Server time: 2017-10-22, 02:51
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Harry Lorentzo

Character Reset.

Question

Hi , I am a  student in greece and i havent played that much in dayzrp cause of the final exams.In the limited time that i have to play tho i would like to ask if i can reset my character and basically start a new one to make a fresh start.So is that possible and if so what I need to do?

11 answers to this question

Hagger    117

It is possible,

If you want to change your character model you have suicide first though, but make sure you do that in desolate place where aren't any other players.

If the model is fine with you and you just want to use a different character, switch the name from menu screen.

It is possible,

You have suicide first though, but make sure you do that in desolate place where aren't any other players.

ok then...I was thinking about that but i thought is against the rules to kill yourself for no reason by RP standards.Thanks .

Randle    932

You would have to kill yourself IG in a quiet place where you wouldn't be interrupting anyones roleplay.

It is possible,

If you want to change your character model you have suicide first though, but make sure you do that in desolate place where aren't any other players.

If the model is fine with you and you just want to use a different character, switch the name from menu screen.

so i can change my name without killing the old guy  and it will change my character?

Dustin    0

So I understand this question a bit more, you are wanting a fresh start (New spawn) Yes at any time you can start a new character, or you can simply keep the current one you have and change the name and start off fresh with what gear you currently have. If you are wanting to completely start fresh due to race or something you can always "kill yourself" in a area nobody would be so it don't brake others immersion/Consist of BadRP/NVFL.

I suggest just changing name thus starting a new character.

But it's up to you, you can always start a new character at any point just remember you will have to re learn everything you know IC again.

Hebee    2675

Generally people just change their names and then voila you are on a different character.

If you need a different model as parran stated you can f11 somewhere in the middle of the woods where no one is around and it will not affect anyone's rp.

Asriel    0

Yes, if you wish to start anew you can do so by just changing your in game name and clothes and just playing a different character, this is usually the best option as suicides can be seen as getting towards NVFL. Changing name and playing as a different character is all that is needed. That said, a single suicide to change appearance won't get you a ban for NVFL so long as no one else is around.

So I understand this question a bit more, you are wanting a fresh start (New spawn) Yes at any time you can start a new character, or you can simply keep the current one you have and change the name and start off fresh with what gear you currently have. If you are wanting to completely start fresh due to race or something you can always "kill yourself" in a area nobody would be so it don't brake others immersion/Consist of BadRP/NVFL.

I suggest just changing name thus starting a new character.

But it's up to you, you can always start a new character at any point just remember you will have to re learn everything you know IC again.

Now I got it thanks!!!

Hagger    117

It is possible,

You have suicide first though, but make sure you do that in desolate place where aren't any other players.

ok then...I was thinking about that but i thought is against the rules to kill yourself for no reason by RP standards.Thanks .

Killing youself in trolly manner in a middle of a crowded area would be NVFL.

You are allowed to kill yourself only if you are changing character model. NOT if you just want to another spawn location.

Asriel    0

Glad to see your question has been answered! If you have any more questions or queries feel free to respond to this thread. /solved

Rory    1587

just remember you will have to re learn everything you know IC again.

I would just like to elaborate on this a little bit.

Your new character can not know any events that happened on your old character such as character relationships with groups or people and basically anything that involved your old character.

So any groups your character had fights with (Or Individuals), any relationships he might have had and possible inside information regarding people, groups etc.

Taking such information and using it for your new character is metagaming and a rule-break.