Server time: 2017-08-18, 21:53

Sign in to follow this  
Pablo Esco

Hello to the community

Pablo Esco    0

Hi

I have just submitted my application and am waiting for it to be reviewed so I hope to be joining you guys soon :). I'm looking forward to playing with such an immersive community and I hope I can add something positive !

Boston    645

Hello and welcome!

If you have any questions jump into the TeamSpeak. Otherwise you can PM a Community Helper...

Good luck on the whitelist, and have fun in this community! :)

-Boston

Welcome to the community man. 

Make sure you post somewhere other than Intro/Farewells, Forum Games, and Off-topic so your account isn't deleted for inactivity.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Hebee    2216

Welcome to the community man, If you have any quesitons or problems feel free to message a community helper such as I or hop into TS and join the help desk!

Enjoy your stay!

Pablo Esco    0

I will guys thank you! Its quite overwhelming trying to get to grips with all the different parts of the forum

Pablo Esco    0

Hi guys

I just go whitelisted. Ive read a lot of the guides about starting out as a newbie but I'm wondering if you guys can offer me any tips to get me started?

Thanks in Advance

Pablo

Terra    1367

Do not start as a Bandit.

Talk and interact with people you meet.

Do not run up to someone and pulse check them.

If you meet someone, start walking, not jogging.

The list is endless ;)

Try to RP a role. Dont be scared to get robbed and even if it happens and you loose your gear, it can be an awesome experience and you can gear up again.

Welcome to DayZRP!

If you have questions about the rules or in general, feel free to jump into helpdesk in TeamSpeak and talk to a member of Staff.

The newcomer-Guide is also very helpfull and has a great video in it!

http://www.dayzrp.com/guide

I think what Terra meant was

Start as a bandit.

Do not talk to anybody.

If you see somebody, pulse check them and run away.

If you decide to interact with somebody, it's best to sprint towards them.

Always remember, this is a RP server. Gear is your top priority.

Don't take that seriously.

When you're making a character, make sure that it's original. People nowadays don't like cliches. Sometimes the best thing to RP as is just a simple Chernarussian survivor.

Welcome to the community Pablo! :)

Hebee    2216

-Snip-

Pretty much what Terra said, and also if you are looking to play a bandit eventually I would pay a lot of attention to the report section / solved report section to get an even better grip on the rules , it helps you see where other people messed up and will allow you to avoid making those same mistakes.

Congrats man!

Terra covered most of the bases already, but just take the first few days slowly. Don't try to do anything too crazy. Just RP with people and get used to it. Also, you probably aren't going to find anyone on the coast like pubs, so head more up north or you'll spend all day looking for people.

Hope to see you ingame

Everything above is great advice.          tdawg pls

If you have any questions later on, feel free to ask Community Helpers for help. It's what we're here for. :D

Congrats on the whitelist. Good luck in Chernarus!

Keira    1017

Hi there! Welcome to the community. Hope to see you in game!

-Snip-

Pretty much what Terra said, and also if you are looking to play a bandit eventually I would pay a lot of attention to the report section / solved report section to get an even better grip on the rules , it helps you see where other people messed up and will allow you to avoid making those same mistakes.

Actually one should do that even if one never intends on being a bandit. I still read every new report carefully, I've learned quite a few what-not-to-do's from them. Not only that, you can get an idea on how to react and how NOT to react if someone does something reportable.

Ron    746

Hey Pablo!

I switched characters a few days ago and this post here helped me out a lot.

Keep looking around in the forums. Check this list of most of the guides , maybe you can find something interesting for you :)

If you have any questions feel free to pm a communtiy helper or just hop on DayZRP TS and join the "waiting for staff help" channel!

Have fun & hopefully see you ingame soon!

Chow    45

/Moved to introduction.

DarkSide    229

Welcome to the community and congrats on getting whitelisted!!

Defiance    96

Hey Pablo, 

Welcome to the community. To make it easier for people to help you out, I've merged this thread with your original introductory thread. 

You've been given some great tips, so make sure to seriously consider them before you hop in-game! Best of luck!

Welcome, hope you have luck getting accepted.

Phoenix    1046

Welcome to the Mad House :D

Pablo Esco    0

WOW! Im overwhelmed with all the nice and helpful responses cheers guys! I read a lot of stuff about not becoming a bandit straight away, and i've taken that on board. My character isn't a bandit by nature he is just a courier that got trapped, although he has the potential to become more hardened in his nature right now he's just trying to stay alive.