Server time: 2017-10-21, 05:02
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Skipper

Server problems S1 EU?

Question

Skipper    1

Hey fellow survivors,

I tried to play on the S1 server for the last hour. Its been quite laggy and I needed to wait a minute or so to pick up items sometimes.

Player count also went down from 30ish to around 4 when I had to quit, so apparently I wasn't the only one.

Thing is, when I tried to relog to see if it changed anything I suddenly was a newspawn :/

Any way to get my character back? It took me a week to get all my character equipment together :S

10 answers to this question

Hebee    2670

Right now the servers are being extremely unstable, thus resulting in multiple character wipes tonight, if you have already been wiped and have moved around as your newly spawned character chances are you are not going to be able to get your equipment back, if you have not moved around and logged out immediately; do not attempt to log back in and wait till they are stable again and possibly your equipment will still be there.

Boston    776

Yeah, something's going on with the servers at the moment.

Just stay logged off and I'm pretty sure you'll be okay...

Got the same issue and spawned as a fresh spawn, tried changing servers numerous times, yet every time I switch back to server 1, my character gets reset again and I spawn as another fresh spawn

Defiance    96

To clarify, there is nothing we can do to restore lost characters or return any lost equipment. All you can do is either hope for the best and/or begin again as a fresh spawn. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. I think almost all of us have lost characters due to server issues or strange glitches. Unfortunately it's a part of the DayZ experience.

I looked around when I was in S1 earlier, and it seems people in pub servers are complaining about Hive issues, too.

Also noticed from watching the player list on a hunch that the server died when people tried joining, but would run fine once they loaded in a few minutes later.

when there is an issue with the server just hop off for a little while. It happens from time to time so be careful, when it's unstable it has a tendency to fuck you up, get you kicked off or kill you. So imo just hop off and play something else in the meantime

Hebee    2670

Sorry for any inconvenience or loss this has caused to you and anyone else, but at this time there is currently nothing we can do, hopefully the servers become stable soon.

Seeing as your question has been answered with the above posts I am going to mark this as /solved.

Asriel    0

It appears the central hive DDOS has stopped and the servers are now working properly. Characters should work now if you attempt to join, however if you connected during the time problems were occurring your character may have been wiped.

Skipper    1

Okay thanks for your help guys :)

Unfortunately my character seems to be gone, even though I logged out immediately after noticing that I was a newspawn :(

Well you live and you learn.