Server time (UTC): 2020-01-26, 16:07 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cammarshall10

Clan Skins

Guest cammarshall10

Hey guys just wondering when the clan skins will be released me and my clan Civil SAS really want them, thanks! :D

Guest Cadan

I recall Rolle saying

'Not in the near future'

Or something like that.

They are a planned feature, obviously it is encouraged that players organize their own in the meantime.

It was supposed to come with the dayzrp mod if I recall correctly, by now my hopes for it coming equals zero. :)

It was supposed to come with the dayzrp mod if I recall correctly, by now my hopes for it coming equals zero. :)

It really would not be that hard provided you had the right software. Creating a new outfit would be hard but a new skin texture not so much. For example you could take the existing US soldier skin which is mostly MARPAT camo with a tatical vest open up the skin in an adobe program and just paint over the MARPAT with a different camo and paint over the tac vest with a different color. Painting a skin is comparatively simple compared to making an actual new skin model outfit using an expensive program like maya or mudbox. Painting would create a new look but still be the same outfit. You could paint over it with other camos like CADPAT (Candian) (I call first dibs on CADPAT if that happens), ACU (US), Multicam (US), Flectarn (German), DPM (British), M05 Woodland (Finnish), Vegetato (Italian), Pantera (Polish), Amoeba (Russian) TAZ 87 (Switzerland), Lizard pattern (Brazilian), and AUSCAM (Australia). If you just paint each of those camos over the existing four (i think) US skins, that would make 48 new skins you could use. Like i said just painting doesn't require much skill because the angles and skin mesh are already created, your just changing the color. Hope it helps, cheers.

Don't forget Irish DPM, :D

There was a lot of camos i left out Irish DPM being one of them just because I didn't want to ramble on about 100 different camos although the possibility is there.

Be patient, they are a feature that will be implemented soon, but not for now (especially with all the newcomers :) )

Be patient! and stay tuned ;)

Be patient, they are a feature that will be implemented soon, but not for now (especially with all the newcomers :) )

Be patient! and stay tuned ;)

Don't worry, for CADPAT I'll wait. I was just trying to help by showing how easy it is.

Soon. Haha.

Probably won't ever happen :P

Guest Grumby

Something I will look forward to if it ever comes. In the meantime it's not a deal breaker for me. Do what you gotta do first (bugs, rules etc.) Then work on this when you have the time, don't rush anything and you will keep the large player count for months. GG

~MacTavish

I don't understand why implementing clan skins is difficult. Can someone who knows about it (Rolle/GM etc) explain it? Isn't it just saying: this clan has this exclusive skin and allow them to activate it upon a new life? This could surely be linked to the clan panel. Can't that be a temporary thing until the person automatically spawns with it?