Jump to content
Server time: 2017-10-22, 04:37
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Jowad Berekdar

About this...disease [Open Freq.]

Recommended Posts

*Fred rests his rifle on the side of the hunting stand. He grabs his binoculars and scans the town just downhill of him. Infected. A thought crosses his mind, so he grabs the radio, holds down the PTT button and speaks*

"Hey uh...to anyone who's listening, I could use some clearing up. See, when I first ran into an infected person, I had no idea what the fuck was going on. I had been living off the grid for a while, and one day I just found the woods overrun with infected people. So, I dont know what had happened..."

*silence for a moment*

"A while back, I heard a radio transmission claiming that the disease was a virus, that it was man-made, and that it was a variant of Rabies. Now I dont know about man made, but the other two are total bullshit. Viruses make you weak and kill you. Those fuckers out there are stronger and dont seem to die of natural causes. Also, they seem to claw more than they bite, which doesnt make sense for rabies since the virus would be found in the saliva of the infected."

*Fred takes a breath. He remembers his days in Med. school, and wishes he had completed his studies*

"Regardless, I hope that someone out there has some solid information from official sources -either recently or from when it started to spread...All I know is that it's an infection -and my money is on parasites, and that the infected are pretty much walking bags of flesh, with no trace of their past self."

*Fred releases the PTT button and rests the radio on the floor of the stand. He picks up his rifle, and starts to scan the ground between him and the town with iron sights. "Oh what I would give for a damn scope..."*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

* Sean hears a familiar voice come through the radio, he smirks and answers *

They're my friends, leave them alone. No one knows about them but they seem to keep to themselves, go say hi ... You'll be fine.

* He giggles *

Hello there, Mr Familiar man, how are things? Hope you're good.

* Static ensues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CorbSlayer    44

*Oliver walks the halls of the school, deep in thought. He hears the transmission, grabs his radio, and replies*

"You know about as much as we do, we can only speculate at this point. I doubt this 'infection' was man made, it was probably some sort of deadly bacteria that had some effect on the brain. Maybe it had evolved and became immune to modern antibiotics, who is to say."

*Oliver pauses as he looks down at his feet, then continues*

"Some people's DNA may even be incompatible with the 'infection'. I know people, including myself, who have been bitten and scratched, and didn't become sick and die. Although all of what im saying could be and is probably wrong, I'd just like to give you my take on the 'infection'.

*The transmission ends*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-snip-

*Fred hears the familiar voice of Bear through the radio. He hadnt heard his voice in a while. Oddly enough, he didnt seem too bothered. He picks up the radio and holds down the PTT button*

"Your friends? Well I'm afraid your friend list is growing shorter every now and then. They're good sport, too. Great for target practice."

*Fred smirks. As much as he hates to admit it, the infected are no longer people to him. Just predators or -in his case- prey*

"I'm doing pretty good. Its been a boring week...how about you?"

*Fred releases the PTT button*

-snip-

*Fred hears the unknown voice through the radio. He picks up the radio, holds down the PTT button, and speaks*

"Well...as you said, all that we can do is speculate. I do believe that some people are -as you said- immune to the disease, whatever it may be. I have yet to get bitten or scratched, but judging by the number of people that got infected in such a short time-frame, I believe that the disease initially spread through means other than physical. Maybe airborne or through water. Again, who knows. Its good to hear a new voice who isnt trying to kill me, rob me, or eat me. Good luck out there"

*Fred releases the PTT button*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

* He hears that he had received a response, he decides to answer *

Its okay, i have a necklace to speak to ... They're good listeners and don't question my judgement.

* He giggles *

Also doing pretty good, how goes your friends and "the hunt"?

* Static Ensues *

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-snip-

*Fred listens as Bear speaks. "A necklace? What the fuck..." He picks up the radio to reply, and holds down the PTT button*

"I've lost contact with most of my "friends". Also forgot their names, so even if I run into them I might not remember them. As for their hunt, I do believe that they had ended it. I might be wrong as I haven't heard from them in a long time. I would still watch my back though..."

