Server time: 2017-10-21, 23:24
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Jellydonut78

The Bard

The world has gone to hell. Everything that once was, is gone. There is little hope for survival. On the off chance that man is able to rebuild, it is likely that they will be demolished again by a petty war or some other nightmare that still hides in the shadows. Nobody knows what caused this. Quite frankly, I don't care. Everything before this point is now lost to the ages. But man can come back. All it takes is for us to finally learn that we are all in the same boat. We are fighting the same enemy. We are trying to survive in the same damned world. Once we realize this, we can rebuild. It will take time. It will take energy. It will take blood and tears. But we can rebuild. We all have a part in this. Every person needs to help if we even stand the slightest chance. Some people will need to be able to reestablish a steady supply of food. Others will need to reinstate some form of government. But all of us need to stay together.

What is my role in this whole thing? I am going to make sure that everybody knows that there is a glimmer of hope, no matter how small it may be. I will tell the stories  of the land to those passing by, and all I ask for is an occasional can of beans. We can never let our tales be lost. I ask that whoever I meet, whoever I see, whoever decides they want a future, tell me your story. It is not just a story, it is a miracle. Every person alive has a story to tell. I will spin an epic tale of heroics and banditry, of good and evil, of light and dark. Those willing to make a name for themselves will earn a place in such a tale. Whether it be a simple way to pass the time around a campfire, or a way to praise those who are fighting for good, it will be known. I dream that people will come together in a pub, lay their weapons at the door, sit around and listen to the days tale. As they all listen to The Bards Song, they know that the future is uncertain. They know what awaits them when they walk out the door. But with everything that awaits them, they stay to hear the stories of a man whose name has been lost to the dark. That man is me, and I am The Bard.

Sign in to follow this