Server time: 2017-08-23, 12:10

Sign in to follow this  
Atasky

A look into the past

Atasky    10

OOC info: I was inspired by everyone else to write a little something about my own character. Had planned to keep it short really but it ended up being one long rant. I'm not really used to writing a lot so it might sound weird but hoping it does my character justice and that it's a pleasant read at least :)

ezgif.com-crop%201_zpshbyqmoxc.gif

Trivial information:

Name: Kenzi Alrovka

Eye colour: Green

Hair colour: Black

Date of birth: 22-08-1999

Place of birth: St. Petersburg

Nationality: Part Russian, part Chernarussian

Prologue:

Kenzi spent the first many years of her childhood growing up in a poor neighbourhood of St. Petersburg in Russia. Her dad was unemployed and lived of the cash he made selling drugs to other addicts before falling in himself, soon the money was gone and he ended up oweing more than he had started out with. Her mom had no education but had a job down at the local supermarket as a cashier and was working hard to earn them some cash in a desperate attempt to get them out of the hole her dad was digging them into. The stress however became too much for her mom to handle. Never was her dad there to help take care of little Kenzi nor was he doing anything to help providefor them. Her mom started drinking and soon evolved a misuse of alcoholic liqours.

The days were long for Kenzi. Her parents would argue and throw with things till it made her cry and she pleaded them to stop. But her pleading was nothing but an annoyance and in the heat of the moment her dad would hit her. Soon she stopped showing up in school as it became harder with time to hide the bruises and scars covering the young girl's body.

Eventually Children's Services found out what was going on in the home and little Kenzi was removed from her parents and instead put into her grandparents custody.

Kenzi's world changed completely as she had to move to the states to live with her grandparents. She knew no one here, didn't speak the language nor even knew who her grandparents were. None of them had kept contact with their daughter after she had decided to stay with the 'good for nothing' dad Kenzi had, however when they had been contacted by the Children's Services as Kenzi's only other living relatives they had immediately jumped in to take care of her. A decision which Kenzi later proved to be thankful for. Here she had a home, a family that cared for her and money was the least of their worries. She was making friends and she was doing well in school, remarkably well after having learned the language. Things were looking up and the years passed in blissful ignorance.

It all ended shortly one day however when young teenager Kenzi came home to find the bodies of her grandparents.

For years they had been her family, her everything and the next day they were just gone. While Children's Services were figuring out what to do with her she received psychological help to deal with the trauma she had experienced. In the meantime her parents had improved their behavior and were granted a second chance to prove that they were capable of taking care of their daughter. Hearing this didn't fall on good ground with Kenzi at all to say the least but having no say in the matter this was to be her home once again.

Meanwhile her parents had moved to Chernarus where her dad had inherited a house from some unknown relative in the family. Her mother had recovered from her alcohol misuse and was once more in job. Her dad however was still a hopeless lost cause even though he was receiving help and was in betterment (or so the Children's Services thought) but her mom never gave up on him.

Things seemed different for a while but Kenzi was still not trusting of her parents and she would be proved right in not doing so. When her parents got her back Kenzi was older and no longer a child, and even though she was still in her early teens, she was starting to show physical signs of the woman she would one day turn into. Her dad had certainly noticed as well.

Not even months in her return to her parents Kenzi decided to leave home. Broken, scarred and with a feeling of selfloathing she left everything behind. She brought nothing with her and was left at the mercy of the life as a homeless. With time however she learned to look out for herself. Found an abandoned warehouse to crash. Stole or found anything from food to the clothes she wore and the sleepingbag she slept in. She picked up on some useful new skills to help her get by. She met others like herself, having no home, no family, no place to return to and with time she wasn't alone anymore.

Only months after people were starting to get sick and it was spreading fast as it seemed hard to contain. People were scared and panick was rising. Kenzi didn't know more than she heard of the streets or the people she had made friends with or even from what the rumors were telling her. It sounded bad and it seemed only to get worse. Once the infection finally reached her town people started dropping like flies. People she knew, people she cared for she had to leave behind. If she wanted to stay alive she had to run again and that's what she did, cause running from her problems seemed to be what she was good at.

FreyZ    6

Love it! Even if I may have read the story before you posted it here due to reading through it as you were writting it, but you know.. Still! :P

Stradic    266

Good read Atasky. I feel so sorry for Kenzi now, I think we need another group hug.

FreyZ    6

Good read Atasky. I feel so sorry for Kenzi now, I think we need another group hug.

I'll be taking a screenshot of this as proof of you admitting that we should have a group hug which means that it has to happen! :D

Atasky    10

Love it! Even if I may have read the story before you posted it here due to reading through it as you were writting it, but you know.. Still! :P

Haha I appreciate you beta reading it first though :P

Haha thanks and yes I think we need another group hug xD

Great read! Always nice to know more about people you see regularly :) Keep it up!

Thanks! I'm planning on writing more at some later point ^^

Good read. Nice work!

Thank you! Happy to know it's good :D