Server time: 2017-10-19, 19:52
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Conor

Interview with Bauglir2011

Conor    254

2d3f3cf4df.png

The idea of interview a community member is to take yet another step forward towards bringing the

community together.

The idea is to create a thread where we will interview a random community member.

During this interview we will ask the community member some questions regarding the community and how their DayZRP experience has been.

This week we interviewed:

Bauglir2011

Thank you so much for participating!

~ Tell us something unique about yourself! ~

I am a medieval reenactor. That means, I reconstruct a life of a medieval man at arms in the period of years 1390-1410. I belong to a group, that is doing this in the free time.

~ Which section in the Forum are the you most interested in and why? ~

That would be the Report and Radio Chatter sections. I read the reports, so I can learn from them to better understand the rules and not get myself banned. It's really useful. The Radio Chatter helped me to develop my character. It's interesting to read/listen to the conversation of other people and be a part of it. It's another form of RP, which should members use to improve their RP.

~ How did you find out about DayZRP? ~

My friend Semplex, who is currently banned from this community told me about it. I think it was in april 2015.

~ Have you made any friends during your time in this community? ~

Yes. Not many, but some sure. For example Coreena (I really hope, she considers me as a friend xD), Fluffles, maybe a few more members of the Immortals. I came here with 4 friends, sadly, only 2 of them are still playing. So in the beginning I've played with them. Then I joined the Immortals. But since my character is not friendly, I make more enemies, than friends. But I would like to point out, that I really love Coreena's hostile RP. I've enjoyed every hostile encounter we had together. And I would like to thank Fluffles for convincing me to write the story of my character. We haven't really been playing that much together, but we chatted alot (TS/Steam) and she is a quite interesting person.

~ Is there something that you would like to see added to our community? ~

Hmm. Maybe more events oriented on the lore.

~ What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences? ~

That would be the time I was a part of the Immortals. Every encounter was uniqe.

~ Do you have a video of your favorite roleplay moment you would like to share with us? ~

[video=youtube]

When Destiny betrayed me.

~ Do you have a video of your favorite funny moment ingame you would like to share with us? ~

[video=youtube]

I don't know if it's funny for somebody else, but I really liked, how Juggernut insulted my friend and it ended with a fist fight.

~ What do you think someone should at least do once while playing DayZRP (funny and serious and of course within the rules) ~

Join a group and torture someone (the best option would be a close friend). RPing with a group is a whole another experience than RPing by yourself or with a few friends. Funny? I scared a couple of times some strangers just by staring at them. They ran off after a few seconds. It was hilarious.

~ If you could meet one roleplay character you have met ingame in RL, who it would and why? ~

I think it would be Terodar. We know each other for six years, but never actually met IRL, although he lives in the neighbouring country.

~ Ingame, what is your favorite location to hang out? ~

I don't have a specific place to stay. I always hang around the crowded areas like Vybor, Kabanino, Stary, NWAF.

~ What do you feel is the best thing about DayZRP and our community? ~

The variety of people's RP. Everyone is uniqe. Also the strict rules. Before DayZRP I played on a czech/slovak RP server, but it was not far from a public PvP server. Here I don't need to worry to get shot over gear. In most cases I endanger my character by making enemies, not carrying the best weapon IG. I've learned here, that not only guns, but also words are a very powerful weapon.

~ Is there anything you regret IC and OOC, since you have joined DayZRP (if yes, what and why?) ~

Not really. I have no regrets.

~ Do you have any tips or hints for newcomers? ~

Don't initiate/rob/do hostile RP on your first day. It got me banned. The best option would be to do some campfire RP. Get to know a few people. Learn how this community works. Hang out with more experienced RPers and learn from them.

~ Is there anything you would like to see more of within the community? ~

I know this is like a prayer told over and over again, but more communication between the members and staff. For example: If you got reported by someone, try to solve it with him on TS or via PM. Try to understand also his PoV. I'ts definitely better, then the flame wars on the forums.

Interested in doing our interview?

Well you could be the potential next one!

We randomly pick people.

Keep a close eye on that PM box!

Good interview Bauglir.

Fluffles    21

Your lore thread is great - though very disturbing - so I don't see why I shouldn't have encouraged you to write it down and publish it. Good interview.

Majoo    742

Really good interview my friend, it's nice to know something new about you and your DayZRP experience :)

BeanZ to you !

Marcunt    239

Enjoyable interview, once again! Thankyou Bauglir for not ruining the spree.

Terra    1449

Thanks for the Interview.

I would like to comment the last question you anwered:

"I know this is like a prayer told over and over again, but more communication between the members and staff. For example: If you got reported by someone, try to solve it with him on TS or via PM. Try to understand also his PoV. I'ts definitely better, then the flame wars on the forums."

I agree wit the first sentence about the communication between everyone (Staff), however, about your example I am a bit confused.

We need to listen to both sides and simply cannot go with "I understand your side" and say someone is not guilty. We have to enforce our rules.

It simply can be that I understand why someone shot someone else, but according to our rules it was RDM - then he RDM´ed and I have to act on it.

The OP of the Report and the accused should talk, if needed moderated by Staff - A flamewar is often between the OP and the accused and not between the accused and Staff.

Thank you again and I love the videos!

Bauglir2011    158

Thanks for the Interview.

I would like to comment the last question you anwered:

"I know this is like a prayer told over and over again, but more communication between the members and staff. For example: If you got reported by someone, try to solve it with him on TS or via PM. Try to understand also his PoV. I'ts definitely better, then the flame wars on the forums."

I agree wit the first sentence about the communication between everyone (Staff), however, about your example I am a bit confused.

We need to listen to both sides and simply cannot go with "I understand your side" and say someone is not guilty. We have to enforce our rules.

It simply can be that I understand why someone shot someone else, but according to our rules it was RDM - then he RDM´ed and I have to act on it.

The OP of the Report and the accused should talk, if needed moderated by Staff - A flamewar is often between the OP and the accused and not between the accused and Staff.

Thank you again and I love the videos!

I meant it in a way, that the two sides in the report should try to understand each other and come to a peacefull conclusion without the staff getting involved. I'm sorry, I wrote it like an idiot.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I really enjoyed the interview. It's really interesting to learn something more about the members of this community.

Terra    1449

I meant it in a way, that the two sides in the report should try to understand each other and come to a peacefull conclusion without the staff getting involved. I'm sorry, I wrote it like an idiot.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I really enjoyed the interview. It's really interesting to learn something more about the members of this community.

You are not an idiot <3

Bruce    0

Another solid interview! Unfortunately, I don't we've ever met, but I'll keep an eye out for you ingame.

Bauglir2011    158

Another solid interview! Unfortunately, I don't we've ever met, but I'll keep an eye out for you ingame.

We haven't met. Should I watch my back? :D

Bruce    0

Nah, only if you don't play your cards right ;)

(I'm really sorry, I'm bound by contract to say that....)

Bauglir2011    158

Nah, only if you don't play your cards right ;)

(I'm really sorry, I'm bound by contract to say that....)

No. It's funny. But I would prefer to not run into anybody from the Gamblers. Not now...

Bauglir2011    158

You are not an idiot <3

How nice of you. Thanks. :)

DickSlide    250

Great interview!

*reads the name Semplex* tears up a little... o7

Great interview man, very solid

Bauglir2011    158

*reads the name Semplex* tears up a little... o7

Great interview man, very solid

Thanks dude. BTW Semplex should return. He's just waiting for his VAC ban from CS:GO to end.

zoyo    70

Thanks for doing this Bauglir2011! :)