Server time: 2017-08-19, 09:31

Sign in to follow this  
Jowad Berekdar

Theoretical situation; Would I have Kill rights/OK by rules?

Question

So here is the theoretical scenario:

I am walking along a railway somewhere in the south, pretty far from civilization. Out of nowhere, three people walk up to me and start talking. For any reason that is valid by RP, they get pissed off at me and initiate. They rob/hurt/torture me, and then leave after sufficient RP is provided by both sides. Now, I go after those three without them knowing that I am following them.

Some time later, the three take a break and set up a campfire and sit around it. It has been less that two hours since they initiated on me.

Now, the question: Do I have the right to open fire at and kill those three? Assuming the hostile RP they provided was hostile enough to cause my character to want to kill them. Am I allowed to engage them without walking up to them/re-initiating? (still within the two-hour mark here)

I have not had any hostile RP yet which is surprising, but I just wanna be prepared in case something like that does happen, as my character is not the close-up-and-personal type, and would probably pick them off at a distance.

15 answers to this question

Hebee    2216

Yes the initiation/ robbing of you grants you the ability to kill them as long as it has not been 2 hours yet, however keep in mind that role play should always be your top priority so if you have the chance to re initiate without risking your life I would say take that road.

Oliv    1552

You can take revenge for a hostile action taken against you for 2 hours from the time hostile action was taken, as long as it does not conflict with the other rules.

My understanding of the rules is, yes, you can essentially kill them on sight if it is within the 2 hour revenge mark as you say it is.

Now, how you handle that, is up to you. If you got good RP out of them, why not give it back?

Ellie    335

I'd also like to add, if you do indeed take the route of killing them (even though i highly suggest you shouldn't) you must also keep in mind that it cannot clash with any other rule-break.

Hebee    2216

Another thing about this I would like to bring up is that you are allowed to kill them because they initiated/robbed you. You say you have not experienced hostile RP yet so let me say this, you can receive hostile RP without getting KOS rights, just keep that in mind when you do run into someone who is trying to bully you / strong arm you.

Yes the initiation/ robbing of you grants you the ability to kill them as long as it has not been 2 hours yet, however keep in mind that role play should always be your top priority so if you have the chance to re initiate without risking your life I would say take that road.

-snip-

My understanding of the rules is, yes, you can essentially kill them on sight if it is within the 2 hour revenge mark as you say it is.

Now, how you handle that, is up to you. If you got good RP out of them, why not give it back?

Ok thanks alot! I just wanted to be absolutely sure... you can mark this as solved btw

Hebee    2216

-snip-

Ok thanks alot! I just wanted to be absolutely sure... you can mark this as solved btw

Glad your questions were answered and we could clear this up for you!

/solved

I'd also like to add, if you do indeed take the route of killing them (even though i highly suggest you shouldn't) you must also keep in mind that it cannot clash with any other rule-break.

I'll go through the rules a couple more times to make sure that I got it all covered. Thanks!

Another thing about this I would like to bring up is that you are allowed to kill them because they initiated/robbed you. You say you have not experienced hostile RP yet so let me say this, you can receive hostile RP without getting KOS rights, just keep that in mind when you do run into someone who is trying to bully you / strong arm you.

Right Thanks for the help! I'll go through the rules again to make sure I got it all covered!

Phoenix    1048

In such situation, always remember the following:

- Make sure you value your own life and do not initiate on people that could easily shoot you back. 

- Be Sure that it is 100% the people that actually initiated on you. You do not want to mis identify anyone

I am glad we could answer your question.

Don't be shy to talk to any of us if there's anything else you would like to know!

Vaine    23

The 3 of them all sat around the camp.......GRENADE !!!!!!

The 3 of them all sat around the camp.......GRENADE !!!!!!

Worth the punishment xD But seriously last time I threw a grenade I only managed to kill myself

Boston    646

[align=left]Yes, you are most certainly allowed to kill them. As long as you are within your two hour KoS Rights timer, you have KoS Rights and can use them if you wish. However, if you wanted to further RP, you could re-initiate, but seeing as there are three of them, it would likely turn into an NVFL Scenario, thus leaving your options to:

[align=left]A. Kill them.

[align=left]B. Leave them be.

[align=left]Seeing as they are distracted by their camp, you have the element of surprise and could easily launch an attack and win.

[align=left]Always remember that you gain KoS when anyone initiates, and you have those rights for two hours. Also remember that this is an RP community, and not everything needs to end in a firefight.

[align=left]-Boston

Snip

it would likely turn into an NVFL Scenario

Snips some more

It's only NVFL if you lose ;)

Snip

it would likely turn into an NVFL Scenario

Snips some more

It's only NVFL if you lose ;)

*Grabs nades* Its not NVFL if they never stood a chance

If you are planning on going after 3 or a group of people by yourself,

make sure it does not end up in NVFL. Check this thread here, might help you out!

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-NVFL-Question--79299

Thank you for the link! Reading through it and I believe I completely got the hang of the idea. Now, time to 1v10 some people and live to tell the tale