Server time: 2017-08-21, 04:28

Sign in to follow this  
Stellaboy

Is it appropriate to play music VOIP

Question

Stellaboy    10

I want to roleplay that a walkie talkie is an old soviet cassette player. Here's an example of some soviet-era cassette players.

What do you guys think of this? I want to play old music from Yugoslavia. Do you think hearing this IG could be disruptive? or could make for good roleplay? I am really excited to do this and add another level of atmosphere to the role play experience.

*EDIT* Forgot the image!

8 answers to this question

I think so yeah, I do it all the time. As long as the song you pick is pre 2014, it should be fine.

I think so yeah, I do it all the time. As long as the song you pick is pre 2014, it should be fine.

^

Also make sure that the music isn't obnoxious, keep it at a good level so it doesn't interrupt others RP

Dusty    1050

I think it's fine, as long as it's RP'd out (emote it out like this *Pulls out mp3 player/cassette player*), is not trolly, and has music that is pre-October 2014 (when the lore/infection starts). Also, it's best if your microphone is pretty good, and it's also nice if the music isn't staticky or too loud.

TLake    23

Yeah as long as you roleplay out a musical device and play pre-infection music. Jackals Official Song of choice is 'Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles'. I would also be careful about how loud or where you play music, other groups or people might not understand whats going on and report you. Always ere on the side of caution.

Hebee    2230

-Snip-

With the above answers do you feel that your question has been answered sufficiently?

Boston    648

Yes, you are allowed to RP out playing music aslong as the song came out pre-infection, and it's not obnoxious, trolly, or overly loud.

Make sure the RP situation calls for it, too.

Ex: Sitting in a field staring up at Green Mountain, you pull out a casette player which plays some piano music...

Stellaboy    10

-Snip-

With the above answers do you feel that your question has been answered sufficiently?

Yes feel free to close it. I would like to hear from more people who play music IG, but maybe I'll start a new thread discussing music roleplay and experiences with it.

Hebee    2230

Okay, With the above answers I would also like to add one more thing before this is solved make sure that the time that you do this is appropriate, and does not interfere with others rp, and with that

/solved