Server time: 2017-10-20, 01:41
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Mike-Styles

Group Idea (feedback welcomed)

Mike-Styles    21

So I was thinking about making a group called the New Wastelanders Republic, or something along those lines. The TLDR of the group is that it is going to be a rag tad post apocalyptic group whose goals would be to set up there own city to start with and eventually an entire section of the map colonized by the group giving them an empire in Chenarus, also to destroy all other forms of civilization in the area so anyone seeking shelter would be forced to live under the groups rule. The group will consist of two different branches obviously a Political branch and a Military branch. This isn't going to be some group that you can just join to get into fights with other groups and people, it is going to a heavy RP intensive group however there will be hostile engagements with other groups and people purely because of the goals of the group.

So as the title says guys please give me any feedback or suggestions you may have with this type of a group and if you are interested in joining me just pm me or post bellow!

Issues    1

Honestly sounds pretty generic. Also my suggestion would to not try to be enemies with every settlement. Usually, that leads to becoming the enemy of the server.

Mike-Styles    21

Honestly sounds pretty generic. Also my suggestion would to not try to be enemies with every settlement. Usually, that leads to becoming the enemy of the server.

Yeah I was worried about it being to generic and I was looking for a way to spice the group up a bit I guess I will get to that part when I write the lore for the group!

Sounds like a good idea if you can get enough members. Is it too early to ask what would the groups ideals would be?

It's more than likely going to be a fascist state where we demand absolute loyalty and unity in our empire we set up.

Asriel    0

How would you go about setting up your own city if you're a "rag tag" group of survivors?

Bruce    0

Military branch and political branch? Kinda sounds like Zbor, which worked. It may be a bit generic, but go for it.

Mike-Styles    21

How would you go about setting up your own city if you're a "rag tag" group of survivors?

It would start out as a rag tag group of survivors roaming around and then once we find a place to settle down we will become more organized and then begin setting up our city, or something like that.

Military branch and political branch? Kinda sounds like Zbor, which worked. It may be a bit generic, but go for it.

Somewhat similar other than we will be comprised of all different types of ethnic backgrounds and not just one or two like zbor.

Oyface    342

Agreed. Maybe try to flesh it out a bit, figure out what makes you special and what separates you from the countless groups that have had the same goals.

Personally I don't think think this is a good idea, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't go for it. ;)

Sounds a lot like ZBOR, it's a good idea if you have the connections you get a shit ton of people to join. A lot of people have failed because they don't have the numbers. If you think you can pull it off, go for it. I personally wouldn't recommend it but hell, ain't my decision. I suggest if you are interested in making a group like this, you can and should consult Flashcrack, he's one of the Loremasters and was the owner of the ZBOR, a group similar to what you described

Samaritan    345

As some others have said this type of group has been done before, however I think anyone is going to find it difficult to come up with something original so I say go for it if this is what you'd like to create. What you need to do is concentrate on the internal RP within the group itself which will in turn hopefully create some interest RP for those outside the group, internal conflicts etc. Do some research first and come up with a compelling group lore which will then attract people into wanting to join such a group. Best of luck.

TheSilent12    2

Sounds kinda like Woodberry or Negan's group. I guess you will have to have like different politician positions as well as military positions. Its a good idea.

Stradic    286

It's a good idea. It will take a bit of work to get it up and running but if it's something you want to do I say go for it.

Dustup    125

Other groups have done this so I don't see why you couldn't.  As a word of warning though, once you claim an area of the map, you are going to have to deal with people coming to "test" you and your group constantly (or less frequently if the area is way out of the way). 

Also, it may not be necessary to "destroy all other forms of civilization" you could simply strong-arm people into recognising the area as belonging to your group and that they must therefore abide by your rules.  This will probably give you more RP opportunities with various people or camps that may be within what you determine to be your borders. 

Also, choose your area wisely.

zoyo    70

Settlement groups can be really good, they're hard work though. :)

Hebee    2665

This would be enormously difficult to achieve, based on the idea not only to destroy other attempted settlements, but also to have your own. You would constantly be in conflict not only with other groups but also trying to keep your city in line.

Not saying it can't be done, however you would need a massive roster of great roleplayers and PvP'ers. If you are going to do this I strongly suggest you put a lot of planning into this before you attempt it.

Mike-Styles    21

Whenever I put destroy all other settlements I need to change it to just opposing settlements that do not want to be indoctrinated into our "empire"

Chance    48

Sounds pretty much exactly like what we did in the ZBOR. It'll be extremely difficult for you, as even we struggled to colonise Zelenogorsk.

Wolfe    0

Yeah, this sounds a lot like the ZBOR and although it worked out for a while in the beginning; we all can see how it ended.

But a group idea is a group idea and with enough people and a dream, anything can happen.

Zero    459

I'll be honest with you, until they release the ability to construct walls, making settlements is rather pointless. What's the point in having this "safe zone", if anyone can just randomly walk up into the town? You'd have to have sentries and patrols consisting of at least four people in order for this to be effective at keeping out undesirables.

That's one thing the Prison Island has going for it. Easily defensible, easily patrolled, etc, (If you have enough manpower that is).

Honestly, it sounds like the town from TWD that the governor was the leader of. Also, it's getting pretty hard to come up with something *completely* original without going super crazy, the community is scraping the bottom of the barrel IMO. 

People are also forgetting that this was done far long before ZBOR came along. *Cough, cough* Joffrey's Kingdom anyone? Joffrey actually achieved those goals pretty well, to the point that there was very little conflict seeing as if you were allies with one of the many factions under the kingdom, you were pretty much allies with everyone. Come to think of it, lone bandits were usually hunted and executed. The only reason that was archived was due to people whining "Oh game of thrones". Even though many researchers have come to the conclusion that if some sort of apocalyptic event occurs, the most likely government system to rise would be a feudalistic type society.

Brodie    43

Honestly, I don't really see the whole point to this, I mean a group wants to own an entire section of Chernarus, and destroy all other means of shelter, and they live underground? I mean, how could you RP that out and how the hell could you destroy all the buildings and shit? Like, I mean, if you could actually make shit underground and destroy all the buildings, then maybe? But still it would kind of ruin everything for everyone else at the same time, sorry to say this, but I'm just being honest.

Mike-Styles    21

Honestly, I don't really see the whole point to this, I mean a group wants to own an entire section of Chernarus, and destroy all other means of shelter, and they live underground? I mean, how could you RP that out and how the hell could you destroy all the buildings and shit? Like, I mean, if you could actually make shit underground and destroy all the buildings, then maybe? But still it would kind of ruin everything for everyone else at the same time, sorry to say this, but I'm just being honest.

Underground?? and by destroy other forms of civilization I mean eliminate those that resist to live under our rule etc

Brodie    43

Underground?? and by destroy other forms of civilization I mean eliminate those that resist to live under our rule etc

I thought you said live underground or setup something underground, didn't you? What!?

I thought you said live underground or setup something underground, didn't you? What!?

Anyways, I'm Irish, it's too late in the evening, I'm also drunk.