*Fred releases the PTT button and smiles. The lunatics these days are a great source of entertainment*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedSky    123

-The radio gets clicked on-

I know of a reliable source I could try to seek contact with, a man called Doctor Kenji Oshiro. The man has been trying to make a cure since the day of the outbreak.

If you want I could try and figure out the specific details about this "Disease".

But considering that I have to go out of my way to contact him I'd like a favour in return.

Your choice

-Radio gets clicked off-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-snip-

*Fred hears the transmission and hesitates for a moment before picking up the radio*

"Hmmm...what sort of favor? And how can I know that the info this doctor provides is correct, and not just speculations?"

*Fred releases the PTT button*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedSky    123

-The radio gets clicked on-

The favour could be anything, A gun, Information, Helping me with a certain situation pretty much whatever Ill need it to be in the near future Ill redeem it at one point.

And Doctor Kenji Oshiro? Working of speculations, that isn't how the man worked. I see you havent heard or met him yet but I assure you ask around, many people relied on this Doctor for help. I heard how he got here as one of the first, trying to fight the disease from the first seconds of the outbreak.

Ahwell like I said it's your choice wether or not you agree on the term of the favour for information

I dont care about it to much.

-The radio gets clicked off-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cow    0

-The mans voice, British in sound fills the air.-

"I hear myself a sudo-spy. How are you, Finnr?"

-Clearing his throat.-

"Infection wise, even old gangster Kenji might not be able to help but I'm willing to get you a line to him for nothing, I'm just a nice guy like that."

"You can get ahold of me here, toodles."

-Silence.-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedSky    123

-The radio clicks on-

Information broker I was never a spy.

Would atleast expect you to know the difference

-Radio gets clicked off-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-snip-

*Fred sits by a tree and picks up the radio. He catches his breath before speaking*

"Fine. I'll help you. I'm not always available and don't have much, but I'm a man of my word. Get me what you can about the disease.  Any word about what's hapenning outside the country is also welcome"

*Fred ends the transmission, unsure about what he had just signed up for*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cow    0

-Breathing life back in to the dead air.-

"You're a fool for climbing in to bed with this bumbling dote."

-Spitting at the ground.-

"Good luck."

-As quickly as he started, it ends leaving silence in his wake.-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Breathing life back in to the dead air.-

"You're a fool for climbing in to bed with this bumbling dote."

-Spitting at the ground.-

"Good luck."

-As quickly as he started, it ends leaving silence in his wake.-

*Fred hears the man complain over the radio. He decides to play along*

"Hey man, nothing personal but maybe fix your attitude and you'll get more customers...THAT, or tell me why you are better than the other person. He responded first, gave me a name, and cleared out the transaction method. You dont give me much to work on. So go on, convince me."

*Fred releases the PTT button. "Felt like bargaining with shop owners on his trip to India. Hope I get the same 60% discount I got there..."*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cow    0

"You'll get no brown nosing from me, Fred. I offered you the exact same information wise for nothing and yet you take up this mud slinger but no longer my problem."

"I offered you help, for free I might add but you ignored me so good luck being in debt to Finnr."

-Tossing down his radio, leaving the sound of footsteps with distant words.-

"Man will get nothing from me, getting in bed with the lie merchant."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Fred smiles and picks up the radio. His day was pretty good so far, and he didnt want his good mood ruined. He holds down the PTT button*

"Cant blame me for not trusting free service. Its very rare to find something for free these days. Anyhow, I will give the other guy some time to give me what I want. Should he fuck up, I would be more than happy to deal with you AND for a price of your choice."

*Fred releases the PTT button and lets himself fall backwards on the bed. It was a damn fine day*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting thought you got there bud.

*pauses for a moment*

You think there could be something about the infection in a hospitals archives or some shit?

*Miko stands up and slings his backpack around his shoulder*

...Could be worth a lookie...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×