Server time: 2017-08-23, 08:18

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
AhWellEveryone

Wait for 0.60?

I recently started playing DayZ again and joined this community. I was wondering if there is any point in recording gameplay on the RP servers  before 0.60. I get an average of about 20 fps. I'm hoping that the new update will boost that to 30 and over? If I recorded anything now and after the 0.60 update I would have a video with segments of low fps and high fps and possibly visual differences too from the new renderer. Also the lag kind of ruins the experience so does anyone know how much fps may be boosted in the new update. I have a GeForce GTX 760.

20fps seems kinda low...I have some weak-ass non-gaming laptop and I get about 30fps near (but not in) cities. I would recommend tweaking the game settings a little or getting a game booster and you should be running smooth in no time. But in 0.60 the game will not only feel different, but will look drastically different (better). so its really up to you, but right now the game seems pretty ok to me

Scouser    115

I doubt you will have amazing fps in the next update due to it being the first update of the new renderer, I have a feeling the game will run crap in the next update

Dusty    1064

Personally, I would wait until after the update to start recording footage for entertainment use. I'd definitely still record just in case of reports, but I would also tweak your settings and cfg files a lot more. The update should hopefully help improve framerates, but we have no idea how much it will improve as it's the first iteration of the new renderer. That being said, as we get closer to beta, optimization will increase more and more. If you can afford it, and play a lot of other video games, I would also definitely upgrade your PC or build a gaming PC.

Boston    650

Yes, wait for .60. I have faith in the developers that (for once) they will be able to make this game run atleast okay.

According to recent spotlights and developer updates, .60 should bring a 50% increase in FPS everywhere...

There's a formula for calculating your FPS in .60:

2eac14a7cb.png

I can't do math so I don't really know what yours will equal out to...

If you have a Nvidia card i would highly reccomend shadow play. records at 60 fps no matter what frames you get in game!

Boston    650

-snip-

A 50% increase?? ...so I will be running with a stable 30-40 fps?? Hot damn

78b1bf34ab.png

Gets better from there. That's only 50%... And if that's in towns, imagine how good it'll be in Wilderness...

Guest Gibbon   
Guest Gibbon

inb4 next to no difference in performance. Wouldnt be surprised, not like they havent broken promises before :P

-snip-

A 50% increase?? ...so I will be running with a stable 30-40 fps?? Hot damn

78b1bf34ab.png

Gets better from there. That's only 50%... And if that's in towns, imagine how good it'll be in Wilderness...

And the 50% is only the initial build... I swear if the Devs actually pull this one off... INB4 100FPS

zoyo    66

If you're not talking about scripted stuff, it's good to be recording as much as you can. You never know when you might catch some evidence of a rule break.

I doubt you will have get amazing fps in the next update due to it being the first update of the new renderer, I have a feeling the game will run crap in the next update

And everyone calls me a downer when I say it. +1, knowing the devs this update will horribly break something.

Scouser    115

I doubt you will have get amazing fps in the next update due to it being the first update of the new renderer, I have a feeling the game will run crap in the next update

And everyone calls me a downer when I say it. +1, knowing the devs this update will horribly break something.

People are expecting to get amazing fps on the first update of the new renderer, I'll give it two more updates till we see a big improvement

People are expecting to get amazing fps on the first update of the new renderer, I'll give it two more updates till we see a big improvement

As much as I like to see an upgrade in the FPS, I'm not going to take what the Devs say too seriously they have a history of dissapointments. What we're most likely going to see is perhaps a 5FPS boost and more rendering glitches. You're better of overclocking IMO

Their plan is to improve the running in general and on GTX 970+ alone they are expecting 100+ FPS in-game but that is still up for debate.

I have an AMD 390 so I'm sitting around the same benchmark and I get in places like Cherno/Zeleno 30-40 FPS stable and that's with the files played with and the settings tweaked so I can get the most out of the game so I am expecting good things with .60 and that's just me.

If the OP has not already I would suggest doing the same, messing with the files to make the game more bearable/playable.