Server time: 2017-10-22, 11:58
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
CarnEvil

Fish Fillet

CarnEvil    0

So after all the banter I heard from everyone telling me when I eat a fish fillet I would get sick, I said why not and tried it.  Of course I had charcoal tabs incase things went south.  Fished up 3 carp in a pond, cut them up into 6 fillets, and proceeded to cook them with a stick on a campfire.  The Raw fish fillet, stayd the same name, Raw fish fillet, but it changed color to cooked and was warm to the touch.  I ate all 6, and that was about 2 hours ago and still no sickness or feeling ill.  

So looks like I picked up a new hobby to catch my own food from now on.

Hmm...doesnt seem safe to eat something if its name didnt change. I think you should have just waited for a bit. Steak takes a while to cook, so I assume fillets would too.

Oh, and catching your own food is both very rewarding and very fun to do

Bruce    0

Nice. I haven't really spent that much time fishing, but it's nice to know you won't get sick anymore.

CarnEvil    0

Well, I was doing some fishing prior to that and fished one carp, Burned it cause I didn't think it was cooked. Still said "Raw Fish Fillet" when burnt. So I went back to fishing later and took it off before it got burnt.

Wolfe    0

Cool, it's good to know eating cooked food doesn't make you sick. Even though I'd still be a little hesitant, it'd be nice to change things up from just eating apples all the time.

Charlo    0

Now that's one thing I can officially say I have not done in DayZ, Fishing!

Would love to try, Might have to get someone to teach me :P

Oliv    1884

I don't know why I thought this was a thread about the McDonalds Sammich, but I did....

I've never tried my hand at fishing in game yet. Playing a character who comes from a costal city, I probably should try it every now and then. Thanks for the "I didn't die" story, I appreciate it.

Hmm...doesnt seem safe to eat something if its name didnt change. I think you should have just waited for a bit. Steak takes a while to cook, so I assume fillets would too.

Oh, and catching your own food is both very rewarding and very fun to do

He might have found a bug, raw fillets not changing name when cooked.

Frayzies    6

This is actually legitimately helpful.

To anyone who's tried fishing or fishes regularly, you know there is currently a bug where no matter how much your food is cooked the name remains "raw fish fillet." It'll go through all of the texture changes from raw, cooked, to burnt, but it won't change the title text, and it's a little daunting because you don't know if the food is bugged and you're going to get sick, or if it's legitimately cooked and just not updating the name.

Glad to know, honestly. I'll try cooking more soon.

Issues    0

Food doesn't change names when you cook them. But as soon as the texture changes to look like cooked meat, it is good to eat.

Emile    98

Nah, everyone around me will do it and it will be okay, but the second I do it and i'll be sick.

Just my luck :P

Asriel    0

Nah, everyone around me will do it and it will be okay, but the second I do it and i'll be sick.

Probably because we'll poison the meat so you get sick.

Emile    98

Probably because we'll poison the meat so you get sick.

I'm sorry... who are you?

This man took a step into unknown territory and place a fish in his mouth against the will of Dean Hall and his development team and walked away fine!

SOMEONE GIVE THIS MAN A FUCKING MEDAL

Asriel    0

This man took a step into unknown territory and place a fish in his mouth against the will of Dean Hall and his development team and walked away fine!

Dean hall doesn't develop DayZ anymore though :S

Dean hall doesn't develop DayZ anymore though :S

Maybe that's why the development slowed so much :3

zoyo    70

I remember this was a bug for not only fish but all meat awhile back. I was under the impression that it was fixed. I haven't gone fishing in awhile so I can't confirm this.

Jabba    0

I remember this was a bug for not only fish but all meat awhile back. I was under the impression that it was fixed. I haven't gone fishing in awhile so I can't confirm this.

I hated that bug SO much!

Natje    14

As a regular consumer of both fish and and all kinds of meat, I can verify that as long as the texture is that of a cooked one, it is safe to eat.

zoyo    70

I hated that bug SO much!

It actually killed me twice. First time I didn't know about it, second time was just me being an idiot and thinking I had enough charcoal tabs to cure myself. xD

Stradic    286

Thanks for the information. I haven't gone fishing in a while due to that glitch.