Server time: 2017-10-22, 17:27
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
LastPlaceHero

Accidentally Bad

So we have all done it before. Tried something new, be it a play style or a way you dress or speak.

I'd like to hear about peoples experiences in trying new things only to find out that things are not so easy.

I'm sure we all have that one story.

My most recent story I can think of is I was trying to do an older persons voice. Now in person I can do it rather well, but for some reason once it hits the mic and goes in game, it is... well it is just awful.

What makes this funny? The fact that sometimes like in this case you have no clue till after the fact.

I can only imagine those poor souls who had to interact with me. :P

I also feel compelled to ask, has anyone else ever been going full operator with their squad only to be foiled by a small gate or wall?

I mean I can get into some real shit shows and be ok, but dear god a small 3 foot tall gate just ends me.

Keira    1470

I cannot vault to save my life... also I cannot mimic any accent.

Frosty    0

Well I play as a child in game and I have to do the kid voice in-game. I like my voice, I can go deep and high, but I can't do a girl voice. My character might come off trolly because I wear a ducky outfit in-game (Yellow rain coat, Orange Bonnie hat, and Blue cargo paints.) And I talk about random stuff that pops up in my imagination. To be honest a lot of people like my character in-game because it's unique and cute <3

Trying new things can be hard, but it can turn out to be really fun to grow that character.

Keira    1470

-snip-

This is very true Scotty. In general, find a roleplay style or role that makes you happy and just go with it. Don't let people keep you from trying new things. As long as you are having fun, who really cares what everyone else thinks? I love your character Scotty and I am glad you are progressing him in a way that makes -you- happy and furthers your RP experience as well as challenges you to play a role that was once completely out of your comfort zone.

Mamba    0

Was roleplaying with Volke and me and Enigma had taken him hostage. We were running him to Lopatino and talking to him IC, all the sudden his cellphone went off and me and Enigma asked him "What the fuck was that?" and he replied "It's my pager" Honestly the hardest I have laughed in game till this day

Asriel    0

I've... Had experience playing an old man and yeah. The voice can get pretty hard to pull off. You should ask Joffrey for pointers :P

Mathematics    0

That moment when your mind goes blank for a character's name and you accidentally say their forum name... And everyone just stops talking, there's that awkward silence, and all you can do is type //Oops...

First time every encountering anybody on the server (after aimlessly wandering around for hours), I was going to do this badass Daniel Day Lewis from "There Will Be Blood" impression. I seemed to do it well when I practiced, but once I tried to apply it, nervous as hell, totally sounded like a terrible Sean Connery, then quickly devolved into this wacky faux-British thing.

"Ah yesh, is there a watering hole about. Err.."

Had to log off and make up a new character/voice.

IAmJackBandit    80

I tried RPing as a black once and it came of extremely stereotypical and didn't go well at all, the funny thing is that I am actually black o_O

HAHAHAH jack I remember the time you asked me if I was I almost fell out of my chair.

The Ducky thing seems hilarious.

Sometimes on pubs I like to strip down to my skinnies and jump into the ocean and swim around making noises like a fish.

Can't tell you how funny 10-12 people all laughing at you making mantee sounds and swimming in the surf is.

*Note I was shot and skinned once beached*

Natje    14

I tried playing a deaf and non-speaking character.

So I was walking alone towards Stary, when I suddenly hear someone talking to me. I can't react to it, cause I'm deaf, but I already instinctively stopped. So what I do is, pull my binos and start staring aimlessly into the distance. After a few seconds of them trying to talk to me, they walk next to me, so I can finally "notice" their presence. It lead to some of the most awkward RP I've ever been the cause of.

Later, I tried making the character speaking to make it less awkward. (Rather than RP'ing having a blackboard and chalk.) But I didn't enjoy it, so I walked off and blew myself up with a grenade.

I try my hardest to at one point play a Chinese character but i couldn't bring myself to speak mandarin in front of westerners, just felt wrong. So instead I turned him into a suit wearing, fedora daunting sociopath called fortune.

Oh yeah, and I'm trying to speak in a Russian accent but keep forgetting I'm no longer playin fortune and ends up speaking regularly for a brief period of time. Basically you hear the greatings of a normal person then the voice of a very retarded Russian, cause... My accent is utter AIDS

Honestly that never ceases to crack me up.

So much salt in this community over so many things, yet we all recognize sometimes you just forget to / or not do a voice.

Imagine my friends face as she walks into a room to ask me for some help only to be greeted by a very shitty old lady voice screaming " MARGE MARGE WERE THE HELL ARE MY GLASSES!?!? ".

Hebee    2681

I am horrible at accents I always slip out of them or end up changing them mid sentences... Or just forget to do them entirely.

I've practiced them a lot but to no avail, oh well #foreigner4life

Hebee    2681

#WesternByAccident

Worst part is having cherno Russians hate you because oocly you cant compete

That's why I am currently engaging in a project to kill all of the chernarussians IC. Learn them to tell me to leave their country