hunting, so I dont know how it will do with larger game..."

*Fred releases the PTT button and regains his breath. He puts the radio back in his vest and begins to move again*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Finn    76

-snip-

-- He would listen, then snicker a bit --

-- Alek would press down on the transmit button --

"I've tried even using an AK-74 on larger game, doesn't do any good. For rabbits, chicken and Fox you might want to use .22 for its accuracy, and rate of fire. but on larger game that will be around 8 to 10 shots you will need to get on target while the animal is running away."

"If you want to hunt larger game, the most effective would be a Winchester or Blaze 95, if you want to risk being a high target, you can go ahead and use a Dragunov if you'd like."

-- Alek would release the transmit button --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZASWolf    9

*Mason hears the familiar voice, quickly grabbing his radio and holding down the transmission button*

.22 rounds are good for deer and smaller animals, but when you say "big game".. how big are we talking exactly? 

Personally, I've killed a mature White Tail doe with a .22 rifle and it penetrated the skull no problem. Now she was a huge Doe. I shot her at approximately 30-35 yards away, 'cuz I feel that to be accurate when shooting a deer with a .22, one should be close. 

*There is a short pause* 

.22 fire  can and will take down deer sized targets with one well placed HEAD SHOT and i mean very well placed. Wouldn't advocate personally unless you're desperate and a good shot. However, I've never tried to kill any infected with that type of caliber ammo but I assume it would do some damage and most likely kill one with a head shot. So hope that clears it up for you man, but i usually stick to my trusty Mosin. 

*The transmission ends*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest

* Sean decides to pitch into a random conversation once again, he holds down the transmit button *

I hunt people ... Not animals.

* Static Ensues *

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZASWolf    9

*Mason raises an eyebrow at the strange mans transmission, he decides to respond*

Then fuck off

*The transmission ends abruptly*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest

* Sean hears an almost instant reply, his eyes widen as the man talks big, he holds down the transmit button *

Hostile aren't we? Shame its over the radio, if we met in real life you'd be shaking in your boots Mr radio warrior.

* He giggles *

People who use language like that clearly have a set vocabulary and can't expand beyond it, anyway to whoever wanted to go hunting ... I usually check big towns for families who are struggling to survive and invite them in for a brew.

* He laughs manically *

Especially the children ... Elspeth was tasty, i'm sure that guy who calls me "Bear" is here and if you are, Elspeth is the little girl that you heard over the radio a long time ago ...

* Static *

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZASWolf    9

*Masons eyes narrow, he grips the radio tightly. Appalled at what the strange man says. He sighs, and reluctantly holds down the transmit button*

I could expand on it, but for the likes of you...I'd rather not. Hey, I HAVE AN IDEA! *Excitedly* Why don't you come find out for yourself? I mean i only told you to fuck off, never tried to threaten or hurt you. I have no reason to. Yet.

*static*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Finn    76

- Alek would pick up the radio and press the transmit button -

"It's hunter versus hunter, I guess. Well, "pal" I get it.. you're a killer, you want people to be scared of you. We get it, now shut it."

- Alek would release the transmit button -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest

* Sean hears the response, he smirks as he holds down the transmit button *

Yet? Ooh, is that a threat? The naughty swear word that you said wasn't very nice and was not needed in any way.

* He makes a noise to make it sound as if he is unhappy *

I'm around, i won't become clear to the eye straight away but if we ever meet lets hope that you rethink what you just said and not at the end of a barrel, yeah?

* He giggles as static overtakes the waves *

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZASWolf    9

*Mason picks up the radio and transmits*

He wants attention. Don't give it to him. Maybe he didn't get enough as a kid. *sighs*

*static*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest

* He smirks once more at the response, he holds down the transmit button *

I've heard that more times than you've heard your loved ones scream as they're being devoured by the undead.

* He giggles once more *

Do you have children? You seem like the kind of guy who'd defend his daughter from anything, mind telling me where she is if you have one that is ...

* He laughs manically *

Your mother really wouldn't appreciate this attitude towards strangers, as they say when your a kid ... "Respect your elders"

* Static *

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Finn    76

- Alek would pick up the radio and press the transmit button -

"Anyways, lets have a peaceful conversation here. How is life?."

- Alek would release the transmit button -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZASWolf    9

*Mason growls angrily, he picks up the radio and transmits*

"Radio warrior" *he laughs* So you're deranged and a hypocrite...not a good combo. Anyways i got some place to be, but i'll be listening. Feel free to knock yourself out on this frequency.

*static*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-snip-

*Fred hears the transmission. His stomach knots as Kelly finishes his transmission. Elspeth, huh? He picks up the radio and holds down the PTT button*

"Well, well, well...if it isnt the one and only S.Kelly. I'm still missing out on your first name, but I'll still call you Bear anyways. So...the girl that you were going to raise as your own ended up dead, huh? Shame...I was starting to like you, Bear, and you had fuck that up."

*Fred considers his next words carefully. He releases the PTT to take a deep, shaky breath. Slowly, he calms himself down. He holds down the PTT button, feeling calm and focused*

"You see, Bear, I'm a man of my word. I promised I wouldn't go after you and I intend to keep that promise...to an extent. I wont be there to watch you hunted down and tied up like a rabid dog, but it will happen, Bear. With my assistance or without it. Watch your back...us hunters dont like oblivious prey"

*Fred ends the transmission and puts the radio back in his vest. Looks like it's Bear season*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×